Dreambound Thread

Share anything artistic that you've made, like short stories, drawings, and music.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Dreambound Thread

Postby Cloud » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:58 pm

Welcome to the Dreambound thread, where I'm going to be posting all of the episodes I make here. This comic used to be called Cloud's Forum Adventures, but I changed its name when its namesake grew too inactive for it to be worth it to remain open. You may remember a series about the protagonists fighting an evil army called the Nightmare Legion; that's still a thing. I was working really hard on that saga, and I made so many chapters that I grew tired of the storyline and was burnt out for around a month. But now, I'm back, but I'm remaking some of the older episodes, but with some added panels and most of all, new lore. The name Dreambound comes from a few things - one, it's a reference to my favorite game of all time (which is probably easy to guess), and second, since a lot of the comic's plot revolves around psychological powers, possession, and such, I decided to give the comic a much more fitting and "magnetic" name. Its old name didn't really detail anything that was going on in the plot, and I hope that this new name will fix that.

But that's not all I've changed. I have listened to people's feedback and have spent the past two months refining my drawing ability. Characters are now more expressive, and I've practiced drawing scenes with more movement. As such, characters will feel more alive rather than just static images. We're going to have a steam group pretty soon which will post updates on the release of new episodes, and you can also receive a Dreambound Newsletter by PMing me. So with all of that said, let's get right to it: the episodes. Or, in this case, the episode, because it's the only one I've released so far. But don't worry, there's more to come.

Chapter 1: A Shady Situation
Spoiler: show
Motivation is a weird thing. It's what drives me to create new episodes, but it's not necessarily reliable. Comments and views, but especially comments, help to up the motivation. Basically, if you're a fan of the series but there haven't been many new episodes lately, it's likely because I'm lacking motivation. So if you want to see some new episodes, post here. If you haven't noticed from the other two locked and closed threads, I teeter between making the series and not making the series due to this. Other than that though, I have nothing to say except enjoy. As always if you have questions, comments, or whatever, post them here and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Last edited by Cloud on Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:23 am, edited 5 times in total.

Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Re: Dreambound: Oblivion Island Saga Remake

Postby Cloud » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:39 pm

I'm also bringing back CFA Subscriptions. They don't cost anything at all this time, though. All you have to do is PM me saying you want to subscribe, and I'll then add you to a list. Each Sunday, you'll receive a short Dreambound newsletter with the newest episode, and maybe some other cool stuff too. I'm not sure if I'm going to make a list of subscribers public or not, but yeah. If you're interested, please PM me.

Also, the reason I double posted here is because eventually the OP is going to get too long to fit into one post.

Zonnepoes
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Nothing at all.

Re: Dreambound Thread

Postby Zonnepoes » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:24 am

It has returned? In a new story? Can't wait!
Don't click if you dare! (bad box)

Also known on those websites as:
smwcentral:http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=profile&id=25353
raocow's talkhaus:http://talkhaus.raocow.com/memberlist.p ... le&u=98499

Keep in mind that i am not a very active SMBX poster anymore. The game is still pretty awesome, but i decided to post a little more on SMWCentral.

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:08 pm

YES IT'S BACK
I really hope you don't cancel it this time, it's such a good comic.

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

Radishl
Banned
Current Project: Super Mario Hero

Postby Radishl » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:03 pm

Neat!

Seems interesting, can't wait to see more.

Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Cloud » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:59 pm

Good to see that there's still some interest still floating around here despite the cancellation business. There was actually a chapter that came before the episode I've already posted, but I'm remaking it because...its speech bubbles were square, rather than oval. Yeah. So that's coming. Basically, Chapter 1 (the current episode will be changed to Chapter 2) and Chapter 3 will be coming out by next Monday. I may also add an extra panel to Chapter 2.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:01 am

Good to see this back once again! I think the name change certainly wasn't a bad choice, I liked CFA as a name but Dreambound sounds cool as well. The first chapter was made really well, too, and I quite like it. Good job on this so far!
im a girl yo

Liraxus
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Things.

Postby Liraxus » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:32 pm

This is delicious pixelation arts.
Hey, yeah, thanks cubewatermelon, Sans looks great.

Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Cloud » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:02 am

So I've been very busy lately, with hardly any time to attend to DreamBound. Today was the final nail in the coffin, as my flash drive broke, and with it went all of my schoolwork, art, forum images, and DreamBound episodes, character drawings, concepts, scripts, and pre-drawn assets I used in every comic episode. As such, the series is sadly going to be put onto hiatus until I can muster up the motivation to recover all of this, or until the flash drive's fixed. However I don't want this thread locked just yet, as I'm still seeing if I can somehow attach the broken USB thing into the base of the flash drive.

Funfun11
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Funfun11 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:21 pm

Cloud wrote:
Chapter 1: A Shady Situation
Motivation is a weird thing. It's what drives me to create new episodes, but it's not necessarily reliable. Comments and views, but especially comments, help to up the motivation. Basically, if you're a fan of the series but there haven't been many new episodes lately, it's likely because I'm lacking motivation. So if you want to see some new episodes, post here. If you haven't noticed from the other two locked and closed threads, I teeter between making the series and not making the series due to this. Other than that though, I have nothing to say except enjoy. As always if you have questions, comments, or whatever, post them here and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
OH MY GOD. THAT MAIN CHARACTER IS SO CUTE.
HI

Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Cloud » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:15 pm

I'm still working on this. Just be patient and something will come. Eventually. For now, here's a desktop background I drew.

Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Cloud » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:04 pm

It's over. My flash drive broke, all episodes lost. There's no longer any interest in this comic, so I will no longer waste my time by making it. Bye.

TheKingOfBoos
Grinder
Grinder
Current Project: ROIP

Postby TheKingOfBoos » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:19 pm

Cloud wrote:There's no longer any interest in this comic, so I will no longer waste my time by making it.
Um that's debatable
Cloud wrote:It's over. My flash drive broke, all episodes lost.
Well that was dramatic. Maybe you should reconsider that decision? I like your comics at least :S
<TheKingOfBoos> I don't speak non-american, shadowstar, I have no idea how hot that is
<Kogasa> it's like 92-93 in patriot units
<Merve> TKOB for next mod
Support the GGP! Put this in your signature!
I support:
ImageImageImageImage

Cloud
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Cloud » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:44 pm

I'm going to be finishing what I started. DreamBound will be returning soon. The plot will be a heavily revamped Nightmare Legion saga. Except this time around, two unknown voices have began telepathically communicating with Cloud, who cannot identify the voices. One voice tells him to do nothing but good things, and the other voice tells him to murder and do generally bad things. It's going to be up to you guys to decide which voice becomes more prevalent.

Return to “Art Board”