Reputation Mod

Topics about events/announcements that are no longer relevant.
Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Reputation Mod

Postby Aero » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:38 pm

Discuss any suggestions, comments, or disputes and complaints with the Reputation Mod here. Keep in mind that you can only give out 3 reps per day and cannot give out multiple reps within a 6 hour span of time. You must have 100 posts and a reputation that isn't negative in order to use the mod.

Reputation Rules
Upreps:
1. Do not uprep a user simply because you like them.
2. Do not uprep a user that insults/flames/trolls a user you do not like.
3. Do not uprep a user for breaking the rules.
4. Do not uprep a user because they uprepped you.
5. Do not uprep a user simply because they were downrepped.
6. Do not ask for upreps, or for someone else to get upreps.
7. Do not uprep a user for reasons outside the forums.

Downreps:
1. Do not downrep a user simply because you do not like them.
2. Do not downrep a user because they downrepped you.
3. Do not ask or coordinate other users to downrep a user.
4. Do not downrep a user for reasons outside the forums.
5. Do not downrep a user if they've been downrepped multiple times for the same post before. You can't track downreps to the posts they were given for but if you know the user has received downreps for the post, don't downrep them again.

Other:
1. Leave a well detailed comment explaining why you change the user's reputation along with how they
can change their posting habits (if needed) to make better posts.
2. Abide by all forum rules when making a reputation comment.
3. Do not make topics dedicated to yours or another user's reputation.
4. Report any reputations that you believe violate the rules. (Be sure you aren't reporting a reply to a reputation change!)
5. If you make a reputation which is considered inappropriate or invalid for any reason you may be asked by a moderator to apply the opposite rep to counteract your original. This case is not a violation of any rules.

A warning will be issued if any of the above rules are broken.
As long as one man goes hungry nobody should eat until everyone is full.

montague
Spiny
Spiny

Re: Reputation Mod

Postby montague » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:43 pm

What is the reputation mod exactly? Sorry I'm new...

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:48 pm

montague wrote:What is the reputation mod exactly? Sorry I'm new...
If you watch on the down-right of someone's post, you can see two mushrooms: one good and one bad. If you click the good one, you can increase the user's reputation, and if you click the bad one, you can decrease the user's reputation. When you want to increase or decrease a user's reputation, you have to write the reason.
im bored

montague
Spiny
Spiny

Postby montague » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:49 pm

Alright. Thank you.

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:19 pm

At the moment, I can't uprep/downrep a user. Is this a bug with the mod itself or what?

Oh, and it's nice how you added the reputation mod rules. This should help a lot of people who have questions regarding the rules, etc.
previously known as Kep

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:39 pm

Kep wrote:At the moment, I can't uprep/downrep a user. Is this a bug with the mod itself or what?

Oh, and it's nice how you added the reputation mod rules. This should help a lot of people who have questions regarding the rules, etc.
It might be a bug since you have more than 100 posts and a positive reputation. An admin might be able to be more specific with what the problem is.
As long as one man goes hungry nobody should eat until everyone is full.

Beyond
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Beyond » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:23 pm

I think I have the same problem (I can't see or use the mod buttons).
I'm back to the SMBX, HOORAY!
Doing some progress in WIP levels and trying to learn more about LunaLua stuff... =3

ImageImageImageImage

bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:39 pm

Beyond wrote:I think I have the same problem (I can't see or use the mod buttons).
That is because you need at least 100 Posts to use the Reputation Function.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:53 pm

These new rules aren't exactly fair, since the entire point of repping someone is because you like/dislike them. These new rules defeat the entire purpose of repping, and flat out make it illegal altogether. I agree with some of them, such as "No upreps for breaking the rules" and stuff like that, but saying "No uprepping people because you like them" makes no sense, and is entirely hypocritical to the entire system. I think some of these rules should be revised a little to make more sense with the rep system, especially since the rep system is not a major part of the forum, but a nice little something that people can boost/decline depending on how they think.

m4sterbr0s
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Chat Username: m4sterbr0s

Postby m4sterbr0s » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:12 pm

Not sure if this was put in other context and I didn't realize it, but don't downrep someone just for breaking the rules only one time, i.e. a new user or one that started to become active.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:03 pm

I forgot to mention this, but the reason why some of you can't rep is because you can only rep 3 times a day with an interval of 6 hours between reps. I edited the first post.
SnifitGuy wrote:since the entire point of repping someone is because you like/dislike them.
That's not the point of the mod at all. The mod exists to reward users with positive encouragement for good posts.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:50 pm

Joey wrote:I forgot to mention this, but the reason why some of you can't rep is because you can only rep 3 times a day with an interval of 6 hours between reps. I edited the first post.
SnifitGuy wrote:since the entire point of repping someone is because you like/dislike them.
That's not the point of the mod at all. The mod exists to reward users with positive encouragement for good posts.
Exactly my point. You rep someone because you like what they post.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:00 pm

That's not what you said.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:08 pm

Joey wrote:That's not what you said.
Yes, it is. Or at least, what I meant, because you don't just like somebody for no reason. You like them because of their posts.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:12 pm

Okay, well, that isn't what you said, so that's why I called you out on it. Still, it has nothing to do with "liking them" - upreps are for good posts.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:35 am

Joey wrote:Okay, well, that isn't what you said, so that's why I called you out on it. Still, it has nothing to do with "liking them" - upreps are for good posts.
I agree, but the first rule can be a little confusing. Just because you like someone makes no sense. I think that if you like them for a good reason, such as they make good projects and such, then they could be uprepped. Can we uprep people for good projects/episodes, graphics, and such?

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: something

Postby silent_ » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:40 am

SnifitGuy wrote:Can we uprep people for good projects/episodes, graphics, and such?
If we couldn't, than FanofSMBX would be permanently banned.

But yes, we can.
previously known as Kep

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:50 pm

SnifitGuy wrote:
Joey wrote:Okay, well, that isn't what you said, so that's why I called you out on it. Still, it has nothing to do with "liking them" - upreps are for good posts.
I agree, but the first rule can be a little confusing. Just because you like someone makes no sense. I think that if you like them for a good reason, such as they make good projects and such, then they could be uprepped. Can we uprep people for good projects/episodes, graphics, and such?
You can uprep people if they make a good project/episode/graphic, but you may not uprep someone just because you like them. The first rule is there also to ensure people don't just uprep eachother because they're friends.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:36 pm

Joey wrote:
SnifitGuy wrote:I agree, but the first rule can be a little confusing. Just because you like someone makes no sense. I think that if you like them for a good reason, such as they make good projects and such, then they could be uprepped. Can we uprep people for good projects/episodes, graphics, and such?
You can uprep people if they make a good project/episode/graphic, but you may not uprep someone just because you like them. The first rule is there also to ensure people don't just uprep eachother because they're friends.
Ok, that makes sense, especially since it can also go with the "outside-the-forum" category.
Last edited by bossedit8 on Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed inside Quotes and more organized

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:46 pm

Question, why can't I rep?
I'll be honest, I'm not sure If I'm gonna come back here...

Return to “Events and Announcements”