3/3 Nintendo Direct

This is the place for video games!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Re: 3/3 Nintendo Direct

Postby silent_ » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:09 pm

The new paper mario looks like fucking ass.

For fuck's sake I just want a new good paper mario game. Or just a new good mario game in general =(

overall I didn't care about anything in the direct.
previously known as Kep

Thundaga_T2
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Thundaga_T2 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:31 pm

The Paper Mario game looking like Sticker Star may not inherently be a bad thing. I didnt mind the stickers concept much. As long as the game has experience and leveling up so there's actually a point to fighting battles, and the bosses arent almost impossible without specific items. And if it has a good story, then it can at least stand up as better than Sticker Star in the least. It wont be as good as the first two, but if it has the right stuff it can still be good. Dont let the Sticker Star vibe automatically tell you the game will be bad.

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:45 pm

I need to get a 3DS just so I can play Kirby.

also the Mario Maker stuff looks pretty cool too.

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Magician » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:46 am

Star Fox Zero: They can't really do anything more to entice me into buying it; I've already been sold on it over a year.

Paper Mario Color Splash: I'm a bit more open-minded to it than the rest of you. I like that it's a home console Paper Mario, and it looks pretty. It'll take more than I've seen to sell me for sure. I completely skipped Sticker Star so even if this is just Sticker Star's Wii U counterpart I could still be tempted to try it. If I'd played Sticker Star and expected more of the same from Color Splash I'd probably be more disappointed.

SNES Virtual Console titles: I already have some of these on Wii U (including their original cartridge forms) and I would expect not to have to pay any more to port Wii U to 3DS than to port Wii to Wii U. I'm hoping they'll change that.

Fire Emblem Fates: I missed out on the special edition, not even knowing it was limited. I don't even understand why it would be limited. I really just wanted a physical copy of as much of the game's content as possible. I guess getting a plain copy isn't happening.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Postby Snessy the duck » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:21 pm

ShyGuyOfMoonside wrote:And of course only the New 3DS gets SNES games on its Virtual Console...

Seriously, how hard is it? On the original 3DS, we have the perfect set of buttons, and if it can do 3D, why not 16-bit?
I actually kinda liked the NEW3DS exclusive concept! It actually gives you one more reason to buy the system rather than sticking to the standard 3DS!

Yeah i actually think its kinda lame

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

Garro
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Garro » Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:08 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:
ShyGuyOfMoonside wrote:And of course only the New 3DS gets SNES games on its Virtual Console...

Seriously, how hard is it? On the original 3DS, we have the perfect set of buttons, and if it can do 3D, why not 16-bit?
I actually kinda liked the NEW3DS exclusive concept! It actually gives you one more reason to buy the system rather than sticking to the standard 3DS!

Yeah i actually think its kinda lame
It sucks considering there's blargSNES emulator for Nintendo 3DS that runs SNES games flawlessly in o3DS (Exception would be those games with special chips).
Circle Guy wrote:They probably added super expert to super mario maker to filter all of those spam levels with a ton of bowsers. Yay!
Super Expert exist since Mario Bookmark page was released, the only difference is that now they have their own Mario 100 Challenge, you will still find the same kind of levels in Expert mode.

Return to “Video Games”