PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.15, Engine v0.3.1)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Current Project: TBA ;)

Re: PGE Project thread (Editor v0.3.1.5, Engine v0.2.2.4)

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:56 am

Online installer suspicious?
Dang it, I hate the how my place trolled me badly by forcing K9 protection in it for not paying the rent for the cable on time!
Anyways, why does the Internet always has to make the good downloads being called the suspicious ones?
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
Spoiler: show
Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?
OR

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:05 am

Ness-Wednesday wrote:Online installer suspicious?
Dang it, I hate the how my place trolled me badly by forcing K9 protection in it for not paying the rent for the cable on time!
Anyways, why does the Internet always has to make the good downloads being called the suspicious ones?
...then download ZIP and install everything yourself: Config packs, etc. ;)
Anywy Online installer is safe or read it's source code: http://download.gna.org/pgewohlstand/de ... er-gna.nsi
And code Under "--install" arguments:
Editor:
https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/ ... h.cpp#L135
https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/ ... taller.cpp
Engine: https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/ ... h.cpp#L119
Calibrator: https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/ ... h.cpp#L113
and about "configure.exe", source code included with "SMBX Integration" config pack
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!
LunaLua
LunaLUA - is a LUA scripting add-on for a LunaDLL

My Media:
My MIDI-music
Pure HQ Music Pack for SMBX
Pure HQ Sound Pack for SMBX
SMBX OPL Sound pack (Created with Yamaha OPL chip and MIDI files)
SMBX38A is here
SMBX-38A download, help and support HERE (SMBX-38A (a.k.a. 1.4.x) - is Chinese unofficial continuation of SMBX)

I'm support:

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

mariofan 64
Blooper
Blooper
Current Project: stuff in rpg maker and arc 1 of mario videos

Postby mariofan 64 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:43 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
mariofan 64 wrote:Where's the changelog? It's like you release a new version sometimes, but you don't say what it is, or even if it exists or not. If it's update, it would be obvious to read a changelog to prove it's existence instead of hoping it exists. :P
Sorry, I was busy on the job, but:
https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/ ... tag/v0.3.2

Editor Changelog from 0.3.0.2 to 0.3.1.5
- Fixed the small bug with missed up refreshing of item counters after flood-fill operation
- New Design of classic events tool box
- Fixed the dialog lockers
- Middle mouse button with selected alone item now can copy settings of item too!
- Added support to exit from hand-drag scroll mode with right mouse button
- Added support of redefinition of some initial item properties
- Fixed a crash in relation to closing the musicbox while fetching is in process
- Fixed a bug in relation to desynced frames on exported images
- With the updated SDL2_mixer_ext, it is now possible to have looped OGG files (vorbis tags LOOPSTART and LOOPEND with PCM-sample position are required (you can insert this via Audacity))
- Fixed a small issue with unreseted NPC parameters on taking new NPC's to place
- Added "tip of day" to bring attention to some useful features in the Editor.
- Added tool which provides clean-up of garbage NPC's caused by SMBX bug (any climbabme NPC's such as vines are flooding SMBX)
- Added config pack version notifier (if your config pack is outdated, you will be notified)
- Better designed development console box
- Fixed a bug which made crashing possible if the F5 keys were pressed too often.
- Performance when editing big levels and world maps, has been immproved.
- In flood-fill mode, BGOs are now colliding with other BGO's.
- Added "Transform all Item-ID's in current section" menuitem
- Added ability to transform music boxes.
- Added multiselection for item selection dialog for "add" action in the custom counters editor.
Engine Changelog from 0.1.0 to 0.2.2.4
- Physics are completely replaced with own coded physical engine
- Working NPC-AI system with support NPC's coded in the Lua
- Exits are works!
- Kill effects [are not works perfect, need a lot of work, but there are works fine]
- Added generators!
- Player can climb on NPC-based climbable walls, not only on the BGO-based!
- Fixed a lot of bugs
- NPC's finally can be spawned from blocks where there are was included!
- Added support of the layers and basic events! [layers: show, hide, toggle; message box; play SFX; trigger another event; autoscroll speed, changing of limit borders per section, toggling section background, toggling section music, other event actions are not implemented yet]. Working event triggers: block destroy, hit, empty-layer; NPC died, activated, empty layer [talk is not implemented yet!]
- Fixed random crash caused by lua activation event when camera catched a corpse of NPC
- Fixed slow performance caused by bad time delay function
- Player finally can ride on NPC's heads [anyway, is not finished yet]
- Basic Detectors API for NPC-AI which giving able to catch objects came to specific area
- Fixed bug with super-fast game loop
- Stompable NPC's are can be stomped!
- Work with a speed-summing part of physical engine gives ability to stay and ride on the moving objects
- Fixed imperfection with auto-closing of message box while "run" or "jump" key are holding
- Episode/Level lists are no more freezing engine!
- Working auto scrolling of sections has been implemented! (Unlike SMBX, autoscroll internally is an option of specific section which will works anyway, even you entered into this section from a side, you will get autoscrolling in this section)
P.S. If you wanna test autoscrolling thing of engine, try to play this level in the PGE Engine:
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/docs/_files_fo ... -0.2.2.lvl
Be sure than same level in the SMBX will have not working autoscroll (here you can start autoscroll by ...hiting of the block)
So, seems fantastic for a minor update.
Also, I'm guessing that Editor 0.4 is fully SMBX, but better, and Engine 0.4 is complete Lunalua usage and SMBX compatibility, but better, and that's when many new PGE-specific features and the SAVX file can be created and used, like switches and variables, conditionals, gravity, advanced events like rotating blocks and gravity ingame, sling-star like effects, rotating player graphics, and so on?
I has youtube now...with some activity :D

Projects: Infinite Mario Bros. For PGE (On the PGE Website, of course) (temp hiatus for other projects, see second link in spoiler for details)
----------RPG games, not related to Mario at all :/
----------A ???? game made in Gamemaker.

Completed: Schedules, Plans, Pages, And Other Things

Processing...Processing...Completed. See message below:
Mario Infinity: Quest to Stabilize the World (WIP)
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=568
FACEBOOKS:
https://www.facebook.com/EBTKSPaddy
MAI PATREON:
https://www.patreon.com/ebtkspaddy
MAH FRIEND'S YOUTUBES WHERE ME AND MAH FRIEND'S ARE AT:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRoSEH ... rVJdozjwUA

ivanmegafanboy
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Making levels casually. And University. And 1cc this thing called Touhou.

Re: PGE Project thread (Alternate Editor for SMBX) [0.3.1.4]

Postby ivanmegafanboy » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:33 pm

mariofan 64 wrote:
ivanmegafanboy wrote:I don't know if this is relevant, but when I tried to open with pge a level that I created in the default editor, it stoped loading at the Custom Npc's part (22%) and stopped working.
I was using some luna coding in the Npc's.
How many custom npcs were you using?
Also, that is a good thing you raise that issue. Wohlstand will squish bugs that others hate. :)
I was only using 6 custom Npc
I like editing levels
Check them out at: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16926
I support
Also The Great Castle Adventure Remake

mariofan 64
Blooper
Blooper
Current Project: stuff in rpg maker and arc 1 of mario videos

Postby mariofan 64 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:30 pm

ivanmegafanboy wrote:
mariofan 64 wrote:
ivanmegafanboy wrote:I don't know if this is relevant, but when I tried to open with pge a level that I created in the default editor, it stoped loading at the Custom Npc's part (22%) and stopped working.
I was using some luna coding in the Npc's.
How many custom npcs were you using?
Also, that is a good thing you raise that issue. Wohlstand will squish bugs that others hate. :)
I was only using 6 custom Npc
then it might have something to do with a certain npc, then.
I has youtube now...with some activity :D

Projects: Infinite Mario Bros. For PGE (On the PGE Website, of course) (temp hiatus for other projects, see second link in spoiler for details)
----------RPG games, not related to Mario at all :/
----------A ???? game made in Gamemaker.

Completed: Schedules, Plans, Pages, And Other Things

Processing...Processing...Completed. See message below:
Mario Infinity: Quest to Stabilize the World (WIP)
http://engine.wohlnet.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=568
FACEBOOKS:
https://www.facebook.com/EBTKSPaddy
MAI PATREON:
https://www.patreon.com/ebtkspaddy
MAH FRIEND'S YOUTUBES WHERE ME AND MAH FRIEND'S ARE AT:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRoSEH ... rVJdozjwUA

Kataro7
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Kataro7 » Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:39 pm

would be cool if it could be possible to randomize an event in the future.
For example if you open a chest you can get x different things. lets say its a mushroom, leaf, flower or a koopa.
There is way more creative ways to use this function of course.

Good luck on the PGE

bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:54 am

PGE Speed Maker Showcase - {Single Levels}:

Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IARlJLnlf94

ivanmegafanboy
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Making levels casually. And University. And 1cc this thing called Touhou.

Postby ivanmegafanboy » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:32 pm

mariofan 64 wrote:then it might have something to do with a certain npc, then.
Probably, thanks. then :p
I like editing levels
Check them out at: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16926
I support
Also The Great Castle Adventure Remake

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:12 pm

I have a bit of a suggestion - I personally think it would be very useful, but I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement.
Basically, we'd have a new type of "object" called a compound, which would really just be a combination of other objects. You'd be able to place, say, a collection of ? blocks and bricks, or a part of an airship, or a collection of pipes without having to copy-paste anything. They could be saved in .compound files (which will just be .txts basically) that contain the same data as your clipboard. Is this a good idea?

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Utopia
Chat Username: SquishyRex

Postby Squishy Rex » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:34 am

HenryRichard wrote:I have a bit of a suggestion - I personally think it would be very useful, but I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement.
Basically, we'd have a new type of "object" called a compound, which would really just be a combination of other objects. You'd be able to place, say, a collection of ? blocks and bricks, or a part of an airship, or a collection of pipes without having to copy-paste anything. They could be saved in .compound files (which will just be .txts basically) that contain the same data as your clipboard. Is this a good idea?
I see what you mean, and it was being discussed about having templates which could be inserted, like a Toad House or Hammer Bros. level template without manually building it. I don't see why this couldn't work for a smaller scale of a few objects. It would definitely be handy for bosses which use a combination of BGOs, NPCs etc. It would basically be drag and drop like the default ones. I like how you've added more to the whole idea of insert-able templates.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

ShadowStarX
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Chat Username: ShadowStarX

Postby ShadowStarX » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:09 pm

I've been using the PGE editor since I got to know how to make custom tilesets and I'm also really hyped for the engine.

But here is one problem in the pge editor for layers (true I use v0.3.1.4 atm):
If I want to switch the block (regular block -> slope block) and don't want to change the layer back to 'Default' and want to keep 'Moving block' for example, it'll switch back to Default after I choose out another block in the tileset box. (the layer switches back automatically, even if I don't want to)If it's possible, can you fix it to make this less annoying?
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Joey, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle Derp, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"I know who designed Camacho's level" - bossedit8, 2016
"Waddle Derp is a great minigame" - bossedit8, 2016
"Technically I'm not a voice memer" - bossedit8, 2016

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:17 pm

ShadowStarX wrote:I've been using the PGE editor since I got to know how to make custom tilesets and I'm also really hyped for the engine.

But here is one problem in the pge editor for layers (true I use v0.3.1.4 atm):
If I want to switch the block (regular block -> slope block) and don't want to change the layer back to 'Default' and want to keep 'Moving block' for example, it'll switch back to Default after I choose out another block in the tileset box. (the layer switches back automatically, even if I don't want to)If it's possible, can you fix it to make this less annoying?
Try to download update (current version is 0.3.1.5) and check, is issue still in editor? Transformation of items changes ID and pointer to config entry values but must not change other block individual properties. Transforms usually applying to: all selected, all ID-s at entire section, all ID-s at entire level.
HenryRichard wrote:I have a bit of a suggestion - I personally think it would be very useful, but I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement.
Are you meant "ItemCombo"'s? I.e.
- place some items to screen
- select that item group
- copy to clipboard
- insert into special container where you can take that itemgroup back to paste that again.

However, you can select item group and you can use middle mouse button which will
- duplicate selected item group to mouse position if more than 1 item selected
- switch to "placing" mode if alone item selected (like was in original SMBX, like color grabber tool in the MS Paint works before pencil will be switched back and you will draw with copied color)
- switch to hand-drag mode if no selected items, and right mouse button will return you back into selection mode (since Editor 0.3.1.5. If right mouse not works under Hand-drag mode, report me, or this feature available on the GitHub only)
Sorry for late reply.

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
LunaLua

My Media:
My MIDI-music
SMBX38A is here
SMBX-38A download, help and support HERE (SMBX-38A (a.k.a. 1.4.x) - is Chinese unofficial continuation of SMBX)

I'm support:

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: Lowser's Conquest "Relowserd"

Postby Sednaiur » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:31 am

It is nice to finally got a new version of your editor after more than three months xD.
You added nice new functions, and fixed some minor errors. Your editor is now more convenient to use, for which I am glad :-)

Also, I have some suggestions for your editor, if you don't mind:

1) You have made a "Transform into", "Transform all XYZ into" and a "Transform all XYZ in this section into" option into the context menu. Could you do the same with the "remove" option too?
2) Could you show the adresses (block-22, NPC-144, background-30) of every block, NPC, BGO etc behind them, when you, for example, use the "transform XYZ into"-option, or edit a tileset in the tileset editor? This would be helpful when most of the GFX are already replaced and you do not know which graphic exactly it was or which graphic is still not replaced with a custom one. Alternatively, you could make the icons in said options/menus show the custom GFX, that replace the corresponding graphic.
3) When you select multiple objects with holding "CTRL", when you select another group of objects while already having a group of objects selected, it removes the already selected objects from selection.
Could you fix that, so the already selected objects stay seleted? The way it is now, I need to select every additional object seperately which can take a very long time sometimes.
4)For the "Classic Events-window, when "Layer visibly" is open, if you scroll down in section a with the mousewheel (see example in the spoiler below) and reach the end ot the scrollbar, scrollbar B starts to scroll. Could you prevent the window from doing it, so it just stops scrolling when you reach the bottom of scrollbar a? The way it behaves now, is a bit unconvenient, since when you have many layers and want to scroll down through them fast, you end up scrolling the "A" window out of sight.
5) In the tileset-editor, you have an option called "show custom only". Could you also add an option for "show default only" which shows only blocks/NPCs/BGOS etc that aren't replaced by custom graphics? This would also be very helpful.

But also some bugs still prevail from the verion of the past, which are:
1) In the "Tileset Item Box" under "Super Mario Bros.", you still have a "BGOS"-section aswell as an "Background Objects"-labelled section where both contain the same tilesets.
2) The SMB1 piranha plant, the SMB3 piranha plant, the SMB3 upside-down piranha plant, and the SMB3 venus fire trap has switched back to a 32x32 align grid, which was previously a 16x16 align grid. Could you make all piranha plants have a 16x16 grid by default?
3) The helicopter plant in the "SMW"-section is animated just half the speed it is in SMBX. It needs to be animated twice as fast.
4) The blocks SMB3 muncher and SMB3 jelectro are animating too differently. In SMBX, the SMB3-muncher animates exactly twice as fast, as the SMB3-jelectro.
5) All the "Backgrounds" in the "Background Objects"- section of SMB3 go behind the black SMB3 level end-BGOs in SMBX. In your editor, only the blue metal-BGO does that.

Also, there are some questions I have:
1) In the "Configs"-folder, all the configuration files got totally screwed up since the version from may. What did happen there? The way it is now, makes it tedious to edit and data of them. The way it was before, was way better, in my opinion (each parameter like "height="had it's own line instead of everything just written as a single block of text).
2) I cannot check this one right now, so I ask it as a question: In the old version ther was a bug involving "section settings". Whenever you edit the section settings with the PGE-editor, like changing the level-background in a section through an event, your editor dosn't just do that for the current section, but for all the sections. For example, I have an event that changes the level background to another one after a layer is empty in section 21. But the editor applys this also to the first section, no matter what I do. I need to fix this but in SMBX itself then, since it is not fxable in your editor.
Could you adress and/or fix that problem?

I hope that helps to improve the editor.

愛している、ビアンカ!

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:37 am

Sednaiur wrote: 1) You have made a "Transform into", "Transform all XYZ into" and a "Transform all XYZ in this section into" option into the context menu. Could you do the same with the "remove" option too?
Yes, that easy to implement
Sednaiur wrote:2) Could you show the adresses (block-22, NPC-144, background-30) of every block, NPC, BGO etc behind them, when you, for example, use the "transform XYZ into"-option, or edit a tileset in the tileset editor? This would be helpful when most of the GFX are already replaced and you do not know which graphic exactly it was or which graphic is still not replaced with a custom one. Alternatively, you could make the icons in said options/menus show the custom GFX, that replace the corresponding graphic.
"transform XYZ into" menu label already contains current ID of element or what are you meant?
Sednaiur wrote:3) When you select multiple objects with holding "CTRL", when you select another group of objects while already having a group of objects selected, it removes the already selected objects from selection.
Could you fix that, so the already selected objects stay seleted? The way it is now, I need to select every additional object seperately which can take a very long time sometimes.
Use CTRL key to clicking on items, and SHIFT to select another groups via rectangle selection
Sednaiur wrote:4)For the "Classic Events-window, when "Layer visibly" is open, if you scroll down in section a with the mousewheel (see example in the spoiler below) and reach the end ot the scrollbar, scrollbar B starts to scroll. Could you prevent the window from doing it, so it just stops scrolling when you reach the bottom of scrollbar a? The way it behaves now, is a bit unconvenient, since when you have many layers and want to scroll down through them fast, you end up scrolling the "A" window out of sight.
I'l check out a ways to prevent that thing to make scrolling of the pointed by mouse areas only
Sednaiur wrote:5) In the tileset-editor, you have an option called "show custom only". Could you also add an option for "show default only" which shows only blocks/NPCs/BGOS etc that aren't replaced by custom graphics? This would also be very helpful.
I.e. show "non-customized stuff", I'l check out that too
Sednaiur wrote: But also some bugs still prevail from the verion of the past, which are:
1) In the "Tileset Item Box" under "Super Mario Bros.", you still have a "BGOS"-section aswell as an "Background Objects"-labelled section where both contain the same tilesets.
2) The SMB1 piranha plant, the SMB3 piranha plant, the SMB3 upside-down piranha plant, and the SMB3 venus fire trap has switched back to a 32x32 align grid, which was previously a 16x16 align grid. Could you make all piranha plants have a 16x16 grid by default?
3) The helicopter plant in the "SMW"-section is animated just half the speed it is in SMBX. It needs to be animated twice as fast.
4) The blocks SMB3 muncher and SMB3 jelectro are animating too differently. In SMBX, the SMB3-muncher animates exactly twice as fast, as the SMB3-jelectro.
5) All the "Backgrounds" in the "Background Objects"- section of SMB3 go behind the black SMB3 level end-BGOs in SMBX. In your editor, only the blue metal-BGO does that.
1) reason of that is a junk file "SMB_BGO.tsgrp.ini" in the configs/SMBX/group_tilesets . Remove that file to resolve this issue
2) yea, I'l priovide that globally and then you will be able to download latest config pack with piranha-plants which will have 16x16 grid align
3,4) misses up in the framespeeds was my slow and laggy SMBX which gave me wrong framespeeds which I'l fix
5) You will find that at bottom of that tileset group:
Sednaiur wrote: Also, there are some questions I have:
1) In the "Configs"-folder, all the configuration files got totally screwed up since the version from may. What did happen there? The way it is now, makes it tedious to edit and data of them. The way it was before, was way better, in my opinion (each parameter like "height="had it's own line instead of everything just written as a single block of text).
2) I cannot check this one right now, so I ask it as a question: In the old version ther was a bug involving "section settings". Whenever you edit the section settings with the PGE-editor, like changing the level-background in a section through an event, your editor dosn't just do that for the current section, but for all the sections. For example, I have an event that changes the level background to another one after a layer is empty in section 21. But the editor applys this also to the first section, no matter what I do. I need to fix this but in SMBX itself then, since it is not fxable in your editor.
Could you adress and/or fix that problem?

1) That means you should update config packs too or you will have mistakes and bugs in work process, because while config packs in works with engine: I'l adding new scripts, applying fixes to mistooken config things, etc., and I adding new things to fix old mistakes, etc. To remember about updating of config packs too. Online installer automatically updates config packs too, but if you chooses manual instalation via zip file, you need to download&unpack SMBX config pack too (you will see download link inside warning message about legacy config pack).
2) SMBX Event internally are able to define individual settings per multiple sections. In the "Section settings" tab of event you will find the combobox with a list of all sections. When you selecting another sections in the list, you will see which settings will be toggled for that section. SMBX doesn't showing up that which makes doing of same thing too hard because we are not see what's a true. Also, latest version of PGE Engine partially supports events and supports working and better autoscroll which you can try out. Working almost everything except "end of game" and layer movement subsystem (to have it I should to improve the collisions which sometimes giving misses up)

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
LunaLua

My Media:
My MIDI-music
SMBX38A is here

I'm support:

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:31 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
Sednaiur wrote:2) Could you show the adresses (block-22, NPC-144, background-30) of every block, NPC, BGO etc behind them, when you, for example, use the "transform XYZ into"-option, or edit a tileset in the tileset editor? This would be helpful when most of the GFX are already replaced and you do not know which graphic exactly it was or which graphic is still not replaced with a custom one. Alternatively, you could make the icons in said options/menus show the custom GFX, that replace the corresponding graphic.
"transform XYZ into" menu label already contains current ID of element or what are you meant?
Yes, I found out that the number of the corresponding item shows up after a short moment. That was what I meant, but could you do it so, that it is written like "(BGO-1) Small Bush" or "(BGO-3) Small Hills", as the name/description?
Wohlstand wrote:
Sednaiur wrote:3) When you select multiple objects with holding "CTRL", when you select another group of objects while already having a group of objects selected, it removes the already selected objects from selection.
Could you fix that, so the already selected objects stay selected? The way it is now, I need to select every additional object seperately which can take a very long time sometimes.
Use CTRL key to clicking on items, and SHIFT to select another groups via rectangle selection
So does it work - thanks for telling me :-). But why using this kind of method instead of just "CTRL"-queing?
Wohlstand wrote:
Sednaiur wrote:4)For the "Classic Events-window, when "Layer visibly" is open, if you scroll down in section a with the mousewheel (see example in the spoiler below) and reach the end ot the scrollbar, scrollbar B starts to scroll. Could you prevent the window from doing it, so it just stops scrolling when you reach the bottom of scrollbar a? The way it behaves now, is a bit unconvenient, since when you have many layers and want to scroll down through them fast, you end up scrolling the "A" window out of sight.
I'l check out a ways to prevent that thing to make scrolling of the pointed by mouse areas only
Yes, that would be nice ^^.
Wohlstand wrote:
Sednaiur wrote: But also some bugs still prevail from the verion of the past, which are:
5) You will find that at bottom of that tileset group:
What I meant whas that:
See how the top one of the 4 BGOs goes behind the black area, while the other three dosn't. I mean that all of them need to go behind the black area, like it is in SMBX.
Wohlstand wrote:
Sednaiur wrote: Also, there are some questions I have:

1) That means you should update config packs too or you will have mistakes and bugs in work process, because while config packs in works with engine: I'l adding new scripts, applying fixes to mistooken config things, etc., and I adding new things to fix old mistakes, etc. To remember about updating of config packs too. Online installer automatically updates config packs too, but if you chooses manual instalation via zip file, you need to download&unpack SMBX config pack too (you will see download link inside warning message about legacy config pack).
For me the configs are all looking something like that:
It is only the config-files, it is so since the versions from may, and I always use the windows installer for updating the PGE editor.

愛している、ビアンカ!

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:43 pm

Sednaiur wrote: Yes, I found out that the number of the corresponding item shows up after a short moment. That was what I meant, but could you do it so, that it is written like "(BGO-1) Small Bush" or "(BGO-3) Small Hills", as the name/description?
Okay, I understood you: show up item title too in the context menu ;-)
Sednaiur wrote: So does it work - thanks for telling me :-). But why using this kind of method instead of just "CTRL"-queing?
I think, you know the Windows Explorer or other multi-selection things: Shift used to select range: click one (which a "first") item, and then second (which a "last") item, and everything between will be selected ("shift" key thing), and Ctrl thing to have ability to click per single files to select/deselect
Sednaiur wrote:What I meant whas that:

See how the top one of the 4 BGOs goes behind the black area, while the other three dosn't. I mean that all of them need to go behind the black area, like it is in SMBX.
Oh, that was wrong Z-Order, anyway try to open same in the SMBX after saving (in-game), and you must see same Z-Order. Anyway you have ability to play arround with "SMBX64 sort priority": make values of that background less than SMB3-exits, but save file into LVLX format where you will be able to define Z-Layer and Z-Offset to change their position. When you wanna play level in the SMBX, resave it into lvl format but when you need edit that file again, do that from LVLX file. Anyway I will try out that and will re-define default Z-Layer/order of that background to make them be under "SMB3 exit shadow" BGO's

Sednaiur wrote: For me the configs are all looking something like that:

It is only the config-files, it is so since the versions from may, and I always use the windows installer for updating the PGE editor.
You need to use the Notepad++ or Akelpad, because that INI files are saved with UNIX LF format (Windows uses CRLF line feeds, therefore you see a shit instead of the text). PGE understands both LF and CRLF, but GitHub making everything to have LF (also that makes text files has less size (CRLF has two bytes, LF has 1 byte))

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
LunaLua

My Media:
My MIDI-music
SMBX38A is here

I'm support:

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:09 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
Sednaiur wrote: Yes, I found out that the number of the corresponding item shows up after a short moment. That was what I meant, but could you do it so, that it is written like "(BGO-1) Small Bush" or "(BGO-3) Small Hills", as the name/description?
Okay, I understood you: show up item title too in the context menu ;-)
Yes, thank you :-D.
Wohlstand wrote:
Sednaiur wrote: So does it work - thanks for telling me :-). But why using this kind of method instead of just "CTRL"-queing?
I think, you know the Windows Explorer or other multi-selection things: Shift used to select range: click one (which a "first") item, and then second (which a "last") item, and everything between will be selected ("shift" key thing), and Ctrl thing to have ability to click per single files to select/deselect
Yes, but I mostly are used to holding "CTRL" only for multi-selecting, like in paint.net and stuff. But now I understand better.
Wohlstand wrote:
Sednaiur wrote:What I meant whas that:

Oh, that was wrong Z-Order, anyway try to open same in the SMBX after saving (in-game), and you must see same Z-Order. Anyway you have ability to play arround with "SMBX64 sort priority": make values of that background less than SMB3-exits, but save file into LVLX format where you will be able to define Z-Layer and Z-Offset to change their position. When you wanna play level in the SMBX, resave it into lvl format but when you need edit that file again, do that from LVLX file. Anyway I will try out that and will re-define default Z-Layer/order of that background to make them be under "SMB3 exit shadow" BGO's
This is how SMBX does it in the editor and in the game mode:
Don't mind the left BGOs there, as I just tested about them again. The method you described about z-layer editing is fine, but I stay away from editing like that as it is too time-consuming and not useful enough for me to do such things. But thanks for describing it :-)
Wohlstand wrote:
Sednaiur wrote: It is only the config-files, it is so since the versions from may, and I always use the windows installer for updating the PGE editor.
You need to use the Notepad++ or Akelpad, because that INI files are saved with UNIX LF format (Windows uses CRLF line feeds, therefore you see a shit instead of the text). PGE understands both LF and CRLF, but GitHub making everything to have LF (also that makes text files has less size (CRLF has two bytes, LF has 1 byte))
Okay - I just got Notepad++ and now it looks gorgeous :-P.

I will report anything I can find. Thank you.

愛している、ビアンカ!

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:06 am

I worked onto a level with high a amount of events and layers, so I got an idea.

How about adding a counter for the number of events and/or layers that is shown in the corresponding menu or in the debugger?
It would help to see how many events one can create before the limits of SMBX are reached.

EDIT: Another suggestion:
In the worldmap-editor, you have the option "Semi-transparent paths" under "View". Could you also apply the effect of that option to every level that has "always visible" unchecked?
This way one can see what is below it and also what levels are visible in the end and which are not :-).

愛している、ビアンカ!

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:42 am

Sednaiur wrote:I worked onto a level with high a amount of events and layers, so I got an idea.

How about adding a counter for the number of events and/or layers that is shown in the corresponding menu or in the debugger?
It would help to see how many events one can create before the limits of SMBX are reached.

EDIT: Another suggestion:
In the worldmap-editor, you have the option "Semi-transparent paths" under "View". Could you also apply the effect of that option to every level that has "always visible" unchecked?
This way one can see what is below it and also what levels are visible in the end and which are not :-).
1) yea, forgot that, but PGE always warnings you if you was exited built-in limits. I will add that thing into debugger box
2) good Idea, I'l add that thing too ;-)

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
LunaLua

My Media:
My MIDI-music
SMBX38A is here

I'm support:

Trace
Lakitu
Lakitu
Chat Username: figure it out

Postby Trace » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:07 pm

i have a problem, it never seems to install sdl2.mixer.ext.dll, is there something im doing wrong?
I believe in Waluigi as my Lord and Saviour. If you do too, put this in your signature!

OwO

Return to “General”