European Union

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

What do you want for the European Union?

I want it to collapse.
11%
I think it should stay as a political and economic alliance with sovereign states
68%
In my opinion, it should become a federation sometime in the future
21%

Total votes: 19
ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: ShadowStarX

European Union

Postby ShadowStarX » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:32 pm

So well, considering I haven't noticed any thread such like this, I've decided to make one.

Discuss anything related to the European Union, let it be new laws, your opinions.

And well, to start off with, I'm going to have a question right from the-geto

Should the European Union be dismantled, stay as an economic alliance or become a federation such as the USA?
My own opinion: well even though the European Union has been given some harsh critizism lately (I can see why though, its peak was probably in 2016 when the migration crisis became a relevant issue and when the Brexit was decided), I personally think that we should smoothly try to transition towards a federal Europe due to the upcoming challenges we'll have to face and we also have to keep ourselves on par with the United States, Russia and China, considering those three having a much higher influence than Germany, France, Italy or the United Kingdom doesn't really help us in self-sustaining and so on.

However, I'm not saying that we should become a federation as soon as possible because that will NOT end up well. (by quickly I mean the span of 4 or 5 years or so) At first I think we should expand the array of member states with making countries such as Serbia join. The transition must stay smooth and it should also be ekpt democratic since we don't want to have something like the Soviet Union was.

And there is also a poll about whether you want the EU to collapse, you want it to stay as an alliance or you want it to become federal.
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Joey, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle Derp, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"I know who designed Camacho's level" - bossedit8, 2016
"Waddle Derp is a great minigame" - bossedit8, 2016
"Technically I'm not a voice memer" - bossedit8, 2016

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Re: European Union

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:37 pm

Too bad brexit had to happen (i don't 100% understand it though i know some details). Especially to my own country :(
I also think it should become a federation - this would allow it to be controlled by one major government while still allowing each state to have it's own laws etc. (maybe if it was a federation, brexit wouldn't have happened?)
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:41 pm

dismantling the EU would be the first step into another doom because humanity is not smart enough to learn ... if you go the step towards exclusion and nationalism, the step to war and destruction is not very large

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg

Postby ShadowStarX » Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:49 pm

Taycamgame wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:37 pm
Too bad brexit had to happen (i don't 100% understand it though i know some details). Especially to my own country :(
I also think it should become a federation - this would allow it to be controlled by one major government while still allowing each state to have it's own laws etc. (maybe if it was a federation, brexit wouldn't have happened?)
Having Europe as a federation wouldn't necessarily prevent Brexit from happening, since, to my knowledge at least, so I might be mistaken, any US state could vote to leave the USA if they really wanted to but don't take that for granted.

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7

Postby Eri7 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:28 pm

So do you mean a federation like the USA? This will take a lot of work to do and i am sure some countries will refuse that. It will be interesting for Europe to be a federation but who will be in charge of the government? I won't trust politicians from East Europe being in charge of the government and i am also not sure if Angela Merkel would not do something stupid like creating a second refugge crisis.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:46 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:28 pm
I won't trust politicians from East Europe being in charge of the government and i am also not sure if Angela Merkel would not do something stupid like creating a second refugge crisis.
The migrant crisis back in 2015 was not caused by Europe or European politicians. It was caused mainly by civil wars in the middle east and the high numbers of people who were living there trying to flee from said wars and trying to find a better place to live. It is really more of an issue of how the situation was handled, which could have been done better imo. Countries can't control whether or not people want to move in, but they can control how they handle the situation, which most countries seem to be shit at right now.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg

Postby ShadowStarX » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:49 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:28 pm
So do you mean a federation like the USA? This will take a lot of work to do and i am sure some countries will refuse that. It will be interesting for Europe to be a federation but who will be in charge of the government? I won't trust politicians from East Europe being in charge of the government and i am also not sure if Angela Merkel would not do something stupid like creating a second refugge crisis.
A federal Europe (well, "USE") is not something that will (nor should) happen in the near future considering we've got more important issues. (such as the rise of nationalism) Also most Eastern European countries have a rather low population compared to Germany or France. Poland and Romania are kinda but Eastern European countries don't really aim for being a leading force in the EU, that's usually done by Belgium, France, Germany and the Netherlands)

The biggest obstacle of a federal Europe is most likely the language barrier, since it'd be quite a shame if everybody was forced to speak German, French or English in the entire union, so we'd probably have to settle down that the states would speak a different language)

But yeah a federal Europe similar to the USA is what I meant, excluding the universal official language.

AeroMatter
Palom
Palom
Chat Username: aero

Postby AeroMatter » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:13 pm

I don't believe any supranational entity should have an army, currency, nor executive enforcement of laws ratified by unelected persons or committees. Basically a United States of Europe would not be the same as The United States of America, because it'd be a worse and arguably less democratic organization of power.

/twocents
As long as one man goes hungry nobody should eat until everyone is full.

Thehelmetguy1
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: Embrance the dorkness
Current Project: Storming Area 51
Chat Username: Thg1

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:41 pm

I personally don't know if you can make it a federation given the current circunstances. However, the EU is certainly a good thing. If you ask me, it should continue existing, but I don't think making it a federation would work out(At least as of now). As for the future, chances are that it will go through hard times. That is, if it manages to survive this wave of neo-nationalism that is going on in the world.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature
Read the worst webcomic on the forums!
My greatest forum achievement:

Quantumenace
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Quantumenace » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:56 pm

How many of you have even heard of Article 13 of the EU Copyright Directive? In essence it's an attempt to force Youtube's ridiculous content ID system on every content platform on the entire internet.

Thehelmetguy1
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: Embrance the dorkness
Current Project: Storming Area 51
Chat Username: Thg1

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:02 pm

Quantumenace wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:56 pm
How many of you have even heard of Article 13 of the EU Copyright Directive? In essence it's an attempt to force Youtube's ridiculous content ID system on every content platform on the entire internet.
Plot twist: The UK, in fact, left because they found out that the EU would ban memes
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature
Read the worst webcomic on the forums!
My greatest forum achievement:

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:33 pm

well, guess what's back...
https://savetheinternet.info/demos

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

And Here's The Proof

My Level Thread

viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16338

Join My Discord Server below!

https://discord.gg/2pHMZg4

My Projects

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show
[/center]

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg

Postby ShadowStarX » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:31 pm

Keep this in mind for the elections in May!

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg

Postby ShadowStarX » Mon May 27, 2019 10:03 am

The EP elections are over, and it seems that EPP and S&D lost seats but the ALDE group gained some, thus they'll be able to maintain their majority.
A few shifts might happen among parties, such as Hungary's Fidesz moving to one of the right-wing groups.
Ultranationalists and eurosceptic populists are stronger but are far from becoming a majority and the EPP (center-right) is not looking forward to a coalition with them.

There was also a huge Green wave, especially in Germany, where they overtook the Social Democrats.

The governing parties are most likely staying the same or if not, the only change will probably be the addition of the Greens/EFA/Pirates group, as GUE-NGL disagrees a lot with ALDE and EPP and right-wing parties are out of the question in a coalition.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Mon May 27, 2019 10:13 am

Green was voted most by young people and intellectuals. They were the strongest by a LANDSLIDE among first-time voters (such as myself :P)

AfD was voted most by old men, low-educated, and Easterners.

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Mon May 27, 2019 10:36 am

The Brexit party won in the UK, and Lib Dems came second.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Return to “Sandbox”