Mario & Luigi and the Seashell Island Crisis

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
Rawr
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: A SMBX project, I haven't made up a name yet.

Mario & Luigi and the Seashell Island Crisis

Postby Rawr » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:42 am

Well, it's finally time to announce the thing I've been working on for so long. Now without the past thoughts of cancelling the project altogether, I present you "Mario & Luigi and the Seashell Island Crisis", my own little SMBX episode.

Story:
Spoiler: show
Mario, Luigi and Princess Peach went on a fantastic holiday on the Seashell Island: a fairly-big and peaceful island located in the middle of the ocean. Unfortunately for our heroes, the vacation they planned went downhill, as the Giant Star, which powered up the whole island, has been stolen! Obviously, Mario and Luigi think that Bowser is guilty. Leaving Peach to a safe place, our two courageous plumbers go on a new exciting adventure on the Seashell Island.
Main Characters:
Mario - The hero. What else can be said about him?
Luigi - The hero's "adorkable" younger brother. His jumps are greater than Mario's and he can collect coins much faster than him.
Blockstio - A small Text Block which will help you along the way.
Bowser - The evil king has returned once again, causing problems for everyone like usual.
On the journey, Mario and Luigi will go through:
Seashell Island's Shore
Leafy Woods
Sunshine Savannah
Candy Canyon
??? (I'll make a poll to decide on what theme that "world" will be.)
Bowser's Lair
Here are the obligatory screenshots to show my work so far:
Of course, not everything is done by me. Thanks a bunch for the custom graphics to:
Valterri, Sednaiur, Airship, Shikaternia, legendtony800, Silverdeoxys563, Enjl, Eternity, Aeon, Darkmecha, reghrhre, Spinda, and many many others!
Well, now we're done with the screenies and all the credits, let's talk about the other stuff. Obviously, I won't be able to do everything by myself, so I'll need some help.

What I'm gonna need:
- 3 Beta Testers, who will play and "rate" the levels I'm going to make, and look for potential errors, cut-offs, mistakes etc.
- a Map Maker. I suck at making maps, so I'll need someone to make one for me. Specifically SMB3-styled.
- a Logo Maker. Same with maps, the chance of me making a nice-looking logo for the episode is extremely slim.
- Probably something else, but I can't lay my finger on that yet. I'll edit this when something hits me.
If you want to contribute, please feel free to PM me! However, I want the people who are willing to help to be active. Having experience in the thing they'll contribute is a plus.

That's about it. I'm glad that you showed some interest in my first project. Since it's summer, I'll have a lot of time to make some progress. I'll check this thread every day, so feedback would be very appreciated! Also, there's a chance I'll edit this thread every two weeks to show what I've made the days between the updates. Thanks a bunch for reading!
Last edited by Rawr on Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Enchlore
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Re: Mario & Luigi and the Seashell Island Crisis

Postby Enchlore » Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:40 pm

Judging by the screenshots, your episode looks well designed so far. I can make a logo for you, if you want. I'll send it in a PM when I get it done.

ProngoKingdom
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Random levels

Postby ProngoKingdom » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:37 pm

Does the map maker need to use custom graphics? If not, I might be able to.
Avatar by the talented That-Mario-Kid

Since everyone have unrelated Pokemon in their signature, I'll put some in mine too.
ImageImageImage

Deathdmndcrftsmbx
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: Super Mario Green Star Snatcher (SMBX 2.0)

Postby Deathdmndcrftsmbx » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:40 pm

I like the graphics and level design looks good in the screens . Good luck on your project

Rawr
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: A SMBX project, I haven't made up a name yet.

Postby Rawr » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:11 am

ProngoKingdom wrote:Does the map maker need to use custom graphics?
It's possible, because the tiles that I want to be included aren't in the vanilla SMBX. I could get the map maker the custom graphics they need to use.

Deathdmndcrftsmbx wrote:I like the graphics and level design looks good in the screens . Good luck on your project
Thanks a bunch!
Enchlore wrote:Judging by the screenshots, your episode looks well designed so far. I can make a logo for you, if you want. I'll send it in a PM when I get it done.
That would be very nice of you! ^^

Oh, also a small update: I added some more screenshots of levels I already made, but I forgot to take a picture of them.

ProngoKingdom
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Random levels

Postby ProngoKingdom » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:28 am

Rawr wrote:
ProngoKingdom wrote:Does the map maker need to use custom graphics?
It's possible, because the tiles that I want to be included aren't in the vanilla SMBX. I could get the map maker the custom graphics they need to use.
Well, I still might be able to then. Good luck on your project by the way, is does look very nice so far.
Avatar by the talented That-Mario-Kid

Since everyone have unrelated Pokemon in their signature, I'll put some in mine too.
ImageImageImage

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:50 am

I can't even see any graphics I've made, what a tease :v
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Projects”