Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Off-topic discussion.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

I have made monsters out of everyone. Should this be locked?

Poll ended at Mon May 18, 2015 10:48 pm

Yes
24%
No
76%

Total votes: 17
Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Free Speech Topic

Postby Knux » Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:40 am

Super Circuit grew on me after getting used to the controls. Even the first SMK is decent. I get that MK64 was the first true 3D mario kart game and is undeniably important, but it's aged poorly.

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:02 pm

Prepare to be pissed!

I think the best Joker in any of the Batman movies and cartoons and comics is the Joker from the Dark Knight Trilogy!

GforGoomba
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Postby GforGoomba » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:06 pm

Why do people hate Emoji movie just because of Microsoft's propaganda? Microsoft probably hacked Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes just to give it a bad rating. Sony, do yourself a favor and please come to peace with Microsoft. And while you're at it, why don't you make peace with Nintendo, too?
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:33 pm

Why would Microsoft be responsible for the hate towards the emoji movie?
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

GforGoomba
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby GforGoomba » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:37 pm

Electriking wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:33 pm
Why would Microsoft be responsible for the hate towards the emoji movie?
Xbox and Playstation are in a war, with PS winning. Xbox did what they can to win.
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:43 pm

The emoji movie has like nothing to do woth games consoles.

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:06 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:02 pm
Prepare to be pissed!

I think the best Joker in any of the Batman movies and cartoons and comics is the Joker from the Dark Knight Trilogy!
He is a good Joker, but Mark Hamill is also a great joker.
GforGoomba wrote: Why do people hate Emoji movie just because of Microsoft's propaganda? Microsoft probably hacked Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes just to give it a bad rating. Sony, do yourself a favor and please come to peace with Microsoft. And while you're at it, why don't you make peace with Nintendo, too?
I don't see what this has to do with the Emoji Movie, let alone, the movie was kinda a failure, even though it isn't the worst.

GforGoomba
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby GforGoomba » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:12 pm

Electriking wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:43 pm
Playstation was made by Sony. Emoji Movie was made by Sony. Xbox was made by Microsoft. If Xbox and PS are in a war, so is Sony and Microsoft themselves.

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:20 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:12 pm
Electriking wrote:
Playstation was made by Sony. Emoji Movie was made by Sony. Xbox was made by Microsoft. If Xbox and PS are in a war, so is Sony and Microsoft themselves.
Wait hold the fact that Sony has multiple divisions, I don't think it's gaming division has any part of this, especially when considering that the movie was made by the Movie division of Sony, Sony Pictures, and I'm pretty sure Microsoft wouldn't waste their time, trying to downplay one of Sony's movies rather than trying to work on the problems that are surrounding their company and sales.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:37 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:12 pm
Electriking wrote:
I don't think attacking a movie would cause a reduction of the company's console sales and boost your own company's console sales. Pretty sure people think the movie is trash because they think it is trash, not because rival companies are trying to sell more of their consoles.

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Knux » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:07 pm

The Emoji Movie has a low score because it was poorly received. No hacking was involved although I think the initial comment had a tint of sarcasm to it.

User199X
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Chat Username: User199X

Postby User199X » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:13 pm

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:25 pm
You forgot to mention Mario Kart 64 (bury me I don't care)

Why no one notices Double Dash? I think it's the most underrated Mario Kart
Also I think Megaman ZX and ZXA are from the bests Megaman games I've played
MK64 is part of my list (*cough*rubberbanding*cough*), but I've simply chose not to mention it.

I agree on Double Dash too. People just remember it for Baby Park and "Hi I'm Daisy", but I remember everything from it. So underrated.
And I personally never played the Megaman ZX series, so I can't have an opinion about them.
MarioRPGExpert93 wrote: Prepare to be pissed!

That's no opinion, but a fact lol
Enjl wrote: I mean of course people get angry when someone hops along who wasn't there when OoT revolutionised the Zelda franchise into what it is today, saying that they "hate the game" when it's inarguable that it's a milestone in gaming history. The comment "I hate this game" is very unspecific and could refer to both dislike towards gamplay as well as history of a game. It's really on the person saying that to be more specific. As for the Undertale thing, I think that can be completely attributed to zeitgeist and a passionate Zelda fanbase. Undertale wouldn't win such a contest in 2018. It practically just came out when the contest happened, so it's fresh on everyone's mind. A certain bias there is inevitable, and getting angry about that makes sense if you ask me, regardless of which important game the fresh release surpassed.
All of this. Glad to know there's someone who understands what I said.

GforGoomba
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby GforGoomba » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:15 pm

User199X wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:13 pm
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:25 pm
You forgot to mention Mario Kart 64 (bury me I don't care)

Why no one notices Double Dash? I think it's the most underrated Mario Kart
Also I think Megaman ZX and ZXA are from the bests Megaman games I've played
MK64 is part of my list (*cough*rubberbanding*cough*), but I've simply chose not to mention it.

I agree on Double Dash too. People just remember it for Baby Park and "Hi I'm Daisy", but I remember everything from it. So underrated.
And I personally never played the Megaman ZX series, so I can't have an opinion about them.
MarioRPGExpert93 wrote: Prepare to be pissed!

Enjl wrote: I mean of course people get angry when someone hops along who wasn't there when OoT revolutionised the Zelda franchise into what it is today, saying that they "hate the game" when it's inarguable that it's a milestone in gaming history. The comment "I hate this game" is very unspecific and could refer to both dislike towards gamplay as well as history of a game. It's really on the person saying that to be more specific. As for the Undertale thing, I think that can be completely attributed to zeitgeist and a passionate Zelda fanbase. Undertale wouldn't win such a contest in 2018. It practically just came out when the contest happened, so it's fresh on everyone's mind. A certain bias there is inevitable, and getting angry about that makes sense if you ask me, regardless of which important game the fresh release surpassed.
All of this. Glad to know there's someone who understands what I said.
It is an opinion.

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:37 pm

User199X wrote:
I like it when someone who knows little about DC or a comic book franchise, says something is fact, when it is not.

TheLoafLord
Ninji
Ninji

Postby TheLoafLord » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:07 pm

Westretroman wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:37 pm
User199X wrote:
I like it when someone who knows little about DC or a comic book franchise, says something is fact, when it is not.
Hey hey, we're all friends down here. Let's, er, respect opinions, I guess.

Anyways, I like the Joker from the original Batman (Tim Burton one.).

GforGoomba
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby GforGoomba » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:00 pm

TheLoafLord wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:07 pm
Westretroman wrote:
User199X wrote:

I dont have a favorite villain CAUSE THEYRE ALL BAD!

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: things
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Postby WildWEEGEE » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:31 pm

GforGoomba wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:00 pm
TheLoafLord wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:07 pm
Westretroman wrote:

I dont have a favorite villain CAUSE THEYRE ALL BAD!
Pun intended?
I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
Looking back at every one of my posts, I cringe, hard, very hard.

SE40
Bit
Bit
Flair: es-eee-fourty
Current Project: 0_Night
Chat Username: SE40#6272

Postby SE40 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:07 am

Gen I Pokémon would not be nearly as memorable if they weren't Gen I Pokémon. I mean how many of us would really remember Porygon, Jynx or Pinsir if they weren't in the original 151?
P.k.a. Dex

Join my NEW discord server: https://discord.gg/yxxEnh8

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:56 am

I forget about Seaking all the time but remember Stantler every day. Your point?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Postby PopYoshi » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:21 pm

Dex wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:07 am
Gen I Pokémon would not be nearly as memorable if they weren't Gen I Pokémon. I mean how many of us would really remember Porygon, Jynx or Pinsir if they weren't in the original 151?
True story. Let's be realistic here, if gamefreak had used the pokemon of generation 7 in the first generation and those of the first generation in generation 7, the seventh generation would be the hated because either they are very simple or they are ugly, which means pokemon like Jynx, Dugtrio or even Pikachu himself would be hated

You know nostalfags and fanboys are hard to understand

Nostalgia is the main factor to make something successful

My project:

Return to “Sandbox”