The cartoons today

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
Vinyl Scratch
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 662
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:47 pm
Flair: The God Emperor of SMBXkind
Current Project: People will only care about certain facts just as long as they backup their own beliefs.
Chat Username: Hello#3856

Re: The cartoons today

Postby Vinyl Scratch » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Good-tier list (People that watch this have pretty good tastes)
Sonic Boom
Star vs The Forces of Evil
Rick and Morty
Gravity Falls

Okay-Tier list (Watchable whenever there isn't much going on)
Regular Show
Adventure Time
South Park

Meh-Tier list (Watchable, but more flaws are holding it back from being Okay)
Magical Little Horses; Friendship is Broken
Steven Universe
Uncle Grandpa
Cory in The House
Clarence
Rest In Peace Privana.
Ad hominem.
Spoiler: show
Mivixion wrote:We don't cater to the minority.
Image

Image
RegisteredUsername wrote:Well with that shitty attitude of yours, I don't know how you are still on this Forums.

And with that long paragraph of shit, why aren't you classed as the "SMBX Community's bullshiter"?
Snowburger wrote:Also,yeah Vinyl,I must have serious brain damage for not liking something you like XD
DarkMatt wrote:You were off being a shitposter so I didn't bother.
Image
AeroMatter wrote:4/17/2015 - The day an /a/ meme caused conflict in SMBX.
Joey wrote:In the future there will be an official version of SMBX that contains LunaLua, but it's not going to come right now. I promise that it'll happen, though.
Image
Image

<AeroMatter> vinyl tbch cause we need more people like you
<Vinyl> NEET Shitposters?
<AeroMatter> yes

:^)

reghrhre
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 666
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:19 pm
Flair: Discord: Benkyo#3458

Re: The cartoons today

Postby reghrhre » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:06 am

Vinyl Scratch wrote:Meh-Tier list (Watchable, but more flaws are holding it back from being Okay)
Cory in The House
How dare you call that Good stuff "Meh-Tier", let alone, classify Cory in The House as a cartoon when it's an anime!!

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4487
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Re: The cartoons today

Postby Aero » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:46 am

reghrhre wrote:
Vinyl Scratch wrote:Meh-Tier list (Watchable, but more flaws are holding it back from being Okay)
Cory in The House
How dare you call that Good stuff "Meh-Tier", let alone, classify Cory in The House as a cartoon when it's an anime!!
tbh it was better in its original shadow play form, the manga adaptation was too japanese centric, and the anime was just a sell out.

As long as one man goes hungry nobody should eat until everyone is full.

User avatar
SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1469
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: The cartoons today

Postby SnifitGuy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:09 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:
I'm mostly looking at Snifitguy when I say this. I don't mind if he hates Steven Universe, but I want him to say that in a respective manner, not "steven universe is shit."
Eh, you're entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine. Saying Shit probably didn't make me look very mature, so if I could post it in a more constructive manor, I would say this; the show's art style is not bad, but the plot definitely turns me away; I find Steven obnoxious (not like breadwinners obnoxious) and while the other characters are mature, they don't really stand out much to me.

User avatar
Chip Potato
Eerie
Eerie
Posts: 957
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: The cartoons today

Postby Chip Potato » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:17 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:Good-tier list (People that watch this have pretty good tastes)
Sonic Boom

>good tastes
>sonic boom
okay then
Projects I'm supporting:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Spoiler: show
Enjl wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:The deadline is tomorrow everyone! Make sure your level is finished, completable, there are no glitches, and it ends with a star!Thats the key to a good score!
Image

User avatar
SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1469
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: The cartoons today

Postby SnifitGuy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:23 pm

Chip Potato wrote:
Vinyl Scratch wrote:Good-tier list (People that watch this have pretty good tastes)
Sonic Boom

>good tastes
>sonic boom
okay then

Oh, so you want to play that game, huh? Well then: Steven Universe sucks. Come at me.
I would highly recommend not calling people's tastes bad. And before you say "Well SnifitGuy, that's what you did" I said I personally think the show is bad, not that people who watch are idiots or have bad taste.

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1769
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: The cartoons today

Postby PopYoshi » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:41 pm

SnifitGuy wrote:
Chip Potato wrote:
Vinyl Scratch wrote:Good-tier list (People that watch this have pretty good tastes)
Sonic Boom

>good tastes
>sonic boom
okay then

Oh, so you want to play that game, huh? Well then: Steven Universe sucks. Come at me.
I would highly recommend not calling people's tastes bad. And before you say "Well SnifitGuy, that's what you did" I said I personally think the show is bad, not that people who watch are idiots or have bad taste.


There are people who does like Steven Universe and some people that do not like Steven Universe , I almost do not see it because I do not like much but I respect those who like the serie. Please, a little more respect for those who like and those who do not like the serie

Rebember:

try to not insulting and not sound like a hater
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Chip Potato
Eerie
Eerie
Posts: 957
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: The cartoons today

Postby Chip Potato » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:03 pm

SnifitGuy wrote:I said I personally think the show is bad, not that people who watch are idiots or have bad taste.
actually i'm pretty sure that's exactly what you did when you called the show shit. or are you denying that ever happened?
Projects I'm supporting:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Spoiler: show
Enjl wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:The deadline is tomorrow everyone! Make sure your level is finished, completable, there are no glitches, and it ends with a star!Thats the key to a good score!
Image

User avatar
SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1469
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: The cartoons today

Postby SnifitGuy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:27 pm

Chip Potato wrote:
SnifitGuy wrote:I said I personally think the show is bad, not that people who watch are idiots or have bad taste.
actually i'm pretty sure that's exactly what you did when you called the show shit. or are you denying that ever happened?
I called the show shit. I never said anything about the people watching it, unlike you.

User avatar
Chip Potato
Eerie
Eerie
Posts: 957
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: The cartoons today

Postby Chip Potato » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:27 pm

SnifitGuy wrote:I called the show shit. I never said anything about the people watching it, unlike you.
OOOOOH BOY HERE WE GO AGAIN

people who call shows shit are usually also insulting the people who watch it, because it insinuates that those people are watching shit.

also i didn't even say anything negative about their personal taste. i just said "okay then". so you're pulling things straight out of your ass lmao
Projects I'm supporting:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Spoiler: show
Enjl wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:The deadline is tomorrow everyone! Make sure your level is finished, completable, there are no glitches, and it ends with a star!Thats the key to a good score!
Image

User avatar
SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1469
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: The cartoons today

Postby SnifitGuy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:55 pm

Chip Potato wrote:
SnifitGuy wrote:I called the show shit. I never said anything about the people watching it, unlike you.
OOOOOH BOY HERE WE GO AGAIN

people who call shows shit are usually also insulting the people who watch it, because it insinuates that those people are watching shit.

also i didn't even say anything negative about their personal taste. i just said "okay then". so you're pulling things straight out of your ass lmao
No, you said and I quote
Chip Potato wrote: >good tastes
>sonic boom
okay then
Saying that people who like Sonic Boom have bad taste.
I said:
SnifitGuy wrote: Let's not forget Stephen Universe Spongebob (I still think Steven Universe is shit). I mean, the older episodes were really good, but now spongebob is an annoying asshole who won't stop laughing or crying. In the older episodes, he was a more relatable and likeable character, while nowadays he just annoys everyone with his constant idiocy.
So I said nothing about people or there tastes.

User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Posts: 4098
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:43 pm
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Re: The cartoons today

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:02 pm

Enough arguing, take it to PM.
Image

User avatar
SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1469
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: The cartoons today

Postby SnifitGuy » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:05 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Enough arguing, take it to PM.
No. I'll argue until the cows come home. You can't tell me what to do.
I apologize for my stupidity....

User avatar
TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Re: The cartoons today

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:36 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Enough arguing, take it to PM.
There's nothing wrong with their argument, aside from the fact it's a little heated. It's about time the staff stopped trying to purge arguments as they are a part of every decent forum. Nothing wrong with opposing sides as long as they stay civil. Next time an argument gets out of hand, bring it back to Earth instead of ending it altogether.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

User avatar
Chip Potato
Eerie
Eerie
Posts: 957
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Re: The cartoons today

Postby Chip Potato » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:06 am

SnifitGuy wrote:So I said nothing about people or there tastes.
i literally just explained to you why saying the show is shit is, in fact, saying something about people and their tastes.

anyways that's the end of this argument, be sure to like the argument, comment the argument, and subscribe if you wanna see arguments similar to this one. see ya.
Projects I'm supporting:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Spoiler: show
Enjl wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:The deadline is tomorrow everyone! Make sure your level is finished, completable, there are no glitches, and it ends with a star!Thats the key to a good score!
Image

User avatar
SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1469
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Re: The cartoons today

Postby SnifitGuy » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:50 pm

TNTtimelord wrote:
Zeldamaster12 wrote:Enough arguing, take it to PM.
There's nothing wrong with their argument, aside from the fact it's a little heated. It's about time the staff stopped trying to purge arguments as they are a part of every decent forum. Nothing wrong with opposing sides as long as they stay civil. Next time an argument gets out of hand, bring it back to Earth instead of ending it altogether.
Zelda was saying that we should continue this argument via PM, not entirely, and I agree; it's terrible to just end an argument with nothing making sense, but if it's just between two people instead of two sides, then a PM is probably the more logical way to go. BTW, I can't call my posts civil XD

User avatar
RoundPiplup
Grinder
Grinder
Posts: 1142
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:03 pm

Re: The cartoons today

Postby RoundPiplup » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:37 pm

Pretty much find this a OPINION topic(some may say that, others say otherwise, so on...) so I won't really want to go through a argument like saying:

"Oh look at Steven Universe(or any other Cartoon show) it's so bad blah blah blah."

That was just a rather bad example(and no, I don't think Steven Universe is that kind of bad). I do, however, can say that cartoons back then were better then most of the cartoons I see nowadays. I still get some laughs and emotions, but at least they aren't like worse than what could be imagined.
The Past still haunts me.
Spoiler: show
Image

Image
...

User avatar
TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Posts: 2588
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Re: The cartoons today

Postby TLtimelord » Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:57 pm

RoundPiplup wrote:Pretty much find this a OPINION topic(some may say that, others say otherwise, so on...) so I won't really want to go through a argument like saying:

"Oh look at Steven Universe(or any other Cartoon show) it's so bad blah blah blah."

That was just a rather bad example(and no, I don't think Steven Universe is that kind of bad). I do, however, can say that cartoons back then were better then most of the cartoons I see nowadays. I still get some laughs and emotions, but at least they aren't like worse than what could be imagined.
Agreed. More likely than not most of the cartoons are just average, like Clarence and Uncle Grandpa. Now, Breadwinners, THAT is a less than average cartoon.
In an age of darkness light appears
And it wards away the ancient fears
March to the anthem of the heart
To a brand new day, a brand new start

User avatar
Karl Marx
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 306
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:13 pm
Current Project: Getting a college degree

Re: The cartoons today

Postby Karl Marx » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:42 am

pretty much everyone wrote:Rick and Morty is a good show
um

what

Rick and Morty is more than just aa good show, its honestly completely brilliant. It's a wonderful synthesis of cynical, blakc-humor zaniness and at times quite touching. What singles this show out from others in my mind is how dispecible everyone is. Rick seems to be completely amoral, Jerry is oblivious to his own faults, Morty is too insecure to stop Rick when he goes on a murderous rampage, etc.

These characters aren't despicable assholes, there's just enough to recognize that they are real people. That's the thing with Rick and Morty, instead of being about colorful characters, the show seems to be about real people and the insane universe they inhabit. Maybe it's the despicability that makes us recognize these characters as human? Who knows.

kk Karl Marx out again, peace to yo proletariat.
Image

User avatar
MaK3eR
Banned
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:08 pm

Re: The cartoons today

Postby MaK3eR » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:44 pm

Goood
cool
and
Nothing


Return to “Sandbox”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests