Need help using Valtteri's SMB1 Pulley platform set

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Re: Need help using Valtteri's SMB1 Pulley platform set

Postby Electriking » Fri May 12, 2017 5:13 pm

You may be able to do it in 1.3.0.2 using LunaLua, but I don't know. 2.0 is set to (in is kind of already is) replacing 1.3, so you should migrate to that eventually, but of course you don't have to.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Fri May 12, 2017 5:41 pm

Animebryan wrote:That perfect. Just keep pouring oil on the fire. Make sure it never goes out, right? :roll:
You asked for an explanation and you got it. The worst thing you can do right now is pretend none of this is your fault. Owe up to your mistakes.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

Animebryan
Bit
Bit
Current Project: Legacy of the Stars

Postby Animebryan » Fri May 12, 2017 6:04 pm

DarkMatt wrote:You asked for an explanation and you got it. The worst thing you can do right now is pretend none of this is your fault. Owe up to your mistakes.
Animebryan wrote:
Zeldamaster12 wrote:"Why can't you just get it?" is not rude. I think you misinterpreted it as "why can't you just understand already", but he actually meant "why can't you just get 2.0", which is a completely harmless question. You got mad at his statement and made him out to be a jerk for whatever reason, which was indeed you victimizing yourself.

I agree that the thread has kinda derailed, but the 2.0 discussion sparked because people were suggesting that you use 2.0 for pulley platforms and you outright refused. Either go for the easiest option or don't, choice is yours. If the RMN community won't accept anything made in 2.0, then unless you can find a good and easy way to use functional pulley platforms on 1.3 (tip: you probably won't), then you might just have to scrap the idea of using pulley platforms.
You're right. That's exactly how I read it, a rude way of saying "Why can't you just understand that they're just a bunch of graphics that don't function right". I made him out to be a jerk because it sounded rude & its an obvious mistake anyone could make. If he had asked the other way you put it "why can't you just get 2.0", then my response wouldn't have been so angry. I was kinda hoping that Valtteri himself would see this & tell me how to use it or if it is non-functional in 1.3.
And you should stop being a hypocrite: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=18539
You clearly speak out about people pretending to help others on here with "just use 2.0" on that topic & yet you ignore that that's the same issue here. King of Eterity is clearly guilty of trying to push 2.0 onto others as a form of help according to that topic but you ignore that & make me out to be the bad guy when all I was asking for was some help with something for 1.3 only to get bombarded with "Convert to 2.0" BS & unnecessary drama over a comment that still sounds rude & should have been worded better. But I'm done dealing with this BS. My project manager said in his own words, "From what I hear, the SMBX forums are a cesspool." He was certainly right. And this 'SMBX version War' is proof of that.
Due to the 'hostility' between me & some of the staff on here, I'm going to start blocking users who post on my topics without posting an actual solution & are just retaliating/reacting to my posts. I'll try to be nicer with my posts but situations like this & the constant problems with SMBX2 & PGE is making that harder & harder to be nice about all this. :(

DarkMatt
Banned

Postby DarkMatt » Fri May 12, 2017 6:41 pm

Animebryan wrote:And you should stop being a hypocrite: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=18539
You clearly speak out about people pretending to help others on here with "just use 2.0" on that topic & yet you ignore that that's the same issue here. King of Eterity is clearly guilty of trying to push 2.0 onto others as a form of help according to that topic but you ignore that & make me out to be the bad guy when all I was asking for was some help with something for 1.3 only to get bombarded with "Convert to 2.0" BS & unnecessary drama over a comment that still sounds rude & should have been worded better. But I'm done dealing with this BS. My project manager said in his own words, "From what I hear, the SMBX forums are a cesspool." He was certainly right. And this 'SMBX version War' is proof of that.
So you're digging up completely irrelevant conversations just to pull off an ad hominem fallacy because you cannot stand someone calling you out on your bullshit? Nevermind that's a totally different thread, but you're attacking me instead of my argument and then trying to run away?

>"King of Eterity is clearly guilty of trying to push 2.0 onto others as a form of help"
That's why I made the other thread.

>"Make me out to be the bad guy"
>"If you need a specific point where you started this mess, it was this post:"
>You thought I was attacking you when I was spelling out how you fucked up.
Oh so I guess if I can explain it to you it means I'm attacking you. Great. No that's totally fine, if you WANT me to paint you as the bad guy I can do that for you. Doesn't bother me any.

You don't want to acknowledge you fucked up and it's painfully obvious. That makes the post you quoted look forced and half-assed, which is probably the truth considering how much effort you put into trying to sound right in this thread.

I was being formal about this but if you're going to be a baby who can't stand to look at himself, then I don't care. Go ahead and run.

Oh and, maybe you shouldn't try taking an eye for an eye if you want help. Just a bit of advice.
[center]From illusion to truth. From darkness to light. From doom to eternity.[/center]

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri May 12, 2017 10:43 pm

This thread has gone far from its original purpose and has been nothing but arguing, so I'm going to go ahead and lock it. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM a staff member.

Return to “Help and Support”