Prince Nessy's Level Market

Share your own SMBX levels and play others' too.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
-Showcase all of your levels in one topic.

Which level would you like to recieve a new recepie?

A Land Between Time
50%
Damnaer prei
No votes
Elemental Earth; Sailor of the East A Dangerous Diner (2015)
No votes
Postgame Chapter Promo 999
No votes
Rotten Orange Candy Corn (Icy)
50%

Total votes: 2
Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Current Project: TBA ;)

Prince Nessy's Level Market

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:40 pm

As I continue to look for feedback to find perfect design, I decided to follow along the 2016 level forum.
However, you'll still be able to play some of my more fonding levels like my "City Kirby level", and my "Vanilla Desert level".
Meaning Bald Toad's Peak will get a remake with better looks and features!
Thou these levels can rarely be found in projects or in previous contests, these releases are for you people out there to play!

2015 levels (!Warning! Rotten veggies ahead, composting(feedback) is definitely needed!)
A Dangerous Diner (CC11, 71rst place):
Spoiler: show
Development: June 25th - June 28th, 2015

Desc: Behold, my very first level ever shown to SMBX!
Okay, it's really bad considering it only scored 3.66/10 (Which would be an Animat Seal of Garbage if this was an animated film)
Well, all you do is jump about in a bad lava level, in which you fight Barney the dinosaur, Randall Boggs, and Dark Ness.
In the end, you must plunge them into the lava (optional) and fight Ninten.
You're transported into a SMW area with a Toad who talks about him having a weird dream, and of course you have to fight Villager in the end (updated to be more easier than throwing bombs).
This isn't the original version though, but still this one is just junk overall.
Rotten Orange Candy Corn(Icy):
Development: September - October 4th, 2015

Desc: My worst level made thus far, and it's a complete eye burner to me, don't even bother looking at the screenshot if it hurts your eyes.
Thus the music is copyrighted in both of the two sections that are the only ones that make the level this, and the boss is very bad and the waterfalls... Uh
A Land Between Time:
Development: October 20th - November 30th, 2015

Desc: I'm only satisfied with this one because there aren't many things to do with this one, I could just replace the bosses and use layers and events to remake this level.
This level was what came in mind when I thought of time travel, although the level acquires you to do everything right, the level is still very long and has too much in it.
Mainly when it comes to the Valtteri and Marina boss, time travel power-ups music and lastly the amount of objects used in this.

2016 levels (Sweeteners)
Remake of Frosty Bite Field is coming soon!

Wasabi Find (Turtwig's music contest 3, 1rst place):
August 16th - September 16th, 2016

Desc: Why, I wasn't really interested into the development, but I knew I should've tried it anyway, and it got a score of 7.383/10!
It's based off my own ideas, friendly Buzzys to swarming Cheep Cheeps and single bouncing Fire.
You'll need Lunalua for some of the graphics and the Bullet Bills, and may be a bit longer than three minutes.
Return To Diner Island:
Development: July 30th - August 7th, 2016

Desc: A complete redo of my very first level shown to public, with bosses based off the ones in my other 3 MW3 levels (Warning: May spoil an upcoming level!), it was made via a copy of my CC11 level (I still have the original I just copied it and used it to make this), and removed two sections to make this, thou Ninten is now the main last boss, Villager isn't much of a threat as bombing is a boss rush thing...
Also thanks Sednaiur for making such a lovely tileset back in the past, it's one of my favorite tilesets.
This level will need Lunalua in order to be played, this mainly effects the boss and the Mushrooms falling into lava.
Postgame Chapter Promo 999 (Funky Fresh Contest 4th Place)
Development: April 23rd - June 20th, 2016.

Desc: Please, don't play this if you wish to stay happy.
No seriously, it was all a joke and it has bad mixing, broken graphics, and copyrighted music.
Heck you should play my CC11 over this, like I regreted making something so painful.
The story is basically this; Hey, I'll dress up as Ninten so I can walk into the woods so Mario can save me?!
If that doesn't sound bad enough, then go ahead but remember....
You have been warned!
Some Short Desert Mixed level (SVLC, Friday the 13th place):
Development: March 2016?

Desc: I mean, nothing much as I was happy with only 50 percent of this level, I feared of getting Tier 2 a third time in an official contest, but shockingly I got up to Tier 4.
This level was mainly just all over the place with smb3 stuff and also contains one of my favorite gimmicks, switch block bombing (not in original)!
Nothing to much too say, as the title is stealing words out of my mouth, and unless you know what you're doing you won't get lost, the level is very easy so I don't know how this happened during the judging period(Cherubi score FTW).
I'm glad I didn't stick with the previous idea.
Blood Red Candy Corn (City):
Development: Feb 2016 - April 22nd, 2016

Desc: A Kirby level that had is inspired from CC5, originally made for the Nintendo crossover contest, but wasn't done on time.
This got transferred over to be my submission for Yoshibro's 4th DC but since it's very unlikely that he'll return, I decided to send it for Mix world 3 with my Desert level mid-May.
Contains a mid-boss and a boss, also credit goes to the original creator of the tileset(s).

2017 levels(Beverages)
Japanese Level contest pack (contains two levels):
Average development span: November 28th, 2016 - February 27th, 2017

Damnaer prei development: November 28th, 2016 - February 12th, 2017.
Desc: Well, the level takes place in a wild, free atmosphere and continues on the same world where "Wasabi Find" occurred.
The level isn't too long, but it does change within it's atmosphere at times.
Never the less, some of it is represented by Cambodia, it also uses a theme that represents the Cambodian landscapes however it can be quite confusing due to the open space and usage of switch blocks here and there.
Don't try to rush and explore this level for once.

Toad's Christmas Medley development: December 1st, 2015 (Scrapped) and December 27th, 2016 - February 27th, 2017.
Desc: Based on the NES rom hack, "Toad's Christmas Adventure" but with some changes to make the atmosphere be more impressing since I thought it was too flat.
Yes, you're forced to play as Toad and the level is quite long to span upon all four levels, but at the beginning of each, you immediately touch a checkpoint so it's not all a waste.
There are also some differences that are quite noticeable if you've ever played the rom hack, see if you can find them.
Am I a bit too early?

2019 levels (Woah, who said radicola?)
Cloud 9
Development: July 13th - 29th, 2019
Desc: Just a basic open level that focuses on collecting coins to look for the exits. If you can collect all 16 silver coins, you'll be able to fight the boss. However, collecting every single gold coin in the level will grant you access to the secret exit (which can be found in the mid-boss section). In a nutshell; "Hello, I discovered lunalua coding in a level." All in all, I was gonna make this a joke level, but I decided to take it bit further than that. Enjoy! ~ :)
Memezuh
Memzuh.Memezuh.
Majestic Castle Plains (Remastered)
Development: September 1st - 13th, 2019 & October 4th-10th, 2019
Desc: This is for a secret project. In fact, this is a level that was made to also show a beta version of the episode's visuals. All I can say is, the episode features Luigi and he will function like how he does in the NSMB games. Basic gimmick, and some inspiration to my horrendous SCC level and my 2015 levels. Have a S P O O K Y H A L L O W E E N
Screenshots may not show final file.

Don't worry, our market is expanding as we continue to look for customer support, have a nice day. :3
Second poll has been posted (up until August 31st), and a Space Kingdom is coming soon! :>
Also, I'm back (Latest Update: 6/29/2019).
Last edited by Ness-Wednesday on Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:50 pm, edited 16 times in total.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?
OR

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Re: Nessy's hungry.... Here are some lvls!

Postby Waddle » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:15 pm

I suggest you check out the archived post for your red city level, as I left some criticism there before the topic was archived.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:22 pm

Thanks for the help, I'll remove the dragon coin graphic and replace it soon, but why is it a bad idea to make a Kirby level?
I can change it up a little if it's too much of a major issue.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
(Image is not by me)
OR

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:32 pm

It is by no means a bad idea, however the NPCs just feel out of place in an area like this, and enemies specifically designed to be in cities (with a fire recolour) or some other lava-ish NPCs would probably be more fitting.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:56 am

Official Review of Blood Red Candy Corn by Ness-Wednesday (Reviewer: Linik)

This is a very nice level, and it appears a lot of effort went into it. I can tell how much this is inspired by Crisis City right down to the atmosphere, only this time with Kirby graphics and enemies. The visuals are very stunning, and the ruined, burning city atmosphere is nailed perfectly with the combination of the building tiles and rock tiles, further reinforced by the lava and the apocalyptic background. The decoration also reflects the atmosphere as well; the girders, overhead lights and warning signs fit perfectly into the level's theme, as do the torches and clouds; even using the wood tiles as support beams was a good concept. The music tracks seem to fit fine, but the actual design and gameplay of the level doesn't do as well though. There are some neat ideas in there, such as the sudden rising platforms and the propeller blocks, and the miniboss and boss fights were neat additions which I'll talk about later. However, the entire premise of the level is on switch blocks. At its core, the level is just "hit switch block, platforming, hit switch block, platforming, miniboss, platforming, boss", which is a pretty overused level designing rubric. It should be noted as well that the spikes blend in too well with the background and are hard to see, and the checkpoint is placed too far into the level, which is an indication that the first half is too long and needs some toning down. There are also some points where it's possible to get stuck in the level, such as the fact that it's possible to re-enter the rising platform section, and it's impossible to proceed because the platforms have already risen. Also, the green switch blocks in section 7 will be deactivated when the player approaches them, and there is no way to go back and reactivate them, so the player will be stuck at that point. The NPC placement is pretty good though. The coin placements were good, and the idea of gaining powerups from stomping a certain enemy is a great concept, and while the use of Dragon Coins encourages replay value, there are only 4 of them rather than the expected 5. However, the player is not warned that jumping on the bombs makes them blow up in their face. As for the miniboss, it was really just an ordinary Mouser battle only with the added danger of the overhead flame generator, and the player can just stand in the corner and avoid getting hurt. The boss fight wasn't so good either. While there are cool effects with the projectiles, it's really just waiting for a Billy Gun to spawn where the player is, and then curb-stomping them. It should also be noted that Whispy Woods doesn't fit well into a ruined city setting.

To be honest, this level has some great atmosphere and visuals, but it appears that the focus was on this that the level design appears to suffer from flaws. What should be done though is disabling warps to previous sections so the player doesn't get stuck, and making a green switch block more accessible. This level gets a 7.1/10 from me.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

Aero
Palom
Palom
Flair: Pirate economy
Chat Username: aero

Postby Aero » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:39 pm

Review of Return To Diner Island LIVE:

TL;DW: Image
As long as one man goes hungry nobody should eat until everyone is full.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:31 am

Thanks for the feedback guys, it helps alot! :)

Anyway, I have more levels being made (at least four-five of them), though some may come a bit late as they could be contest levels.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
(Image is not by me)
OR

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:12 pm

Well, that settles it the bad levels that will be posted soon (except for "The Gengar Swamp" because I need to do some checking up on that one), are going to be on a separate part of the OP.
Just for a warning one may be too bright, and the other one too big and long, once they get reviewed, they'll be replaced with a remake, I'm actually not sure how I'm going to do this as I wanted these to be re-reviewed so badly so I can learn from my fails in the past.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
(Image is not by me)
OR

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Re: Nessy's Cake full of levels!

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:54 pm

Update: I added Wasabi Find to the list, also changed the title to be in a bit more of a bigger stage.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
(Image is not by me)
OR

Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... hp?t=16308

Postby Radiance » Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:48 pm

Ness-Wednesday wrote: Wasabi Find
Ness-Wednesday wrote:You'll need Lunalua
I thought it's for LunaDLL. :lol:

And for what is the poll up there?

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:09 am

Mr Briney wrote:
Ness-Wednesday wrote: Wasabi Find
Ness-Wednesday wrote:You'll need Lunalua
I thought it's for LunaDLL. :lol:

And for what is the poll up there?
Lol, I should stop using lunadll and lunalua together.
The pole is for a level I want to make but I can't figure out the theme.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
(Image is not by me)
OR

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:13 am

Update as of 10/08/16: Seems like no one else voted so I'll have to remake the pole with the two for a tie breaker.

Another Update as of 10/26/16: Don't worry, I'm not dead just haven't got interests at anything yet, but soon I'll get back on track!
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
(Image is not by me)
OR

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Re: Nessy's Salad Bar of Levels?!

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon May 29, 2017 11:13 am

Hey guys, now there's a total of ten levels....
Enough for this thread to evolve from a cake to a salad bar!
This includes my very first level, my JLC entries and a 2016 level I never added into the line up.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
(Image is not by me)
OR

Eclipsed
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Re: Nessy's Salad Bar of Levels?!

Postby Eclipsed » Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:55 pm

Ness-Wednesday wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:40 pm

Blood Red Candy Corn (City):
Blood Red Candy Corn
Check Out SMBX Servers List - It Hosts Every SMBX Server

Check out my channel for SMBX content and custom levels

My Best Speedruns:
[WR] Invasion 2 Any% All Characters in 28:28:602

[WR] The Princess Cliche in 7:16:263
[WR]Another Princess Cliche in 23:44:217
[WR] The Great Empire in 15:36:686
[WR]Super Mario Land Returns in 7:18:141
"I am the embodiment of Canada" - Darkonius Makavar

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Re: Nessy's Level Market

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:06 pm

New levels posted:
Cloud 9 and Memezuh are now in stock at the market!
Notice:
2019 Update: After over a year of being away due to some stress, I'm finally back. Furthermore, expect the level quality to start improving between 2019-2020, and I will be releasing at least 5 levels across fall 2019 to Pride Month 2020.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
(Image is not by me)
OR

MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: Prince Nessy's Level Market

Postby MegaDood » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:23 pm

Cloud 9 was an interesting level, but I felt it had a bit too much going on with the BGOs. I understand if it was a joke level though, but overall the level was pretty good.
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:26 am

Reminder that today is the last day to vote. Briefly, one level from the poll will be remade based on the votes.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
(Image is not by me)
OR

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:53 pm

New level released! I was originally gonna have it be peer reviewed, but I didn't want to rush Scroll since School is a major priority. Anyways, Majestic Castle Plains (Remastered) has been released. ~ Enjoy, and don't forget to share feedback! :3
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
(Image is not by me)
OR

Return to “Levels”