Tribal Moonlight Transition (First Place)

For the levels that stand out among the rest.
Shinbison-Kof
Lakitu
Lakitu

Tribal Moonlight Transition (First Place)

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:57 pm

This is my contest 9 level, I got the first place, I'm very happy!
But IMO, in the contest have incredibles levels, and they deserve win the contest.
Thanks all judges!
I wanted to surprise, but... XD

Screens (This show all first section, Click with right button, and see the screen in the new tab)
Spoiler: show
Download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/othvwn2u4u5t7 ... n.rar?dl=0

Reviews
1. Shinbison-Kof - Tribal Moonlight Transition - 9.57/10
  • Bomber57 (9.75/10)
    • Wow. This level was just amazing. The various tilesets mixed well and had calm colors pleasing to the eye. I was impressed by the gimmicks of the three question block colors, even though the vegetable blocks were essentially useless. I loved the theme of the water and poison switching, and the purple ground and other environmental features being harmful. The level was beautiful, and the gimmicks and gameplay worked out almost flawlessly. Impressive work!
    Chad (10/10)
    • This level is absolutely stunning! There are so many different gimmicks in this one, and they all have brilliant execution. The timed poison is splendidly indicated and gives the player a great amount of time to work with, the poisoned grass that you can erase with a switch is an interesting little visual, and I like how parts of the level will change as you get near them. They make the level feel alive with parts that automatically transform a little bit. The tree sections are expertly made, too. The switches are cleverly used to make room for the vine, revealing a door by clearing away poisonous water is neat, and the springboard generator is a pretty unique application. I especially enjoyed the downward propeller section, as it is very carefully built. The Munchers are placed in a fairly difficult fashion, but every move the player needs to make is very clearly indicated with coin trails while still requiring the skills to pull it off. There's a unique variety of switches, and on top of everything else, the level is brimming with detail and complex design. Everything felt good about it, both playing and looking at it, and the level offers a complete experience that isn't lacking in any regard that I can see. Nothing felt unfair or excessive. Well done!
    Quill (8.5/10)
    • Dude, this is an amazing level. There is so much creativity here. The atmosphere is nailed perfectly and I loved how the overworld and caverns below are linked in one section, that's a really neat idea. The gimmick with the poison has been used before, but it's still used effectively for the most part here. I didn't like how going close to the poison would sometimes make it turn into normal water. The reason behind this is that in the first section, I went down a pipe and found a path covered by poison and assumed I had to do something else to remove the poison. I spent a good amount of time searching for a way until I went back and saw that going close to the poison opened the path. That was a little annoying. Overall though, great job!
    TNTtimelord (10/10)
    • Damn, whoever made this level knows how to make a level.
      This level looked absolutely gorgeous. The scenery, the tileset, the NPCs blended together flawlessly. The gimmicks and the flashy events were all flawlessly done. The two tilesets blended together VERY well and all the tileset mixing shows you know how to deal with graphics as well. Coins, items, all done perfectly as well! I would say though, the purple water that would turn blue only if you jumped into it was a rather cheap move, but that was made up very well with the section introducing it back and forth. I really wish the temple also would have been continued, but I have no problem seeing what I did, because that still looked amazing.
      Overall, I was astounded at this level.
    zlakerboy357 (9.6/10)
    • What an amazing level! The poison and water gimmick in this level is cool and novel! I loved how you did other stuff as well such as the SMW Blocks and the tileset itself. The level looked magical as well due of how amazing the tileset, BGOs and the BG was. Most of the GFXs was darken except for the fireballs which I really feel it should've been. The level's start is a bit messy to be honest since I was a bit confused what path I was suppose to go, otherwise I loved the level. Great job!
      Guess: Sux
I hope enjoy! :)
Last edited by Shinbison-Kof on Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Superiorstar
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: Maybe a level for a change
Chat Username: ♧◇Superiorstar♡♤8812

Re: Tribal Moonlight Transition (First Place)

Postby Superiorstar » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:02 pm

*Looks inside spoiler

*Has a seizure
Totally playing this when I get back from my party.
ImageImage

One day, we will paint with our minds.
it's been a minute since I've cared about this place, I'll have to do some catching up
If there is a 999 limit on characters, what's the limit on images?

Sux
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Nova Era

Postby Sux » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:03 pm

I know than you are surprise, because you don't make it to win...
But congratulations brother, you deserve or no
First brazilian win a official contest.
And you know, than I liked a lot of the gimmicks, only the poison water is a bit chaotic, but...good work

Chip Potato
Eerie
Eerie

Postby Chip Potato » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:46 pm

Holy crap, those cave-to-overworld tile transitions. That is computer witchcraft of the finest kind, that's what that is. I'm honestly intrigued to play this level.
Projects I'm supporting:
Enjl wrote:
SuperMario12345 wrote:The deadline is tomorrow everyone! Make sure your level is finished, completable, there are no glitches, and it ends with a star!Thats the key to a good score!

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:54 am

Holy cow.
This is AWESOME.

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Pizza
Current Project: None as of now.

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:19 am

This definitely deserved 1st place, good job.

Lx Xzit
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Lx Xzit » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:46 am

Oh no! my eyes! had never seen anything so beautiful !, you really deserve the first place, was eager to play this level, now is the time. (:

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: The Twilight Star

Postby Kyo » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:43 pm

Marry me.

This really has DarkYoshi style.

Aristo
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: Martyr of SMBXdom
Chat Username: Aristo

Postby Aristo » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:02 pm

Omg I love the transitions between the tileset, this looks amazing, can't wait to play it. But I'm gonna save it for ToB8 so I have a motivation to play through all of it :P
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:04 pm

This was clearly the best level submitted in the contest. Not really suprised that you won.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

Shinbison-Kof
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:12 pm

Thanks guys, I'm very happy with the great comments and you enjoyed my level. :D
IMO in the contest have incredibles levels and they deserve wins.
---------------------------------------------------
@Kyo : I was sad because DarkYoshi disappeared suddenly, he's my favorite level design.

icez
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Super Mario:The Rise of Darknesss

Postby icez » Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:20 pm

Excellent Level heres my Playthrough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZOzikY ... ji&index=1

Shinbison-Kof
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:27 am

@Icez: Thanks for enjoy my level and played this in the video ( I liked this video!) :D

Storm Lakitu
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Current Project: Kamek & The Magical Star Rod [SMBX Episode]

Review of "Tribal Moonlight Transition"

Postby Storm Lakitu » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:53 pm

1 Word:
Wow!

I decided to check out the Levels Section and clicked on Best.I read "First Place" and clicked on your Topic.I downloaded,played,and almost cried.I almost cried because it was so good! Well....Here is my Review (if it does man anything to you ;D)

Level Design:
I really like the Overall Level Design of this Level.The Tiki Guys and Koopas really catched some style,and they fit in really well.Also,i love that you change different stages (inside the Tree,outside in the Poisonous Jungle).Your level also has the perfect diffictulty,not to hard,not to easy,world 4 Style :)

Ideas:
The Ideas in your Level are Great! The different parts in the level,like the gliding part,or the switch part in the first section,really bring some variety and Fun into this Level.

Customs:
I haven´t seen anything unedited,and everything looks great,so theres nothing to complain about (I guess) ;)

Playfun:
I had much Fun in this level,and even if i died,i wasnt angry or annoyed because the Checkpoint was set right and the Passages didnt seem to stretch,at all.

Points: 9/10 (Perfect Fun,Good to Play,Doesnt Seem/Isnt Stretched)

Replay Value:
This Level has some Replay Value,because there are Blue Coins and Yoshi Coins to collect,and there are many things to discover,so i would give the point there.

Overall Rating: 39 out of 41 = 95% of Points

Overall Feeling:The Level Plays Good and i cant seem to find Molly Uhhhm Weaknesses.It looks good and has awesome Ideas.Much Fun and challenge is envolved,but it gets never froustrating.The Level has a decent Replay Value,just because of the looks.

Overall Mark: 1+*
Creator of "Kamek & The Magical Star Rod"

Shinbison-Kof
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:39 pm

Thanks, I'm happy with this comment! :D
Yes! but some graphics, others did, I only recolor ( few things,). Example: Tribal Koopa -reghrhre, bridge tileset - Shikaternia
The tileset, bg and some bgos, I did this! ( The tree bgo and tileset also!)

LordKofu
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: The Antique Secret of the Four Coins

Postby LordKofu » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Could you please fix the screenshots? :*

Awesome level by the way. Quoting TNTimelord:

Damn, whoever made this level knows how to make a level.
If you notice any grammar errors or other language mistakes, please notify me.

My minisode: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 36&t=13815

Core
Grinder
Grinder

Postby Core » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:28 am

Its Best Level I ever played, i like BGOs, Design, More! good job with 1st place!

Rage_quitter_98
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: an own Fangame

Postby Rage_quitter_98 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:58 am

Looks amazing, i especially like the Cave Tileset mixing with the Dirt/Grassland Tileset.
Take a Look at my Minecraft Resourcepack : http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... hful-64x64
Stuff i posted on MFGG : http://mfgg.net/index.php?act=user&param=09&uid=12206
GTA V PC Preordered :D :

Shinbison-Kof
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Shinbison-Kof » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:37 am

Thanks everyone, I'm very happy with the comments =)
----------------------------------------------------------------
@RussianPoop: Well, exist videos of my level, Icez posted one! Thanks! =)
Link:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZOzikY ... ji&index=1
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Marionette The Puppet, @Rage_quitter_98 : I'm happy that you like my level =)
Off:I like your avatar Marionette The Puppet XD

Return to “The Best”