The Furry Community

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

The Furry Community

Postby PopYoshi » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:02 pm

The furry fandom refers to fanaticism towards the furry genre of literature, art and entertainment. The furry fandom term is also used to refer to the community of artists, writers, performers and fans in general furry art forms who gather on the web and conventions.

The members of the fandom, known as furries furry, furs, furros or furry fans particularly enjoy content that includes fictional anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics. Examples of anthropomorphic attributes include exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, the ability to speak, walking on two legs and dress clothes.

The furry genre is based on the idea of fantastic animals as characters, rather than other types of fiction. Any title in any medium can be considered related to the furry genre simply have a fantastic animal character. Such characters are often seen in cartoons, comics, science fiction, allegorical novels, Gothic films, commercials and video games like Solatorobo: Red the hunter and Sly Cooper.

Because gender is often considered to children, there is a considerable lack of furry entertainment specifically created to adult audiences.

Most adults furry fans of the genre is particularly dedicated to filling the lack of such products through fan creativity.

Those created by furry fans in Internet content and
The genre is considered so versatile that it can be extended to any creative way, from things as simple as a recipe book with anthropomorphic illustrations to such complex technical creations as interactive furry characters to the computer desktop.

Other forms of furry crafts include creating fursuits and flash animation.

But by far, what more is generated in the furry fandom is artwork.

My opinion:

Well, I've always admired this type of people, especially by the drawings and because some have come down to television, it is interesting to see how gather at their conventions, many furries appear in them. If I could say something about this community is that it is full of funny people, have had very good experiences with its members, even I get along with some of them. But if there is a part that I liked the furry have been the game Solatorobo, that game, I did not manage to complete it, but is very good in my opinion and very funny, judging by the videos that I've seen of the game.

And you? tell us a little about yourself and your experience with this community

My project:

mechamind
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Re: The Furry Community

Postby mechamind » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:06 pm

I don't keep in touch with any themed sites/forums, but I also like the furry community.
Enjl wrote:
The Thwomp King wrote: Should I be offended or proud? XD hahaha
oh my god did you just ping everyone again
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 48&t=13185

Mechamind is on YouTube! - mechamind90 (or my alternate channel)
Setting up elsewhere too - http://www.mechamind.com (plus my forum)

The upper echelon of pixel art? (If you didn't know, I like these games too.)
Click for My DX-Ball 2 playlist or My Rival Ball playlist

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:50 pm

Just leaving this here. I want to hear people's opinions about this video
Last edited by silent_ on Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
previously known as Kep

AeroMatter
Palom
Palom
Flair: Tamer of Boomers
Chat Username: luigi

Postby AeroMatter » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:13 pm

Furries are degenerates and will aid in the downfall of western civilization. The "art," and their demeanor is a signal of the decline and the erosion of culture/values and replacing it with delusions of acceptance and dignity.
As long as one man goes hungry nobody should eat until everyone is full.

XerX
Birdo
Birdo

Postby XerX » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:49 pm

hi im a furry

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:33 pm

Well, you know, screw labels. Generalizing sucks. And when I'm reading The Malazan Book of the Fallen and a badass talking raven appears, I don't yell "ohgodfurries" and throw the book at the nearest ferrethead. I'm not specifically against playing a videogame like Dust: An Elysian Tale. Either in moderation or no, some of the stuff that can be haphazardly labelled "furry" is genuinely good. I think that goes for the people in that community as well.
I think anthropomorphic non-human characters can be cool, but I have no specific fascination.

The thing is...
I have a weird thing about me where I really like vibrant colours. I wouldn't call it an obsession it's just something I specifically find appealing and I am always drawn to it in art. I chalk it up to growing up with Nintendo and watching Power Rangers on television and things like that. I see a woman wearing a nice deep blue, and this is doubly attractive to my eyes, but not my sex. Do I have a sexual interest in the colour blue? No. Do I specifically want to have sex with ... blue women? No. That's the part I just admittedly can't understand. That's the closest I come to relating to that specific part of the subculture. People also do other abnormal things in their own private lives; it's not up to me. I know there are people who share related stuff on the internet and I see it from time to time but I have no specific reaction to it. I mostly just ignore it.

PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby PopYoshi » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:38 pm

AeroMatter wrote:Furries are degenerates and will aid in the downfall of western civilization. The "art," and their demeanor is a signal of the decline and the erosion of culture/values and replacing it with delusions of acceptance and dignity.
I understand that, but you're referring to the furry fandom, not all the furry general, remember that not all the furries are of these way. There is a difference between fandom and the anthro

There are also furries who are in this community for fun. I have seen those furries, mostly, do not act the same way than the furries of what you are talking about, many of this type make comics with the intention to make someone laugh, believe me, I've noticed (is one of the characteristic of this type, but not they all have it)

My project:

AeroMatter
Palom
Palom
Flair: Tamer of Boomers
Chat Username: luigi

Postby AeroMatter » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:12 pm

I was referring to all furries.
As long as one man goes hungry nobody should eat until everyone is full.

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:16 pm

PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby PopYoshi » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:36 pm

AeroMatter wrote:I was referring to all furries.
But sometimes one expresses his opinion with regarding the furry, say they are referring to all the furry in general, but they are actually talking about the fandom inadvertently (in your post only spoke of fandom and art)

Anyway I respect it, it is your opinion and I can not change it, moreover, it is good to see an intelligent opinion because the vast majority only says "blah blah, they are zoophilic, blah blah, they only draw erotic things". It is good to see these opinions as yours

My project:

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:54 pm

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:Furries are degenerates and will aid in the downfall of western civilization. The "art," and their demeanor is a signal of the decline and the erosion of culture/values and replacing it with delusions of acceptance and dignity.
I understand that, but you're referring to the furry fandom, not all the furry general, remember that not all the furries are of these way. There is a difference between fandom and the anthro

There are also furries who are in this community for fun. I have seen those furries, mostly, do not act the same way than the furries of what you are talking about, many of this type make comics with the intention to make someone laugh, believe me, I've noticed (is one of the characteristic of this type, but not they all have it)
i'm pretty sure the guy's being sarcastic based on the wording

though admittedly i'm not 100% on that
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Nien » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:28 am

there's the fine kind of furries who contribute a lot for various communities

https://twitter.com/TysonTanX

then there's this

in my case, i really do like furry shanenigans (depraved or not), but im staying away from that fursona/fursuit/barking at teachers/anything that affects my irl interactions.

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:23 am

I'm going to go ahead and call that a troll post. It's just too unbelievable.

I still haven't played Freedom Planet but it looks like a good time.

Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Nien » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:05 pm

Magician wrote:I'm going to go ahead and call that a troll post. It's just too unbelievable.

I still haven't played Freedom Planet but it looks like a good time.
I've seen some people that can manage to act in a similar manner, furry or not. It might be a troll post but idk, it feels too "well constructed" to be a troll post.

also yeah freedom planet's nice

Return to “Sandbox”