The Epic Quest ~ My First SMBX Episode! (Beta Ver. 0.1)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
Unknown68D
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:47 pm
Flair: Positivity!
Current Project: My very first SMBX Episode: The Epic Quest!
Chat Username: Unknown68D
Contact:

The Epic Quest ~ My First SMBX Episode! (Beta Ver. 0.1)

Postby Unknown68D » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:53 am

I have been a long-time player of SMBX for many years to date, and I've been working on this episode on and off for as long as I can remember. This dates back to at LEAST six or seven years ago. After rekindling my motivation for level creating after 2-3 years of inactivity in between, I'm proud to release and an early-access beta version of The Epic Quest!

Essentially, it's more of a traditional episode that takes great inspiration off of the NSMB series, as it features that 8 world types that you all know and love, as well as a secret 9th world! Currently, this beta only features the first seven worlds. The 8th one is in development as we speak, and I hope to have it released by the end of Summer 2020!

Sadly, I don't quite have any art or special graphics to present in this post, but you can check out this link on my Twitter that showcases the world map!
https://twitter.com/Unknown68D_/status/ ... 39138?s=20

Version 0.1 is available for download HERE: https://drive.google.com/open?id=121Es3 ... ChH8YWcPGz

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5142
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Nothing atm
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario
Contact:

Re: The Epic Quest ~ My First SMBX Episode! (Beta Ver. 0.1)

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:58 am

I guess it must've been hard for you to show screenshots in the opening post, but a Twitter video of your SMBX episode is acceptable imo

User avatar
Unknown68D
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:47 pm
Flair: Positivity!
Current Project: My very first SMBX Episode: The Epic Quest!
Chat Username: Unknown68D
Contact:

Re: The Epic Quest ~ My First SMBX Episode! (Beta Ver. 0.1)

Postby Unknown68D » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:10 am

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:58 am
I guess it must've been hard for you to show screenshots in the opening post, but a Twitter video of your SMBX episode is acceptable imo
Not really, I’m just pressed for time currently and just wanted to get this out there. I may update this post in the future once I get more used to the forums.

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4969
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: The Epic Quest ~ My First SMBX Episode! (Beta Ver. 0.1)

Postby Cedur » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:04 pm

Very interesting project! You should update the post as soon as possible; do you need help on how to post screenshots?
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Unknown68D
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:47 pm
Flair: Positivity!
Current Project: My very first SMBX Episode: The Epic Quest!
Chat Username: Unknown68D
Contact:

Re: The Epic Quest ~ My First SMBX Episode! (Beta Ver. 0.1)

Postby Unknown68D » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:08 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:04 pm
Very interesting project! You should update the post as soon as possible; do you need help on how to post screenshots?
That would be greatly appreciated, Cedur! While I do know how to post screenshots, I'm not exactly sure of how to do so the most efficiently and effectively. From what I've seen, posts from members around the community can take great screenshots and provided detailed, coloured banners that engage the eye. If you have experience in this regard, I'd be so thankful to obtain some advice in these regards as well! :)

P.S. Would you like to friend me so we can discuss this more in-depth. I'll send you a request since you've been replying a lot to my posts. This decision is entirely up to you! No pressure. ;)

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4969
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: The Epic Quest ~ My First SMBX Episode! (Beta Ver. 0.1)

Postby Cedur » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:23 am

When playing in SMBX2, pressing F12 will automatically create an image file of your current screen in the screenshots folder; it already has the desired dimensions of 800x600. Next step is just uploading these files to a hosting service (I recommend Imgur) and then embed them in the post with [img] tags.

(also there's no friend request on the forums; the Friends feature does basically nothing; you should go on Discord for this)
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Unknown68D
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:47 pm
Flair: Positivity!
Current Project: My very first SMBX Episode: The Epic Quest!
Chat Username: Unknown68D
Contact:

Re: The Epic Quest ~ My First SMBX Episode! (Beta Ver. 0.1)

Postby Unknown68D » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:27 am

Cedur wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:23 am
When playing in SMBX2, pressing F12 will automatically create an image file of your current screen in the screenshots folder; it already has the desired dimensions of 800x600. Next step is just uploading these files to a hosting service (I recommend Imgur) and then embed them in the post with [img] tags.

(also there's no friend request on the forums; the Friends feature does basically nothing; you should go on Discord for this)
Ah! I knew this already, but thanks anyway! I'll go through my episode when I have time and post the most captivating screenshots I can. Once I update this post, I'll let you know! I think I'll take one from each world as a good starting point. Thanks! :)

If you'd like to friend me, you can do so @Unknown68D#0308. No obligation or anything, of course! :)


Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest