SMB2 expanded GFX-Pack v7.0 - final (PGE)update!

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
-Do not create a topic requesting custom graphic. Do so in Graphic Request.
Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: Lowser's Conquest

Re: SMB2 expanded GFX-Pack v5.0 [Final Version]

Postby Sednaiur » Sat May 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Today i have finally completed the Work onto this GFX-Pack ^^
Now you can get the Version 5.0 located on the Toppost, that gives you many new Things and also some Bugfixes and Rearrangements.

Some of the Things in the new Version are two new Tilesets (one is edited and expanded from the Credits and End-Stuff from SMB2, the other one is a completly custommade Bonus-Tileset made by me),
some new Blocks like the spiked hazardous Log-Ends, the ON and OFF-Blocks replacing the SMW-ones, 4-Color Platforms and more.
Also included are new NPCs like the Copter-Guys, the Trident-Guys, tinyGuys, Boo-Guys, the Dry Guy, a giant Phanto-Boss (replacing Mother Brain), a Doki Doki-styled Thwomp (replacing the SMW-Thwomp), a SMB2-styled SMB3-Exit, 4 talkable NPCs of the four Main-Playables in Style of the Character Selection, the Doki Doki Panic Goofy Face (replacing the ridable Rainbowshell), two new Versions of Subcons, and more.
Also new are some Backgrounds like the Icecube-BG (finally done ^^), a Night-themed and expanded Canyon BG (the original one also got an Expansion), the End Credits-BG (revamped and expanded with some new GFX :-P), an alternative Version of the Warehouse-BG (custom-designed with blue Columns and such), and more.
I also added small Versions of the red and blue Door-Levels and a small Version of the Vase-Level for the Worldmap-Section of this Pack.

Now this should make the Pack somewhat complete, ihope ^^.
But of Course when there are Bugs or new Content planned, i will update the Pack then. Now go and build some cool SMB2-styled Levels and Episodes :-D

愛している、ビアンカ!

Want to use new blocks, tiles, BGOS etc. in SMBX? Learn more here:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 03#p223111

Spoiler: show
My expanded GFX-packs:
Expanded SMB1 GFX-pack(3.0):http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 717#p63717
Expanded SMB2 GFX-pack(7.0):http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9445#p9445
Expanded SMB3 GFX-pack(2.0):http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =31&t=6578
Expanded SMW GFX-pack(1.0): http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 31&t=12834

My little project ^^:

John The White Yoshi
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: Uknown
Chat Username: jtwy

Postby John The White Yoshi » Sat May 03, 2014 7:04 pm

Sednaiur wrote:Today i have finally completed the Work onto this GFX-Pack ^^
Now you can get the Version 5.0 located on the Toppost, that gives you many new Things and also some Bugfixes and Rearrangements.

Some of the Things in the new Version are two new Tilesets (one is edited and expanded from the Credits and End-Stuff from SMB2, the other one is a completly custommade Bonus-Tileset made by me),
some new Blocks like the spiked hazardous Log-Ends, the ON and OFF-Blocks replacing the SMW-ones, 4-Color Platforms and more.
Also included are new NPCs like the Copter-Guys, the Trident-Guys, tinyGuys, Boo-Guys, the Dry Guy, a giant Phanto-Boss (replacing Mother Brain), a Doki Doki-styled Thwomp (replacing the SMW-Thwomp), a SMB2-styled SMB3-Exit, 4 talkable NPCs of the four Main-Playables in Style of the Character Selection, the Doki Doki Panic Goofy Face (replacing the ridable Rainbowshell), two new Versions of Subcons, and more.
Also new are some Backgrounds like the Icecube-BG (finally done ^^), a Night-themed and expanded Canyon BG (the original one also got an Expansion), the End Credits-BG (revamped and expanded with some new GFX :-P), an alternative Version of the Warehouse-BG (custom-designed with blue Columns and such), and more.
I also added small Versions of the red and blue Door-Levels and a small Version of the Vase-Level for the Worldmap-Section of this Pack.

Now this should make the Pack somewhat complete, ihope ^^.
But of Course when there are Bugs or new Content planned, i will update the Pack then. Now go and build some cool SMB2-styled Levels and Episodes :-D
Is it truly fixed,because I got a error message every time I saved the world and my work was forever gone.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat May 03, 2014 7:18 pm

Those world map tiles are just...so good.

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Sat May 03, 2014 7:21 pm

SuperWhiteYoshi64 wrote:Is it truly fixed,because I got a error message every time I saved the world and my work was forever gone.
This was because all the Scenes for the Worldmap from scene-33 on will crash SMBX. I have put the Scenes from 33 on into a Folder in the Worldmap-GFX Folder.
Next Time you should check the readme first, because i have made a Note about that, in there.
But i also will make a Note about that in the corresponding Thread, when i use the scenes from 33 on. Sorry about that.
Joey wrote:Those world map tiles are just...so good.
Thank you :-)
I hope their use will do it just like that. And to be honest, i think i need to do the same for SMB1...i am just on a GFX-making "Rampage" as it seems.

愛している、ビアンカ!

My expanded GFX-packs:
Expanded SMB1 GFX-pack(3.0):http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 717#p63717
Expanded SMB2 GFX-pack(7.0):http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9445#p9445
Expanded SMB3 GFX-pack(2.0):http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =31&t=6578
Expanded SMW GFX-pack(1.0): http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 31&t=12834

My little project ^^:

moemoe02
Rex
Rex

Postby moemoe02 » Sat May 03, 2014 7:26 pm

WHOA MY GOD! I think I see one more update to this pack and I see that there are some more stuff you have up there! like the Ending background, some colorful blocks, Heart Vegtable, more Shy-Guys, log spikes, couple more backgrounds, I cannot belive all this work you have done as I saw graphics based from tiles, then NPCs, then world map, and I see a couple more stuff you added in, I think you are the best at making stuff like this, I do not belive all this work you did!
PLEASE READ THIS:
1. I only let board administrators lock my topics, if you ask me if you wanna lock a topic made by me, PLEASE ASK
2. NO E-MAILING, only private message me
<bossedit8> WHAT IS WITH THESE DONUTS SERIOUSLY?

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/a troll

Postby h2643 » Sun May 04, 2014 5:56 am

Those graphics are just wow. Can't stop saying that...

Navi
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: trying to be a normal person
Chat Username: NavBot

Postby Navi » Sun May 04, 2014 6:05 am

spam at #h2643 saying wow.

I really liked this and I can really use this at the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuture.
Hello~ I'm previously known as Alex48, or by crunch40 for very old people.

Memorabilia:
<Legend-tony980> And I'm sexually impure.
== broadband was kicked from #teatime by Gohan [eww broadband]
"I don't have time for this, sorry" ~ Joey 2015
<reghrhre> close, ronald garcia

Crusher: kedy (the adjective) means rude or mean
kedy (the verb) means to ban/kick/kickban
kedy (the noun) means bad leader

now, see you in 3 years when im finally unbanned
xD

[Friday, May 01, 2015 6:12 PM] Crusher169: Kedy-kun-kawaii-desu-san-chan-sensai-senpai
Good morning/afternoon/noon/evening/night/midnight/dawn to everyone!
Supporting:
bossedit8's project:
Touhou Mario 2
OPEN SESAME:

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Sun May 04, 2014 6:08 am

Not even a simple wow can describe how incredible this looks. This is what everyone has been looking for.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

CreatorForce
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby CreatorForce » Sun May 04, 2014 7:27 am

Awesome Graphics.

HealthyMario
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby HealthyMario » Sun May 04, 2014 8:15 am

That is absolutely amazing! Since they're not many graphics of SMB2 in this community, this will definitely increase the number of levels made using these tremendous amount of graphics! Also, will you made a recoloured SMB3 version of this gfx pack? Because with that this will gain a lot more popularity.

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Sun May 04, 2014 8:21 am

The custom graphics (like lines and platforms) are so fantastic! And finally someone made a Water Fountain for the wales (though with wrong colors)!
Whenever I see these graphics, I think of a level to do!
im bored

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Sun May 04, 2014 8:23 am

I know you say that this is the final version, but I think it would be extraordinarily helpful if you included the SMB2 Mario and Luigi playable with all of the power-ups.
previously known as Kep

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi

Postby RudeGuy » Sun May 04, 2014 8:36 am

Wizard wrote:I know you say that this is the final version, but I think it would be extraordinarily helpful if you included the SMB2 Mario and Luigi playable with all of the power-ups.
Or may only the SMB2 Mario and Luigi with leaf and the Tanooki suit. I just made the other.
im bored

Reign
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: The Last of Mario (SMBX 2.0)

Postby Reign » Sun May 04, 2014 11:42 am

Those new graphics... *faints*.

I don't suppose you'll create more graphics based on requests? :p The only thing I'd need for my episode now would be numbers from 0 to 9 as background objects (not larger than 32x32). Or if anyone knows of such graphics, not necessarily SMB2 styled, I'd be grateful if I was told where to find them. ;)
Episodes released:

Veudekato
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: in progress

Postby Veudekato » Mon May 05, 2014 4:05 am

golden palace already make h2643
My channel (news about PlatGEnWohl , PlatGEnWohl tutorials,LunaDll ,and SMBX tests):
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6h-42umT14iR1wa3VkOs3Q

If you want to make full screenshot of your level (big screenshot - screen of whole section) , just tell me via PM!

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/a troll

Postby h2643 » Mon May 05, 2014 7:20 am

Nah, I made a few ugly golden palace blocks, but that doesn't matter because Sednaiur's are a lot better!

Mudkip
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ZA BARUDO

Postby Mudkip » Mon May 05, 2014 11:51 am

where do you get the inspiration and the mood to do so much work. I mean come on, I'm happy when I'm in the mood to import 5 NPCs to SMBX!
And with her heart of silver, Silva!

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Mon May 05, 2014 12:21 pm

HealthyMario wrote:That is absolutely amazing! Since they're not many graphics of SMB2 in this community, this will definitely increase the number of levels made using these tremendous amount of graphics! Also, will you made a recoloured SMB3 version of this gfx pack? Because with that this will gain a lot more popularity.
Oh i feared already, that someone would ask xD Just kidding :-P
Yes i already thought about that, and that was just Yesterday. But i doubt i can do it in the next Time, as there is literally a Tower of Work in Front of me, that contains also Work on my Project, Work on something that i like to release later this Day (it is something for SMW), and more Things from VL to RL. I am sorry for that :-/
Christian07 wrote:The custom graphics (like lines and platforms) are so fantastic! And finally someone made a Water Fountain for the wales (though with wrong colors)!
Whenever I see these graphics, I think of a level to do!
So you have caught me redhanded :-P. The only Thing i could get, was the Top of the Fountain, so i had to make the "stem" from Scratch, but i did like to use the direct Water-Palette, instead of this greenish blue. I still have to take a Look how to make it work better (the Fountain replaces the jumping Piranha Plant), because one can see the lower Parts of the Fountain in Front of the Whales (i did hope that the GFX of the Plant acts just like normal stationary Plants, but i was fooled again). Also thanks for the Feedback :-)
Wizard wrote:I know you say that this is the final version, but I think it would be extraordinarily helpful if you included the SMB2 Mario and Luigi playable with all of the power-ups.
I have many Weaknesses, and Playables are one of them, what is the Reason why i never have made any Playables in all of my SMBX-Life (except for a revamped Mario-Playable for my Project so far).
I better leave this to other People, who are more skilled with Playables :-P
Reign wrote:I don't suppose you'll create more graphics based on requests? :p The only thing I'd need for my episode now would be numbers from 0 to 9 as background objects (not larger than 32x32). Or if anyone knows of such graphics, not necessarily SMB2 styled, I'd be grateful if I was told where to find them. ;)
To be honest, i did like to fulfill your Request, as it is just very simple, but i just found out, there are not enough 32x32 BGOs left. But you are right about me not taking Requests (usually), except when they are simple and not too much Work. Maybe i take Requests in the Future, but for now i don't have any free Time, and i don't like to stumble anymore than i already do ^^.
Veudekato wrote:golden palace already make h2643
The Blocks from me are somewhat custom made, as i have edited the original Blocks from SMB2 before i have expanded them. I do this with all of my Extensions, because i like to remove Cutoffs, some Details i simply dosn't like, or to set everything up differently, so i can expand them more easily (hence the missing dark golden Block that is featured in the original GFX). I tried to arrange everything so, that it can be used under most Circumstances :-)
Mudkip wrote:where do you get the inspiration and the mood to do so much work. I mean come on, I'm happy when I'm in the mood to import 5 NPCs to SMBX!
It is Fun for me, because it not just helps me, but also others too. When i have an Idea, but i see (or more preciesly "think" to see) there is no such GFX already existing, then i go and make it. But often i get carried away with that, what starts like with my Giant GFX-Pack, or like with this Pack xD. Well, it is just very much Fun to provide Things and make something from Scratch too ^^
But i also hope, that there will be some SMB2-styled Episodes too in the Future. That is one of the Reasons why i have created a whole Worldmap-GFX-Pack for SMB2.
And also a big "thanks" for all the Feedback and Critism. When there is something wrong, or something that could be improved, just tell me here, and i can see, if i can do it then ^^

愛している、ビアンカ!

My expanded GFX-packs:

My little project ^^:

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi

Postby RudeGuy » Mon May 05, 2014 12:57 pm

Sednaiur wrote:I still have to take a Look how to make it work better (the Fountain replaces the jumping Piranha Plant), because one can see the lower Parts of the Fountain in Front of the Whales (i did hope that the GFX of the Plant acts just like normal stationary Plants, but i was fooled again).
May I find a solution for this. In SMBX there are 2 moving foreground BGOs and I can change them to the actual SMB2 water BGO. The player also can't reach that BGOs without cheating, because they are under the whale. I tried this and it functions!
im bored

FutureNyanCat2014
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby FutureNyanCat2014 » Thu May 08, 2014 10:04 am

Can you upload this to Mediafire? Filesmelt is down for me.

EDIT: It's back on! I will download this.
ImageImageImageImage
Forum: http://futurenyancat2002.prophpbb.com/
"F*ck you Einstein! Let's make a level with water + lava!" ~FutureNyanCat2014, 05/05/14
FutureNyanCat2002: Big Fan of Valtteri Since 2013

Return to “Graphics”