SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
RubyRanger
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Chat Username: RubyRanger

Re: SMBX2 (2.0 Beta 3)

Postby RubyRanger » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:18 pm

i played but it does not load my files correctly

Added in 42 seconds:
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: i played but it does not load my files correctly

PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:42 pm

RubyRanger wrote:
Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:19 pm
i played but it does not load my files correctly

Added in 42 seconds:
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: i played but it does not load my files correctly
Did you start the files in the 38A engine? And what exactly do you mean by "not correctly"

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:29 am

It's been pretty quite around here. Looking at the "To Do" list it seems like nothing changes and the list is in the same place it was in months ago. So with the risk of everyone hating on me for bringing up the subject I have to ask.

What is the problem? Is the dev team suffering from burnout or just giving up? I know there is a lot to do and it's a big project but the project seems pretty much dead with no sign of life and if progress stays this slow we will never get Beta4. If you guys are giving up you should just give us an incomplete version. I know it won't be professional and not all of the npc's will have death effects or work properly but at least it's something.

I can't even check the "Development blog" right now without getting a privacy error that refuses to let me see the page. This needs to be fixed if the blog is still used.

We are all trying to be patient but we need to know at least some work or progress is being done or everyone will eventually lose interest and move on to other stuff. I'm not trying to start a fight with anyone or make anyone mad but it seems like smbx forums and 2.0 dev sheet is very quite right now as if the core member base are losing interest in the game. Just wondering what is going on.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: -chan ^^

Postby Enjl » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:37 am

Blog posts come when I think something worth showing off is ready. The website thing is cause horikawa's security protocol expired or something, which happens once in a while.

Join codehaus and stop going on monologues like this goddamnit, you keep making assumptions in every post like this you make and instead of writing novels about them you could just chat with us on codehaus.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
Spoiler: show
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

PixelPest
Edward
Edward

Postby PixelPest » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:43 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:29 am
It's been pretty quite around here. Looking at the "To Do" list it seems like nothing changes and the list is in the same place it was in months ago. So with the risk of everyone hating on me for bringing up the subject I have to ask.

What is the problem? Is the dev team suffering from burnout or just giving up? I know there is a lot to do and it's a big project but the project seems pretty much dead with no sign of life and if progress stays this slow we will never get Beta4. If you guys are giving up you should just give us an incomplete version. I know it won't be professional and not all of the npc's will have death effects or work properly but at least it's something.

I can't even check the "Development blog" right now without getting a privacy error that refuses to let me see the page. This needs to be fixed if the blog is still used.

We are all trying to be patient but we need to know at least some work or progress is being done or everyone will eventually lose interest and move on to other stuff. I'm not trying to start a fight with anyone or make anyone mad but it seems like smbx forums and 2.0 dev sheet is very quite right now as if the core member base are losing interest in the game. Just wondering what is going on.
I'd agree with Enjl in saying that you make a lot of really frustrating uneducated statements and assumptions about the progress of SMBX2, when we continually suggest you join the codehaus server so that you can follow all of the progress being made

PopYoshi
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Postby PopYoshi » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:15 am

Well, what I can say, since I saw the video of the Orakel 2.0 I just got convinced of give a try to Beta 3...

My project:

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:14 pm

Enjl wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:37 am
Blog posts come when I think something worth showing off is ready. The website thing is cause horikawa's security protocol expired or something, which happens once in a while.

Join codehaus and stop going on monologues like this goddamnit, you keep making assumptions in every post like this you make and instead of writing novels about them you could just chat with us on codehaus.

Well I should not need to join codehaus just for an update on the game. I come here for updates and check the spread sheet and that should be enough to know what is going on. I never said anything about a blog post. I said if you guys still use the website that you post the blogs on then the privacy error preventing anybody from checking out the site should be fixed. You seem to think I am attacking the team but I am not. You even stated yourself Sturg was the ONLY person working on the project and that was weeks ago. Can you honestly say that there is progress being made? If so what is it?
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

GforGoomba
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: It... it worked...
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Fanfic Crossovers

Postby GforGoomba » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:15 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:14 pm
Enjl wrote:

Well I should not need to join codehaus just for an update on the game. I come here for updates and check the spread sheet and that should be enough to know what is going on. I never said anything about a blog post. I said if you guys still use the website that you post the blogs on then the privacy error preventing anybody from checking out the site should be fixed. You seem to think I am attacking the team but I am not. You even stated yourself Sturg was the ONLY person working on the project and that was weeks ago. Can you honestly say that there is progress being made? If so what is it?
Furthermore, what about the people who don't do Discord?
krazykats advice: show
If you don't want to be suspicious, then you want to act like you're trying to help the town. Be constructive towards the game, share suspicions that aren't blatantly disprovable, cast lynch votes that aren't just a bandwagon vote with no explanation (we're all guilty of this one), ask people questions about their thoughts on things.

You don't want to post super often, but when you do post you want it to have content and not just fluff. Don't be afraid to share your thoughts, but also use your brain before you throw suspicions out there. I say this because we mislynched Taycamgame last game because he threw out a suspicion against me that literally made no sense in the context of the game. If he hadn't committed that brain fart, we would've been more likely to lynch one of the actual bad guys that day and not just a townie who didn't think before they spoke.
Sign for the Online Creep Abolition Act!

Teemster2
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:43 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:43 am
Teemster2 wrote:

I'd agree with Enjl in saying that you make a lot of really frustrating uneducated statements and assumptions about the progress of SMBX2, when we continually suggest you join the codehaus server so that you can follow all of the progress being made
I do not see the point in joining codehaus when we have a spread sheet and this forum thread to keep us updated. If progress is being made what is it and why are we not seeing it on the spread sheet? I thought one of the ideas with Beta4 and 2.0 was to get new members and more people interested? What is the point of you tube videos, a spread sheet and even a development blog if the only way to stay updated is by codehaus? If there is nothing new to talk about then is it reasonable to say the progress is going very slow? We keep telling 1.4.4 users about 2.0 and even give them a link to the spread sheet yet we give them no progress updates. How many of them do you think use codehuas? You say there is progress being made so I ask you what is it? I check the spread sheet all the time and it is not showing any signs of life. If codehaus is the only way to get updates right now or any signs of life for 2.0 then I think it is time to take another break for several months and then come back and see if you guys have made any more progress.

Again I am not trying to start any trouble or piss anyone of but Enjl himself hinted he was frustrated with the team in several posts and even said Sturg was the only one working on Beta4 and that was weeks ago. This is not signs that the dev team is making a lot of progress if any and the spread sheet would be updated if there was any updates or progress. Maybe you guys just don't want to admit there is problems.

I am going to just leave it at that and probably take a break from this game. My time is valuable to me and I am not going to spend it here on a game that may never be finished. If you guys were even interested in the project then you should let the community know that. Not everyone will use codehuas and new comers won't even know about it anyways. They find 2.0 through youtube and check these forums to see what is going on.

I have said enough and at the risk of getting banned I felt it needed to be said. I think you guys are dealing with burnout or giving up. You guys started 2.0 so it is up to you guys to finish it or let it die. I really hope you guys do complete it. I will not hold my breath. I will return if you guys ever do finish it.

Ps. The to do list is the only progress update most members here care about because that is all that needs to be done before Beta4 so don't expect everyone to be interested in codehaus. Most people are to lazy for that anyways.

Added in 1 minute 2 seconds:
GforGoomba wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:15 pm
Teemster2 wrote:
Enjl wrote:

Most people are not interested in discord. The dev team needs to understand this.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:02 pm

Yeah please go away before you make even more assumptions.
ImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.

timocomsmbx2345
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: i dont even know anymore. . . .
Chat Username: same as my username

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:03 pm

Well it's probably gonna be December 31st 2018 or 13/31/19 when beta 4 gets released
SMBX 2.0 β4 is coming!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!
Timocom the Rosalina Lunatic.
Now, before you jump to conclusions, i just got appealed, so i'm ready to become different.
https://discord.gg/aqSFxW6
The True Goddess is the Goddess that's taller than the Goddess of light.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:08 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:03 pm
Well it's probably gonna be December 31st 2018 or 13/31/19 when beta 4 gets released
How often did we ask you to stop with guessing release dates going off no information?
ImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:

timocomsmbx2345
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: i dont even know anymore. . . .
Chat Username: same as my username

Postby timocomsmbx2345 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:12 pm

Enjl wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:08 pm
timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
How often did we ask you to stop with guessing release dates going off no information?
Probably a thousand times
SMBX 2.0 β4 is coming!!! How about 2.0 β5?
ImageImage
Meepyglobix wrote:DON'T SAY "38A??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
Image Thanks Pixelpest!!!!
Timocom the Rosalina Lunatic.
Now, before you jump to conclusions, i just got appealed, so i'm ready to become different.
https://discord.gg/aqSFxW6
The True Goddess is the Goddess that's taller than the Goddess of light.

MarioRPGExpert93
Bowser
Bowser
Flair: GB/GBC/GBA collector! ^_^
Current Project: Saving up for a Windows 10 laptop irl! + Sega Mega Drive style sprites & graphics
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:15 pm

timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:12 pm
Enjl wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:08 pm
timocomsmbx2345 wrote:
Probably a thousand times
I don't even want to know the official release for SMBX 2.0 Beta 3. So please stop leaking
Main Goals in Mario RPGs (04/11 goals accomplished): show
  • Complete Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Collect all 256 cards in Super Paper Mario
  • 100% Paper Mario 64
  • Complete Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Finish Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story in under 24 hours worth of playtime
  • Complete Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, No Deaths, and NO LIFE SHROOMS!
  • Play through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a BP only run
Current amount of money till i get a new 1 TB Windows 10 Laptop: $792.00
My DeviantArt
My Main YouTube (Warning: No SMBX content!)
My 2nd YouTube (Warning: No SMBX content!)
My Twitter (keep dreaming, I'll never tweet anything fan game related tweets!)
TSR/VG Resource/MFGG: PaperWilliam
I have Autism & ADHD. OG 90's kid who's born in late 93! 8-)
Stuff I 100% Support: show

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:17 pm

Guys, as we do not know the release date ( and it could be ages until it does come) I suggest not wasting your life waiting every day for this, even if it is an interesting and enjoyable game, because you could be waiting for a while.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
ImageImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

MarioRPGExpert93
Bowser
Bowser
Flair: GB/GBC/GBA collector! ^_^
Current Project: Saving up for a Windows 10 laptop irl! + Sega Mega Drive style sprites & graphics
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:19 pm

Taycamgame wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:17 pm
Guys, as we do not know the release date ( and it could be ages until it does come) I suggest not wasting your life waiting every day for this, even if it is an interesting and enjoyable game, because you could be waiting for a while.
Thank you Tay, ^^"
Main Goals in Mario RPGs (04/11 goals accomplished): show
  • Complete Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Collect all 256 cards in Super Paper Mario
  • 100% Paper Mario 64
  • Complete Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Finish Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story in under 24 hours worth of playtime
  • Complete Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, No Deaths, and NO LIFE SHROOMS!
  • Play through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a BP only run
Current amount of money till i get a new 1 TB Windows 10 Laptop: $792.00
My DeviantArt
My Main YouTube (Warning: No SMBX content!)
My 2nd YouTube (Warning: No SMBX content!)
My Twitter (keep dreaming, I'll never tweet anything fan game related tweets!)
TSR/VG Resource/MFGG: PaperWilliam
I have Autism & ADHD. OG 90's kid who's born in late 93! 8-)
Stuff I 100% Support: show

BabyPinkSnail
Goomba
Goomba
Chat Username: BabyPinkSnail

Postby BabyPinkSnail » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:24 pm

Personally I don't care how long the update takes because in the end even if it takes 5 years a finished update would always be better than one that's filled with bugs and missing features.

PixelPest
Edward
Edward

Postby PixelPest » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:55 pm

Teemster2 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:44 pm
PixelPest wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:43 am
Teemster2 wrote:

I do not see the point in joining codehaus when we have a spread sheet and this forum thread to keep us updated. If progress is being made what is it and why are we not seeing it on the spread sheet? I thought one of the ideas with Beta4 and 2.0 was to get new members and more people interested? What is the point of you tube videos, a spread sheet and even a development blog if the only way to stay updated is by codehaus? If there is nothing new to talk about then is it reasonable to say the progress is going very slow? We keep telling 1.4.4 users about 2.0 and even give them a link to the spread sheet yet we give them no progress updates. How many of them do you think use codehuas? You say there is progress being made so I ask you what is it? I check the spread sheet all the time and it is not showing any signs of life. If codehaus is the only way to get updates right now or any signs of life for 2.0 then I think it is time to take another break for several months and then come back and see if you guys have made any more progress.

Again I am not trying to start any trouble or piss anyone of but Enjl himself hinted he was frustrated with the team in several posts and even said Sturg was the only one working on Beta4 and that was weeks ago. This is not signs that the dev team is making a lot of progress if any and the spread sheet would be updated if there was any updates or progress. Maybe you guys just don't want to admit there is problems.

I am going to just leave it at that and probably take a break from this game. My time is valuable to me and I am not going to spend it here on a game that may never be finished. If you guys were even interested in the project then you should let the community know that. Not everyone will use codehuas and new comers won't even know about it anyways. They find 2.0 through youtube and check these forums to see what is going on.

I have said enough and at the risk of getting banned I felt it needed to be said. I think you guys are dealing with burnout or giving up. You guys started 2.0 so it is up to you guys to finish it or let it die. I really hope you guys do complete it. I will not hold my breath. I will return if you guys ever do finish it.

Ps. The to do list is the only progress update most members here care about because that is all that needs to be done before Beta4 so don't expect everyone to be interested in codehaus. Most people are to lazy for that anyways.

Added in 1 minute 2 seconds:
GforGoomba wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:15 pm
Teemster2 wrote:

Most people are not interested in discord. The dev team needs to understand this.
This post is riddled with assumption after assumption but I'm going to do my best to respond to it.

A bunch of stuff on the list has changed over the last few months, however you can't expect drastic noticeable changes on a monthly basis, though lots does change.

The difference between the spreadsheet and forums and being on the codehaus Discord includes (1) seeing changes at they are pushed to the Beta4 repo in #github-updates every time someone adds or modifies something (2) #smbx2 and #smbx2-dev chat that allows you to discuss current SMBX2 development, etc. as well as read discussions among the devs. It's just not reasonable to expect these kinds of interactions to be present on the forums.

The only way to stay updated isn't just codehaus. The blog hasn't been used recently just since there isn't too much of interest going on. The devs don't only add new NPCs and other elements, a lot of back end technical work needs to be done as well, a significant amount of which is the current focus from what I can see, as well as updating standards of current NPCs and testing of them and other features. These kinds of things are extremely important but there just isn't a lot to share that the average user would find exciting or even interesting.

We're completely open to admitting current issues, and some of them have been mentioned, such as issues with editor support of certain features, so that shouldn't be an issue at all. Also if you were on codehaus these issues are more discussed in depth and you would be able to view and/or participate in these kinds of conversations. I don't think you're in any place to try and gauge progress or the development speed.

In terms of your content about Sturg, he was doing a ton of work on NPCs which was really significant in terms of bugfixes, however that's not all that was going on. I often work on stuff for a while before pushing any of it, including NPCs, etc. I assume this is similar for others. Just because we aren't constantly pushing and updating the sheet doesn't mean we aren't working hard.

I'm also really offended that you would even have the arrogance to suggest with almost no base whatsoever that the dev team has given up, your words exactly.

You also make quite the baseless assertions about what people do and their laziness. codehaus has more members than any of the main SMBX Discord servers and lots of people discuss things there. I doubt most people care only about the spreadsheet and also doubt even more that people are too lazy to discuss things on codehaus, maybe that's just you being a little stuck up, with no other way to put it.

Also based on the last thing you said, there are tons of active members on Discord. To say that most people aren't interested in Discord blows me away and shows really how ignorant you are. Also it isn't too hard to get a Discord account and I think the general thing to be aware of is that we can't just be constantly adding flashy exciting features, but also need the back end support so that they can be possible and functional

Bob el -IVo
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Breathing.
Chat Username: Bob el -IVo

Postby Bob el -IVo » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:26 pm

Beta 4 is taking way longer than it should... it's going to be two years and they're still not done...
I haven't even played SMBX2 in a month due to this...
What is going on? I'm looking at the Codehaus discord but all there is is just help posts or off-topic posts, no updates, really.
Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Apple!
Apple Who?
Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Apple!
Apple Who?
Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Strawberry!
Strawberry who?
Strawberry you glad I didn't say apple? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hoeloe
Ninji
Ninji
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:31 pm

It's all in the #smbx2-dev channel. They aren't "update posts" like you'd get on the blog, but simple discussion. You can also see individual commits to the repository in the #github-updates channel.

Return to “General”