Ebonwood Forest

Levels that have good quality and are worth playing.
Tyrans
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: Super Mario's New Adventures

Ebonwood Forest

Postby Tyrans » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:01 pm

This is my first level... sooo :D I'd appreciate some feedpacks/ratings/critiques :P
Difficulty: Medium-Hard-ish
Screenshot:
Spoiler: show
Image There's no 1x1 pixels in this level, the screenshot looks like that cuz' I adjusted the window of the SMBX Level Editor
Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/5741g ... Forest.rar
Last edited by Tyrans on Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
I support:

TheKingOfBoos
Grinder
Grinder
Current Project: ROIP

Re: Ebonwood Forest

Postby TheKingOfBoos » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:17 pm

Terraria levels are pretty rare! Cool idea!
<TheKingOfBoos> I don't speak non-american, shadowstar, I have no idea how hot that is
<Kogasa> it's like 92-93 in patriot units
<Merve> TKOB for next mod
Support the GGP! Put this in your signature!
I support:
ImageImageImageImage

SecondScolipede
Blooper
Blooper
Current Project: Mayonnaise Island

Postby SecondScolipede » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:13 pm

You should probably take a screenshot outside of full-screen mode. It stretches out the image and makes it look odd.
Anyways, this is a pretty interesting level! I love terraria, and the GFX have been imported pretty well. I'll be leaving some more comments later.

Never break a glowstick.

Tyrans
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Tyrans » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:45 am

SecondScolipede wrote:You should probably take a screenshot outside of full-screen mode. It stretches out the image and makes it look odd.
Anyways, this is a pretty interesting level! I love terraria, and the GFX have been imported pretty well. I'll be leaving some more comments later.
Noted, I'll fix that soon.
Edit: Uploaded a better screenshot, with PGE instead of original editor.
I support:

Suckerman7 GM
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: A Mario Fan
Current Project: Writing lores for DrMekar's project, beta-testing...
Chat Username: Suckerman7 GM

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:22 pm

This level looks great! The level design, the graphics and the decoration, it's just like Corruption! But most of the power-ups aren't creative. And the enemies' animations was vanilla. And the boss was really easy with the secret hammer suit room. I think you should remove this to make the level more difficult.

(NOTE: If you've made this, you can make Crimson and Hallow version of this level I guess.)

Radishl
Banned
Current Project: Super Mario Hero

Postby Radishl » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:51 pm

Great looking level dude, I'll give it a go!

Tyrans
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby Tyrans » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:18 am

Suckerman7 GM wrote:This level looks great! The level design, the graphics and the decoration, it's just like Corruption! But most of the power-ups aren't creative. And the enemies' animations was vanilla. And the boss was really easy with the secret hammer suit room. I think you should remove this to make the level more difficult.

(NOTE: If you've made this, you can make Crimson and Hallow version of this level I guess.)
I don't have enough creativity in me to make everything 99% fun n' new xd
I'll try to make the boss more interesting when (or IF) I make Crimson/Hallow.
EDIT: The Hallowis being made!
This time, featuring
Wall of Flesh!
I support:

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:21 pm

Official Review

Oh boy, that's a pretty cool Terraria level! I enjoyed a bit of much, thought I didn't like how the placement was, there was too many emenies, especially in the second section. There are also the ones that are difficult to kill or avoid, at least the level wasn't long. The atmosphere was okay, the SMW purple(?) pipe kinda bothers me, since it should be darker. I don't see anything wrong with the music, so it looks okay.

For the level design... probably okay. The first two warps should be switched to Instant button instead of Pipe because I don't see any pipe there. Also in the 3rd section there's a key which unlocks the door in the same section, which leads to a bland somekind bonus section, including 2 hammer suits... I think this looks pointless and it should be removed, unless you hide the key in some secret. As for gameplay, it is quite difficult, but I don't it's that bad. The boss battle was pretty good and not that hard and I actually liked it.

I think that's pretty much it. Overall - the level is good, but it could be better if it you put more creative effort of it and remove less emenies.

6.25/10

Return to “Pretty Good”