Some Problems I've Been Having...

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
GlitchDoesMC
Goomba
Goomba

Some Problems I've Been Having...

Postby GlitchDoesMC » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:38 pm

The title says all...

So when I go to the SMBX folder and go onto the world folder, there are no levels to delete/rename...
I try to keep this window open when I create a level in a game, but they still don't appear.
Now, when it does appear, I want to delete it. So, I put it into my recycle bin. I check back onto the game, and the level IS STILL THERE. This is another problem, along with the .lvl and .wld files not appearing...
Now, I try to delete the SMBX folder completely, and run SMBX again. But when I check back, the levels are still there again...
So now my only option is to uninstall and reinstall into another directory. FINALLY, the levels are gone. But I still have the problem with the .wld files and .lvl files not appearing when I create a level/world...

So please, anyone help me with these problems so I don't have to uninstall and reinstall all the time. Plus, if I make a mistake in the level/world name, then I have to uninstall and reinstall all over again...
Thank you to anyone who can help me! I'd appreciate this being figured out by this week. I had to make an account just for this...

P.S. Is this in the right section?
P.S.S. I have a Windows 8, is that the problem?

EDIT: Another problem! Custom music not working! I put the music into the worlds folder, then type the file name into SMBX? If that's how you do it, then it is not working for me... thank you for a solution!
Last edited by GlitchDoesMC on Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yogi_Bear
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: Yogi's Episode: The Legend of Peach

Re: Some Problems I've Been Having...

Postby Yogi_Bear » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:44 pm

The first thing to check that comes to my mind, is, are you saving your levels in the world folder? the level files will only show up where you save them.

Also levels will only show up as deleted/there (if you moved them via explorer) if you close the load/save dialogue box and open it again, so if you have the "load" box open, delete a file, then check back, it will still be there until you load a level (dont load what you just deleted) or close out of the load box, and try to load a level again.
Last edited by Yogi_Bear on Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My (now finished) Project: The Legend of Peach

Does anyone still make project banners? Mine isn't a large project or anything, but some of them look pretty snazzy. PM me if you make them, and wouldn't mind making one for me.

GlitchDoesMC
Goomba
Goomba

Postby GlitchDoesMC » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:46 pm

Yogi_Bear wrote:The first thing to check that comes to my mind, is, are you saving your levels in the world folder? the level files will only show up where you save them.
Yes, I have them in my worlds folder, inside another folder which contains my levels.

Yogi_Bear
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Yogi_Bear » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:48 pm

which version of smbx do you have?

Music has to be in the "episode" folder, i.e. the folder that holds the .lvl and the level's gfx folder. make sure you arent putting it with the custom gfx.
Make sure youre typing the extension to it as well. If the file name is "Overworld.mp3" make sure in-game you type "Overworld.mp3" and THEN hit custom for the music.
Last edited by Yogi_Bear on Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Does anyone still make project banners? Mine isn't a large project or anything, but some of them look pretty snazzy. PM me if you make them, and wouldn't mind making one for me.

GlitchDoesMC
Goomba
Goomba

Postby GlitchDoesMC » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:49 pm

Yogi_Bear wrote:which version of smbx do you have?
Version 1.3.0.1.
Also note that I am using a Windows 8.

Yogi_Bear
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Yogi_Bear » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:52 pm

I dont have 8, so I cant say if thats the problem or not. Do you see the levels in windows explorer, and the game just isnt seeing them?

GlitchDoesMC
Goomba
Goomba

Postby GlitchDoesMC » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:55 pm

Yogi_Bear wrote:I dont have 8, so I cant say if thats the problem or not. Do you see the levels in windows explorer, and the game just isnt seeing them?
I don't know what you mean by Windows Explorer... is it that file viewer thingy with the drives and all that?
Again, I can't see the levels in my worlds folder, but can see them ingame. Even when they do show up in the folder and I delete them, the game just doesn't see the level deleted.

Anyways, I'll check back on this post in about an hour. Thank you all!

Yogi_Bear
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Yogi_Bear » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:04 pm

Thats weird. I have no idea what's going on with that. I hope someone with experience with windows 8 can help you more on the issue.

Return to “Help and Support”