Undertale

This is the place for video games!
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Chip Potato
Eerie
Eerie

Re: Undertale

Postby Chip Potato » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:00 pm

Nien wrote:Wow! I can't waste 10 dollars on probably one of the best masterpieces arround, i need to save up for the greatest rpg in the making, FNAF world!
that doesn't really work as an insult because fnaf world will probably actually be better than this game
Projects I'm supporting:
Spoiler: show
Enjl wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:The deadline is tomorrow everyone! Make sure your level is finished, completable, there are no glitches, and it ends with a star!Thats the key to a good score!

qig
Eerie
Eerie
Current Project: SMBX FORUM THE RPG (ahahaahhahaha)

Postby qig » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:08 pm

Chip Potato wrote:
Nien wrote:Wow! I can't waste 10 dollars on probably one of the best masterpieces arround, i need to save up for the greatest rpg in the making, FNAF world!
that doesn't really work as an insult because fnaf world will probably actually be better than this game
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/five- ... -freddys-4
http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/undertale

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:20 pm

Whoa whoa whoa, can we calm down a little here? Everybody is getting way too upset about this, on all sides.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:22 pm

This argument needs to end now. If you guys are going to debate on the matter civilly, then by all means post on the thread. But if all it's going to be is a flaming fest, then it needs to go to PM.

Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Nien » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:45 am

I'm, like, SO hyped for the destruction of humanity!

Chip Potato
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Chip Potato » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:34 am

okay i just had to point this out
that first link is fnaf 4, not fnaf world. :v
Projects I'm supporting:
Enjl wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:The deadline is tomorrow everyone! Make sure your level is finished, completable, there are no glitches, and it ends with a star!Thats the key to a good score!

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:29 am

omg this thread is like an unironical circlejerk

But yeah, I don't actually know much of this game and RPGs normally aren't my type of game, but I'm gonna check it out once I've gotten everything out of the games I currently own. If I am going to buy it, I do wanna go into it spoiler-free though.
im a girl yo

qig
Eerie
Eerie
Current Project: SMBX FORUM THE RPG (ahahaahhahaha)

Postby qig » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:33 am

Nien wrote:I'm, like, SO hyped for the destruction of humanity!
It's a beautiful day outside.
Birds are singing, flowers are blooming...
On days like these, kids like you...
Should burn in hell.

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Pizza
Current Project: None as of now.

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:31 pm

qig wrote:
Should burn in hell.

What a BONE chilling quote ;)

ragont
Grinder
Grinder

Postby ragont » Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:56 pm

qig wrote:

should be burning in hell.
Fixed

Pseudo
Peach
Peach
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:15 pm

OK, can we get back on topic here folks? Any more discussion of this argument/flaming in the thread won't be tolerated.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

YellowMe
Bit
Bit
Current Project: n/A

Postby YellowMe » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:40 pm

The idea is creative, but... RPG's aren't really my thing and the bullet hell part is not to my preference. I'm happy with what I've already got.
Don't mind me I'm just furry trash.

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:28 pm

qig wrote:Game of the fucking year. Fuck your splatoons, mario makers, metal gear solids or whatever bull crap you paid 60$ for. This 10$ indie game made by one dude is better then all of them.
Why Would you compare a RPG to A shooter, And A platformer? It just doesn't make sense.
And Undertale is not better than Mario maker. Because With Mario Maker, The Possibilities are
endless.
EDIT:
Forgot anything i said.
Last edited by Mosaic on Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:29 pm

SuperMario12345 wrote:
qig wrote:Game of the fucking year. Fuck your splatoons, mario makers, metal gear solids or whatever bull crap you paid 60$ for. This 10$ indie game made by one dude is better then all of them.
Why Would you compare a RPG to A shooter, And A platformer? It just doesn't make sense.
And Undertale is not better than Mario maker. Because With Mario Maker, The Possibilities are
endless.
Yes, there's endless ways to play bad levels
im a girl yo

Mosaic
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Mosaic Adventures and Other Secret Projects?
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby Mosaic » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:32 pm

Spinda wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:
endless.
Yes, there's endless ways to play bad levels
Yeah, people should use mario maker for more than just hard levels, like make levels that
are actually for fun.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
And Here's The Proof
My Rainbow Of Levels
Mosaic's Museum(My Discord)

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.
Witchking wrote:Approved!

Discord Quotes: show

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:39 pm

SuperMario12345 wrote:Why Would you compare a RPG to A shooter, And A platformer? It just doesn't make sense.
endless.
qig was joking.

Also unless you're comparing the two, let's keep SMM discussion in the SMM thread please.

Axiom
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: learning C through PSP game programming

Postby Axiom » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:27 pm

Chip Potato wrote:This game looks awful. Why would I even consider paying ten dollars for this? From my perspective it looks like a bunch of memes crammed into some sort of half-baked hybrid of shmup and RPG.
what
Earthbound is along the same lines. If you praise Earthbound for taking the piss out of serious RPG games but dock this game for doing the same, then you are hypocrate hate to say.

Anyway I just started watching Joel's stream of it. So far, I really like it. I feel like there's some inconsistencies with naming (some things in caps, some things aren't.) but aside from that I'm enjoying it..and it's tugging at my heart strings. Sadly, I'm broke so I won't be buying this any time soon. May go down pretty big like Cave Story for all we know...

Chip Potato
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Chip Potato » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:37 pm

Axiom wrote:Earthbound is along the same lines. If you praise Earthbound for taking the piss out of serious RPG games but dock this game for doing the same, then you are hypocrate hate to say.
When in the hell did I ever say anything about Earthbound? I've never even so much as referenced it, if I recall correctly. And that's not even why I don't like it? I love non-serious RPGs that mess with usually-serious sorts of storylines.

It's just that after watching a part of a longplay for it, it looks like it's trying to be way too many things at once. It starts out as a surreal horror-esque experience, then it goes into a cutesy "bird leaving the nest" mini arc with a goat mom person, then it's dealing with two skeletons who are basically every bumbling minion duo in everything from the 90's ("one is a genius, the other's insane"), and there are also bipedal dogs for some reason. That's around where I stopped because I just could not take it.

Like I don't hate it as much as I used to before I watched some stuff about it, but it's so all-over-the-place I can't appreciate it for what it is. Plus, it doesn't really feel... new. Not because of the retraux graphics, but it just feels like I've seen most of the stuff from this game before, and all that was done with it was changing it up just a smidge.

The crappy puns Sans told while talking to Papyrus were the height of this game's comedy. The battle system is run-of-the-mill timed hits with a shmup glued onto it. Most of the character design is atrocious, and looked like it took a minute to come up with. The music ranges from mediocre to ear-gratingly annoying. Some of the dialogue looks like it was copy-pasted from tumblr shitposts.

All in all, I'm not impressed.
Projects I'm supporting:
Enjl wrote:

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Pizza
Current Project: None as of now.

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:52 pm

Axiom wrote:
Chip Potato wrote:This game looks awful. Why would I even consider paying ten dollars for this? From my perspective it looks like a bunch of memes crammed into some sort of half-baked hybrid of shmup and RPG.
what
Earthbound is along the same lines. If you praise Earthbound for taking the piss out of serious RPG games but dock this game for doing the same, then you are hypocrate hate to say.

Anyway I just started watching Joel's stream of it. So far, I really like it. I feel like there's some inconsistencies with naming (some things in caps, some things aren't.) but aside from that I'm enjoying it..and it's tugging at my heart strings. Sadly, I'm broke so I won't be buying this any time soon. May go down pretty big like Cave Story for all we know...

Here's the funny thing, the things in caps have a hidden reason why they're in caps, and i think only one ending reveals that (i'm talking about LOVE, EXP, and the other caps thing)

Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Nien » Sun Sep 27, 2015 2:47 pm

Darkonius Mavakar wrote:Here's the funny thing, the things in caps have a hidden reason why they're in caps, and i think only one ending reveals that (i'm talking about LOVE, EXP, and the other caps thing)
All of the endings reffer to that, actually.
Chip Potato wrote:
Axiom wrote:Earthbound is along the same lines. If you praise Earthbound for taking the piss out of serious RPG games but dock this game for doing the same, then you are hypocrate hate to say.
When in the hell did I ever say anything about Earthbound? I've never even so much as referenced it, if I recall correctly. And that's not even why I don't like it? I love non-serious RPGs that mess with usually-serious sorts of storylines.

It's just that after watching a part of a longplay for it, it looks like it's trying to be way too many things at once. It starts out as a surreal horror-esque experience, then it goes into a cutesy "bird leaving the nest" mini arc with a goat mom person, then it's dealing with two skeletons who are basically every bumbling minion duo in everything from the 90's ("one is a genius, the other's insane"), and there are also bipedal dogs for some reason. That's around where I stopped because I just could not take it.

Like I don't hate it as much as I used to before I watched some stuff about it, but it's so all-over-the-place I can't appreciate it for what it is. Plus, it doesn't really feel... new. Not because of the retraux graphics, but it just feels like I've seen most of the stuff from this game before, and all that was done with it was changing it up just a smidge.

The crappy puns Sans told while talking to Papyrus were the height of this game's comedy. The battle system is run-of-the-mill timed hits with a shmup glued onto it. Most of the character design is atrocious, and looked like it took a minute to come up with. The music ranges from mediocre to ear-gratingly annoying. Some of the dialogue looks like it was copy-pasted from tumblr shitposts.

All in all, I'm not impressed.
The game IS pretty charming for the most part

if you go for the true pacifist/default path

it's a whole different game if you take the genocide path though, which i didn't have the balls to do after finishing the game on true pacifist (because i'm not a fucking monster).

You would really have to play the game for yourself to experience all the emotions and descisions the game throws at you, not to mention the surprising shit that happens by the end of the game.

And i don't know, i can't manage to find this eargrittingly annoying
Halfway through this post i came to realize that you're just baiting.

Return to “Video Games”