What are the actual Level Editor limits?

General discussion about Super Mario Bros. X.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
Animebryan
Bit
Bit
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:40 pm
Flair: Need help!
Current Project: Star of Darkness
Contact:

What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby Animebryan » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:54 pm

What are the actual Level Editor limits? I ask this because I know for a fact that the ones shown in the debugger window are inaccurate, like the real block limit is 16,384 (even less with the use of complicated events). I tried searching both from Google as well as the forum search but can't find any topics that mention them (excluding the topic about the World Map editor).
Need serious help with Lua based features :(

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5134
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Nothing atm
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:53 am

Let me check real quick...

Limits on the Level Editor:

  • Block limit: 20,000 blocks
  • NPC limit: I think 5,000.... but i might be wrong
  • Warp exit limit: 200 warps
  • BGO limit: I think 500...
:|

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7619
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby Enjl » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:50 am

The 16384 limit is a bug that will be fixed in SMBX2 Beta 4. The rest of the debugger is accurate, and once the bug is fixed, the 20000 for blocks will be too.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
litchh
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 621
Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:10 am

Re: What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby litchh » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:06 am

In fact you may get lags after you reach 10000 or 15000 blocks (depends of your CPU)
MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
  • BGO limit: I think 500...
it's 8000

User avatar
HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2844
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm
Flair: Is this where I type my password?
Contact:

Re: What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby HenryRichard » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:50 am

Isn't the warp limit in SMBX2 like absurdly high? I thought it was something like 2000.
Image

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

User avatar
RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4972
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:36 am
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Re: What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby RudeGuy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:42 pm

HenryRichard wrote:Isn't the warp limit in SMBX2 like absurdly high? I thought it was something like 2000.
Yeah, it's 200 only in 1.3 and older. It was expanded in SMBX2.
im bored

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1297
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby Taycamgame » Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:58 pm

16384 sounds like a very precise number, but why that?
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
Image
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

User avatar
RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Posts: 4972
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:36 am
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Re: What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby RudeGuy » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:53 pm

Taycamgame wrote:16384 sounds like a very precise number, but why that?
it's a power of 2.
im bored

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1653
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby Eri7 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:31 pm

Here are the limits of SMBX 38A if someone is interested.

Level limits:

Image

World Map limits:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Animebryan
Bit
Bit
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:40 pm
Flair: Need help!
Current Project: Star of Darkness
Contact:

Re: What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby Animebryan » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:43 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:Let me check real quick...

Limits on the Level Editor:

  • Block limit: 20,000 blocks
  • NPC limit: I think 5,000.... but i might be wrong
  • Warp exit limit: 200 warps
  • BGO limit: I think 500...
:|
You're just repeating what shows in the debugger which means you didn't read or understand my post at all.
Enjl wrote:The 16384 limit is a bug that will be fixed in SMBX2 Beta 4. The rest of the debugger is accurate, and once the bug is fixed, the 20000 for blocks will be too.
So you're saying that only the block limit is inaccurate? So having more than 6000 BGOs doesn't cause the overflow error as well?
Need serious help with Lua based features :(

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7619
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby Enjl » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:42 am

Animebryan wrote:
Enjl wrote:The 16384 limit is a bug that will be fixed in SMBX2 Beta 4. The rest of the debugger is accurate, and once the bug is fixed, the 20000 for blocks will be too.
So you're saying that only the block limit is inaccurate? So having more than 6000 BGOs doesn't cause the overflow error as well?
Yup! If you don't believe me you can always try it for yourself :p
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1297
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby Taycamgame » Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:32 am

RudeGuy wrote:
Taycamgame wrote:16384 sounds like a very precise number, but why that?
it's a power of 2.
Thanks for the clarification, more specifically it is 128^2 or 11.3137085^4 or 2^14.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
Image
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby PixelPest » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:59 am

Taycamgame wrote:
RudeGuy wrote:
Taycamgame wrote:16384 sounds like a very precise number, but why that?
it's a power of 2.
Thanks for the clarification, more specifically it is 128^2 or 11.3137085^4 or 2^14.
Only the last one really matters though. Especially don't see the point of the second one

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1297
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame
Contact:

Re: What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby Taycamgame » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:38 am

2^14? What is so special about that compared to 128^2?
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
Image
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4320
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby Electriking » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:43 am

Taycamgame wrote:2^14? What is so special about that compared to 128^2?
It is the one relevant to Binary (1s 0s) numbers.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Knux
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 732
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:55 pm

Re: What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby Knux » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:52 pm

how many stars can an episode hold

User avatar
bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6840
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3
Contact:

Re: What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:45 am

Knux wrote:how many stars can an episode hold
I believe is 9999 Stars according to the world map on it's own.

User avatar
Animebryan
Bit
Bit
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:40 pm
Flair: Need help!
Current Project: Star of Darkness
Contact:

Re: What are the actual Level Editor limits?

Postby Animebryan » Wed May 02, 2018 6:01 pm

Enjl wrote:
Animebryan wrote:
Enjl wrote:The 16384 limit is a bug that will be fixed in SMBX2 Beta 4. The rest of the debugger is accurate, and once the bug is fixed, the 20000 for blocks will be too.
So you're saying that only the block limit is inaccurate? So having more than 6000 BGOs doesn't cause the overflow error as well?
Yup! If you don't believe me you can always try it for yourself :p
Sadly that's not an option for me anymore as my laptop is officially out of commission.
Need serious help with Lua based features :(


Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests