Lowser's Conquest (relowserd!)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Hani
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Spring 봄

Re: Lowser's Conquest (Some levels refined)

Postby Hani » Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:07 pm

It looks really nice, the lava from the Ant Zone didn't change? The coins look way better, better shading and lighting to be honest. How does your question block rotate? When I tried it was horrible.

bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:35 am

Yay for more SML2 levels! Also I'm curious how the sky level with that chain chomp enemy and pipes with flames is played, the upside down castle and that chess level still because I've seen that chess level back then and I'm still curious as of how it's played now. Well I'm curious of all of your levels of course haha. Looking forward to more progress!

Gameinsky
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Gameinsky » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:25 am

this all makes me so sad that there won't be another demo, I mean it looks like there's still about a year of progress left to do.
You found my hidden signature... OH NO!

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Flair: Daily life of Alagirez
Current Project: Questioning my life
Chat Username: Alagirez

Postby WerewolfGD » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:34 pm

A woooo the refined level looks better and more HD-ish! (Especially the Cheeseboard(?) and the Beanstalk level ones (wait, how you can resize the beanstalk Bgo? it looks very big))
Great job ;)

A former SMBX level designner
If you want to to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056
Also a furry

YT Channel |MxW2 for those who wants it
My osu! Profile | My twitter

Awooo!

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=6769&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:33 am

I hope Spinda does not delete this message.
Sednaiur wrote:A bunch of levels got a little lift over:
Now, the second fortress in world 6 (which has the theme of being turned upside-down and rightside-up several times to advance) had it's boss not finished, because I simply forgot to do so. I feared therewould not be a sufficient amount of events and layers left for the boss, but it fits just to the last layer and event (99 used). Now there is a topsy turvy dumb dum in my project too, which already fears to get even harder headaches than usual. ^^
Also, most of the levels outside worlds 4, 5, and 6 are now done. The most work per level should be done when world 4 is finished.
That space level with the Chainchops looks like a nice factory. Is that world 7? Really can not way for that one. The upside down castle looks neat. Is it basically the same gimmick that Chad did a few years ago? I also like the use of the foreground pillars from Star Snatcher as well. I wonder what world this factory is in. Looks neat. Are those conveyor belts? The beanstalk looks decent and the clouds also are done justice. Also; Checkers = Roto-Disks?
Gameinsky wrote:this all makes me so sad that there won't be another demo, I mean it looks like there's still about a year of progress left to do.
Well, Wraith Adamknight and myself are apparently getting a visual beta sometime this year so we can record it. When I record it, I will be aiming to 100% the portion I get.
Camacho wrote:A woooo the refined level looks better and more HD-ish! (Especially the Cheeseboard(?) and the Beanstalk level ones (wait, how you can resize the beanstalk Bgo? it looks very big))
Great job ;)
Umm, well, you know you can stack a BackGround-Object on top of another one. that is probably what he did. It is most likely made of multiple BG-Os and NonPlayerCharacters.
bossedit8 wrote:Yay for more SML2 levels! Also I'm curious how the sky level with that chain chomp enemy and pipes with flames is played, the upside down castle and that chess level still because I've seen that chess level back then and I'm still curious as of how it's played now. Well I'm curious of all of your levels of course haha. Looking forward to more progress!
I am looking forward to the SuperMarioLand2 levels the least. (In all honesty, Sednauir already knows how much I am looking forward to his Nuclear level. :UtsuhoReiuji: Image)

Anyway, The SML2 levels seem to require the player to 100% them coin wise.
Catastrophe wrote:
Sednaiur wrote:Thank you all for the interest and comments. It is always nice to get feedback and suggestions like this. :-D

Catastrophe wrote:The shadow of the platforms in the temple level is much better since the old one is really bad. Right now World 3 looks great. For the Jupiter portrait from the toad house maybe you can draw one... :)
Yes, the old shadow was looking bad. Now it also animates with the platforms and does not stay still like before. Also, thank you.
Mako-chan is addictive. Always be drawing the symbol. And the shadow animates? Boy, you better make a youtube channel and upload how to videos. :)
I replied to this one, but Spinda deleted the post for some reason. (Asking for it to be done with Private Messages). The reason that was not a private message because I think you and Sednauir are both needed in the message. It affects you both. I can make the videos showing how Sednauir does some of the things he has done in SMBX. (Not graphically, just implementing of gimmicks). The rising platforms from world fours fortress are used in my CC8 level and CC10 level. As for the Spinning Screws, I also replicated that in my CC8 level. That is why I say I am capable of making the videos you requested.

Anyway, I hope that answers my part.

ImageImageImage

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: Lowser's Conquest "Relowserd"

Re: Lowser's Conquest (Again, some more screenshots)

Postby Sednaiur » Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:41 pm

I checked some more levels and fixed some stuff up, like the boss of world 4 which I didn't touch in almost 3 years. xD

One thing I noticed is, that for no apparent reason SMBX does not correctly assign an hidden NPC (no matter if a koopa trooper, goomba, or any other NPC like this) in a layer to another NPC which has the layer of the first NPC attached, even though, it does it correct for other people (best example: Mario Classic, the first world's boss Giant Goomba which has 5 hidden layers all attached to each other and following the NPCs perfectly). Whenever I do it, the hidden NPC is either shown at the spot where I placed it, or it dosn't show up at all.
I wasted 3 hours to figure out anything that could be done about it, just to see that I may entirely scrap Wario as a boss how I inteded him to be (like in SML2) because either SMBX nor PGE can work properly for me in this regard. -.-
On the other hand, the level itself works fine, so maybe Wario isn't home when the player passes his castle, who knows. :-/

Anyways, here are the screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Most of the levels are checked and updated now. Only around 15 to 20 levels left to do, and 5 levels to rebuild from scratch, before I can release the "Visual beta". :-)
Catastrophe wrote:It looks really nice, the lava from the Ant Zone didn't change? The coins look way better, better shading and lighting to be honest. How does your question block rotate? When I tried it was horrible.
Thank you.
The lava did change a bit, but I changed it after I took the screenshot and forgot to recapture the change. It is not too significant, though. You may see when you get to play the full version, if you like. :-)
My questionblock rotates in 90 degree-frames, which means the question mark quickly turns into a exclamation mark and back. It is not really difficult to do, but once I implement luna.lua into my project, I will use more frames for some of the blocks.
bossedit8 wrote:Yay for more SML2 levels! Also I'm curious how the sky level with that chain chomp enemy and pipes with flames is played, the upside down castle and that chess level still because I've seen that chess level back then and I'm still curious as of how it's played now. Well I'm curious of all of your levels of course haha. Looking forward to more progress!
The area with the Pain Chomp and the pipes with fires is part of the space tower-level. You get there shortly after getting the checkpoint and it is just a short part outside where you further ascend the tower.
Thank you for the interest in my project. I am really eager to finish it up already, even knowing that it still takes a little while (35 levels after the refinement is done) I will not stop until it is done. :-)
Gameinsky wrote:this all makes me so sad that there won't be another demo, I mean it looks like there's still about a year of progress left to do.
Yes, it may still take a while to finish, but it will be done within the next year, and it will not be in the end of the next year, either. ;-)
The thing about the refining is, that wouldn't I do it now, I would need to do it afterwards, so I rather like to do it now, since it will also keep the quality of later levels a bit higher. But I thank you for your patience. It shall not be for nothing. ^^
Camacho wrote:A woooo the refined level looks better and more HD-ish! (Especially the Cheeseboard(?) and the Beanstalk level ones (wait, how you can resize the beanstalk Bgo? it looks very big))
Great job ;)
Thanks. :-D
The checkerboard bastion did not change so much, as I just updated small details of it. But I put the screenshots of levels without many changes there too, because I like to have screenshots of most things.
The beanstalk consists of 2 different main BGOs stacked atop each other again and again, so it is really just a cheap trick I played there. :-P
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I hope Spinda does not delete this message.
That space level with the Chainchops looks like a nice factory. Is that world 7? Really can not way for that one. The upside down castle looks neat. Is it basically the same gimmick that Chad did a few years ago? I also like the use of the foreground pillars from Star Snatcher as well. I wonder what world this factory is in. Looks neat. Are those conveyor belts? The beanstalk looks decent and the clouds also are done justice. Also; Checkers = Roto-Disks?
The area with the "Pain Chomp" is from the space tower, so you will get to it there. :-)
The "Buzzsaw Bastion" is located in world 4 and it is part of an optional sidequest where the player may beat up 3 hidden bosses -each with it's own bastion- to take several short cuts from one world to another. Its not much of a shortcut as there are other optional levels before the bastions, but it sure cuts down by around 3 to 5 levels each time.
I don't know about what gimmick of Chad you talk, since I do not know about it, but in my level you simply walk forward and find some really huge switches that turn the fortress upside-down. The markable thing is, that when you beat any enemies or hit any blocks on your way, it will affect the flipped side of the fortress aswell. So you best beat up every enemy you encounter, or it may affect you afterwards. ;-)
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I am looking forward to the SuperMarioLand2 levels the least. (In all honesty, Sednauir already knows how much I am looking forward to his Nuclear level. :UtsuhoReiuji: Image)

Anyway, The SML2 levels seem to require the player to 100% them coin wise.
That was like this before, but I changed that up a bit. The "Coin-challenge" you already know, is now only in two or three of the SML2-levels, as there are now some more challenges like "Spare me-challenge", "Scapegoat-challenge", or "Hollow-challenge". I think that this is not as boring as always collecting coins only.
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Catastrophe wrote:Mako-chan is addictive. Always be drawing the symbol. And the shadow animates? Boy, you better make a youtube channel and upload how to videos. :)
I can make the videos showing how Sednauir (please refer to me as "Sednaiur" ^^)does some of the things he has done in SMBX. (Not graphically, just implementing of gimmicks). The rising platforms from world fours fortress are used in my CC8 level and CC10 level. As for the Spinning Screws, I also replicated that in my CC8 level. That is why I say I am capable of making the videos you requested.
This would be an idea since I cannot do videos of any sort. Maybe in the future but not now.
Also, my little mechanigs are often more graphical than logical, so it is rather easy to do them. :-P

愛している、ビアンカ!

Lua-rank:Image

Ethereality
Banned
Current Project: New Super Mario World - Bowser's Vengeance (SMW Hack)

Re: Lowser's Conquest (Again, more screenshots)

Postby Ethereality » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:06 pm

Wow, The graphics looks incredible! Looks like SMB3 HD (High Resolution) is superb! When release this full version? Can't wait for this full version! Keep up, Sednaiur! I excited more updates! ;)

I support projects:

ImageImage

I support GFX Packs:

My projects:

Coming soon...

My awesome IRC quotes:

<Berkian> My username "Berkian" congrats 2 years in SMBX!!! YAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!
Damn, RudeGuy! You are devil!

What Mario Character are you?
Your Result: Mario
Your Result is: Mario! You love to dance and you hate getting trapped by Bowser, your worst foe. What can be worse than getting trapped by Bowser, anyways?
Result Breakdown:
60% Mario
60% Luigi
60% Yoshi
20% Princess Peach
0% Wario

Quiz Created on GoTo Quiz

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:54 pm

Sednaiur wrote:One thing I noticed is, that for no apparent reason SMBX does not correctly assign an hidden NPC (no matter if a koopa trooper, goomba, or any other NPC like this) in a layer to another NPC which has the layer of the first NPC attached, even though, it does it correct for other people (best example: Mario Classic, the first world's boss Giant Goomba which has 5 hidden layers all attached to each other and following the NPCs perfectly). Whenever I do it, the hidden NPC is either shown at the spot where I placed it, or it dosn't show up at all.
I wasted 3 hours to figure out anything that could be done about it, just to see that I may entirely scrap Wario as a boss how I inteded him to be (like in SML2) because either SMBX nor PGE can work properly for me in this regard. -.-
NPC 1: Attached to NPC 2
NPC 2: Attached to NPC 3 and so on. (Just do make sure they are the same height)

AS for the Space tower, yay, I guessed it right. ^_^

ImageImageImage

bossedit8
Toad
Toad

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:24 am

The problem with multiple attached NPCs, they tend to glitch out after you either optain a power up and when you srink it aka getting hit (as in transformations from small to big, big to small and more such as fire flowers, ice flowers and more...) as in if you get hit at the first form, the second form works alright even after you get hit at the first form but once you get to the 3rd form (and onwards) it got borked as in the layer got messed up while being hidden by another hidden layer that are attached to it during transformations at the player which is really weird and that breaks the boss entirely like either if they spawn at the wrong spot or not appearing at all as in appearing offscreen, unable to advance.

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:30 pm

Ethereality wrote:Wow, The graphics looks incredible! Looks like SMB3 HD (High Resolution) is superb! When release this full version? Can't wait for this full version! Keep up, Sednaiur! I excited more updates! ;)
Thank you very much for liking my work. ^^
About a release date, I cannot really accurately predict it, as I proved in the past (I moved the expected release date already 3 or 4 times xD) but about one thing I am really sure. It will probably released somewhere next year. Once my refining of the levels is done, there is really only two things to do. Constructing the needed levels and then implement luna.lua into my episode. :-)
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:NPC 1: Attached to NPC 2
NPC 2: Attached to NPC 3 and so on. (Just do make sure they are the same height)

AS for the Space tower, yay, I guessed it right. ^_^
Yes, I already know about how to do it (and I tested really pretty much everything about it, being friendly NPCs, NPCs with a base value of 0 speed, moving NPCs, NPCs with certain behaviors or IDs), but as Bossedit8 already says - it glitches out for no reason. It seems to work fine in Super Mario Classic, so I don't get why not for me and my boss. But at least I am not alone with this problem.
It only works with one additional NPC attached to a layer, as each NPC after that may glitch out horribly. But at least it works for one NPC each attachment, which already made some custom NPCs possible for me, like Kani-kun who works almost like in SMB3 (taking 2 hits to be destroyed and getting faster in the process). ^^
bossedit8 wrote:The problem with multiple attached NPCs, they tend to glitch out after you either optain a power up and when you srink it aka getting hit (as in transformations from small to big, big to small and more such as fire flowers, ice flowers and more...) as in if you get hit at the first form, the second form works alright even after you get hit at the first form but once you get to the 3rd form (and onwards) it got borked as in the layer got messed up while being hidden by another hidden layer that are attached to it during transformations at the player which is really weird and that breaks the boss entirely like either if they spawn at the wrong spot or not appearing at all as in appearing offscreen, unable to advance.
Back when I made this boss, I also noticed that thing about it glitching out when the player gets hit, so I was surprised and put the work on the boss on hold. But back then I thought it was because of the way I had set up the layer-attachment. I used a friendly NPC that gets shown for 2 seconds as soon as the boss get's hit, as kind of invincibility frames, so it would look like a real boss and not just like a bunch of NPCs stacked behind each other. But I used only one layer that would get shown each time any of the other boss-NPCs get destroyed, so I thought because of this it would glitch out. So I made a layer containing a invincibility frame-NPC for each boss's hit and the result was even worse (the method I used before at least made sure that the NPCs would always spawn where the last one got destroyed, unless the player get hit). But now, I scrap that idea.
But the good thing for me is, that I just got another idea for the boss. It will work to 100% and it even circumvents the problem with the boss spawning illogically out of nowhere after he got hit. It will be fun and to me it will be even better than the original fight was meant to be.

Once it is done, I will post an update of it. ^^

愛している、ビアンカ!

bossedit8
Toad
Toad

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:22 am

Yeah, what you can do is putting like a lot of NPCs that attaches each of the hidden layers without borking it which I never really intend to do that on my Fry Guy boss apparently back then even though I already put like 2 smw lakitus at the same place haha. Anyway, still wish ya good luck on this project!

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: Lowser's Conquest (trivial work done)

Postby Sednaiur » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:45 am

I just finished some trivial work onto stuff like transition pipe levels and toad houses. Now, there is not a singe warp pipe left to do, save for one that leads to world 9, since it is a real level the first time you play it, and then turns into a usual transition pipe after collecting a rainbow star in it.
I asked myself how many kinds of different transition pipes I had so far, o I counted them. The amount of warp pipe levels in my project is 52 (counting the actual levels, not the level-icons).
Yes, It could be that I like warp pipes in Super Mario. xD

I also could finally sort out any problems with my wario boss. Now Wario fights the intruders with a new skill, which is the so called mirage technique. Wario is rather proud of this one. xD
I think overall the boss is now a bit better than it would have been before, wouldn't it be for the bugs it had.

My progress on the project gets also a safety backup again, since I last did one around 2 weeks ago. I do not know how long my notebook will survive, since it shows signs of cybernetic doom (it got really slow over the course of the past month), and it is already 7 years old, too.
bossedit8 wrote:Yeah, what you can do is putting like a lot of NPCs that attaches each of the hidden layers without borking it which I never really intend to do that on my Fry Guy boss apparently back then even though I already put like 2 smw lakitus at the same place haha. Anyway, still wish ya good luck on this project!
I also wouldn't do that, because I think it will mess up a lot of other elements, event-wise. Fortunately the solution I had in mind worked without any bugs so far (I tested it roughly 8 times by now and no bugs occured) so I am happy now. ^^
Also, thank you very much - situations like these show us how much luck we can use sometimes.

愛している、ビアンカ!

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Flair: Daily life of Alagirez
Current Project: Questioning my life
Chat Username: Alagirez

Postby WerewolfGD » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:18 am

Refined levels? Wow i really love the ice level, (and other screens too, looks pawsome!)
Wario is a boss?

A former SMBX level designner
If you want to to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056
Also a furry

YT Channel |MxW2 for those who wants it
My osu! Profile | My twitter

Awooo!

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:00 am

Camacho wrote:Refined levels? Wow i really love the ice level, (and other screens too, looks pawsome!)
Wario is a boss?
Wario is a boss in Luigi's Fight for the mushroom Kingdom and is considered to be the bad version of Mario, so I would not be surprised.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:18 pm

Sednaiur wrote:I just finished some trivial work onto stuff like transition pipe levels and toad houses. Now, there is not a singe warp pipe left to do, save for one that leads to world 9, since it is a real level the first time you play it, and then turns into a usual transition pipe after collecting a rainbow star in it.
I asked myself how many kinds of different transition pipes I had so far, o I counted them. The amount of warp pipe levels in my project is 52 (counting the actual levels, not the level-icons).
Yes, It could be that I like warp pipes in Super Mario. xD

I also could finally sort out any problems with my wario boss. Now Wario fights the intruders with a new skill, which is the so called mirage technique. Wario is rather proud of this one. xD
I think overall the boss is now a bit better than it would have been before, wouldn't it be for the bugs it had.

My progress on the project gets also a safety backup again, since I last did one around 2 weeks ago. I do not know how long my notebook will survive, since it shows signs of cybernetic doom (it got really slow over the course of the past month), and it is already 7 years old, too.
bossedit8 wrote:Yeah, what you can do is putting like a lot of NPCs that attaches each of the hidden layers without borking it which I never really intend to do that on my Fry Guy boss apparently back then even though I already put like 2 smw lakitus at the same place haha. Anyway, still wish ya good luck on this project!
I also wouldn't do that, because I think it will mess up a lot of other elements, event-wise. Fortunately the solution I had in mind worked without any bugs so far (I tested it roughly 8 times by now and no bugs occured) so I am happy now. ^^
Also, thank you very much - situations like these show us how much luck we can use sometimes.
Okay, I am scared about your warp pipe count. I will ask this though. How many different icons do you have for warp pipes? Also, will that final warp pipe also be able to be replayed for the normal level that is in it, or is it a permanent event that locks the level? Also, I am sorry about your notebook. Sounds like it soon will be in worse condition than my PC. (Which I will not be getting for another two months.) Either-way, the screens look nice either way. Will you still use the level for Cheater's Exile? May be a bad joke to those that know the secret code, but I did like the music. Also, I wonder how many of the tiles you used past 328 on the world map^_^

ImageImageImage

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:07 pm

Camacho wrote:Refined levels? Wow i really love the ice level, (and other screens too, looks pawsome!)
Wario is a boss?
Thank you. ^o^
Yes, Wario is a boss in my episode. He is somekind of friends with "Loozer The Loosehanded" (previously known as "Clarence The Pickpocket") since both are really greedy and always in search for more coins. In general, Wario is more of a funny bonus appearance in my little project, since I always liked him and his funny behavior. Every now and then he occurs here and there, but he does not play a major role in the plot, just a minor one, for fun.

P.S: Your avatar looks nice. A cool wolf guy. ^^
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Okay, I am scared about your warp pipe count. I will ask this though. How many different icons do you have for warp pipes? Also, will that final warp pipe also be able to be replayed for the normal level that is in it, or is it a permanent event that locks the level? Also, I am sorry about your notebook. Sounds like it soon will be in worse condition than my PC. (Which I will not be getting for another two months.) Either-way, the screens look nice either way. Will you still use the level for Cheater's Exile? May be a bad joke to those that know the secret code, but I did like the music. Also, I wonder how many of the tiles you used past 328 on the world map^_^
Don't worry about the count of the warp pipes, you will not even really recognise these much, while playing.
Also, one of them hides a secret exit to two hidden levels.
I didn't count all the level-icons, but there are at least twice as many, as there are actual level-files for them.
The final (or best to say pre-final) warp pipe's level part is played only once, so the event is permenent. But this will be no problem since there will be no Bishoujo pics or anything that could be missed.
The story behind it will be clear to you, once you get that far.
About the cheaters exile, for now it may be a joke for cheaters knowing the hidden cheat code, but next time you play my project, you will not get a use out of that cheat code, since I will alter the cheats (so there is no "illparkwhereiwant" anymore), so they do not work anymore. :-P But cheats like speed demon or framerate will still be functional, since they are more like trivial things than something that can be used to cheat a level. Afterall I want my game to be played fairly... at least the first time. ;-)
But yes, there will be a new level for cheaters to get to, if they menage to somehow cheat. Best be on your guard for these. ^^ And when I finally implement luna.LUA into my episode (which will happen at the very end, when I have done all other work) I also will think about nice little punishments for cheaters, like warping them into a level without bottom, and enabling "auto restart level on death" or something. xD
Also, if you wonder about the music in the cheater's exile, it is from the PSX game "Parasite Eve 2" and called "Pick Up The Gauntlet".

For the tiles past 328, I used all of them up to tile-400. I also used all sceneries up to scene-87 for now, but this will also sure increase to scene-100. I used levels up to level-45, and all 100 different path slots got used. There is no way you could play my episode in an unmodified version of SMBX 1.3 or higher. I even will need to edit a version of 2.0 because as it seems, there are plenty of bugs with that version too, if not properly set up for my episode beforehand.

愛している、ビアンカ!

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:23 pm

Sednaiur wrote:
Wario is a boss?
Thank you. ^o^
Yes, Wario is a boss in my episode. He is somekind of friends with "Loozer The Loosehanded" (previously known as "Clarence The Pickpocket") since both are really greedy and always in search for more coins. In general, Wario is more of a funny bonus appearance in my little project, since I always liked him and his funny behavior. Every now and then he occurs here and there, but he does not play a major role in the plot, just a minor one, for fun.

P.S: Your avatar looks nice. A cool wolf guy. ^^
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:Okay, I am scared about your warp pipe count. I will ask this though. How many different icons do you have for warp pipes? Also, will that final warp pipe also be able to be replayed for the normal level that is in it, or is it a permanent event that locks the level? Also, I am sorry about your notebook. Sounds like it soon will be in worse condition than my PC. (Which I will not be getting for another two months.) Either-way, the screens look nice either way. Will you still use the level for Cheater's Exile? May be a bad joke to those that know the secret code, but I did like the music. Also, I wonder how many of the tiles you used past 328 on the world map^_^
Don't worry about the count of the warp pipes, you will not even really recognise these much, while playing.
Also, one of them hides a secret exit to two hidden levels.
I didn't count all the level-icons, but there are at least twice as many, as there are actual level-files for them.
The final (or best to say pre-final) warp pipe's level part is played only once, so the event is permenent. But this will be no problem since there will be no Bishoujo pics or anything that could be missed.
The story behind it will be clear to you, once you get that far.
About the cheaters exile, for now it may be a joke for cheaters knowing the hidden cheat code, but next time you play my project, you will not get a use out of that cheat code, since I will alter the cheats (so there is no "illparkwhereiwant" anymore), so they do not work anymore. :-P But cheats like speed demon or framerate will still be functional, since they are more like trivial things than something that can be used to cheat a level. Afterall I want my game to be played fairly... at least the first time. ;-)
But yes, there will be a new level for cheaters to get to, if they menage to somehow cheat. Best be on your guard for these. ^^ And when I finally implement luna.LUA into my episode (which will happen at the very end, when I have done all other work) I also will think about nice little punishments for cheaters, like warping them into a level without bottom, and enabling "auto restart level on death" or something. xD
Also, if you wonder about the music in the cheater's exile, it is from the PSX game "Parasite Eve 2" and called "Pick Up The Gauntlet".

For the tiles past 328, I used all of them up to tile-400. I also used all sceneries up to scene-87 for now, but this will also sure increase to scene-100. I used levels up to level-45, and all 100 different path slots got used. There is no way you could play my episode in an unmodified version of SMBX 1.3 or higher. I even will need to edit a version of 2.0 because as it seems, there are plenty of bugs with that version too, if not properly set up for my episode beforehand.
I mean, if someone wanted to play the level again after beating it. Locking a player out of the level for beating it is not a good thing if you ask me. I know it is easy to do but still. Some of those are quite mean. Also, I used "Shadowstar" to get to the other-side of the 45 star door. I just wanted to show users what was on the other side. I forgot if I even recorded that though. Also, what is buggy with 2.0? I know I use beta 3, but what is wrong with the way it is set up?

ImageImageImage

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:36 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I mean, if someone wanted to play the level again after beating it. Locking a player out of the level for beating it is not a good thing if you ask me. I know it is easy to do but still. Some of those are quite mean. Also, I used "Shadowstar" to get to the other-side of the 45 star door. I just wanted to show users what was on the other side. I forgot if I even recorded that though. Also, what is buggy with 2.0? I know I use beta 3, but what is wrong with the way it is set up?
I think I know what you mean, but I am sure that no one likes to play a level over and over, just to get to the final world. The reason why you can finish this level only once, is that you kind of fix the broken warp pipe by collecting a rainbow star that Lowser uses to prevent intruders from venture into his underground lands. It is meant like the ghost ship from Super Mario World, which you may play more times, but you usually never do because it has no use after finishing it once.

As you know, SMBX 2.0 can read png files because luna.lua "teaches" it how to do. But according to several peoples post in my SMBXpanded thread, for them not everything works fine, or other glitches happen while using SMBX with luna.lua, so I highly assume that the .lua codes that tell SMBX to read .pngs for them are kinda set up for each file individually (that is just a guess by me), so, every single file not included in that .lua code seems to either cause bugs (like not being able to use some container-NPCs with my SMBXpanded package) or not getting read by SMBX to show up. And if I remember correctly, you also have problems with my SMBXpanded package. And there are also the new custom elements from SMBX 2.0, like the custom blocks and NPCs, that I already use for other purposes in my episode (after all, I utilized them before SMBX 2.0 did) so this also needs to be fixed. ^^

愛している、ビアンカ!

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:40 pm

Sednaiur wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I mean, if someone wanted to play the level again after beating it. Locking a player out of the level for beating it is not a good thing if you ask me. I know it is easy to do but still. Some of those are quite mean. Also, I used "Shadowstar" to get to the other-side of the 45 star door. I just wanted to show users what was on the other side. I forgot if I even recorded that though. Also, what is buggy with 2.0? I know I use beta 3, but what is wrong with the way it is set up?
I think I know what you mean, but I am sure that no one likes to play a level over and over, just to get to the final world. The reason why you can finish this level only once, is that you kind of fix the broken warp pipe by collecting a rainbow star that Lowser uses to prevent intruders from venture into his underground lands. It is meant like the ghost ship from Super Mario World, which you may play more times, but you usually never do because it has no use after finishing it once.

As you know, SMBX 2.0 can read png files because luna.lua "teaches" it how to do. But according to several peoples post in my SMBXpanded thread, for them not everything works fine, or other glitches happen while using SMBX with luna.lua, so I highly assume that the .lua codes that tell SMBX to read .pngs for them are kinda set up for each file individually (that is just a guess by me), so, every single file not included in that .lua code seems to either cause bugs (like not being able to use some container-NPCs with my SMBXpanded package) or not getting read by SMBX to show up. And if I remember correctly, you also have problems with my SMBXpanded package. And there are also the new custom elements from SMBX 2.0, like the custom blocks and NPCs, that I already use for other purposes in my episode (after all, I utilized them before SMBX 2.0 did) so this also needs to be fixed. ^^
As for the new NPCs and blocks, I actually mentioned it to you before hand... as for that warp pipe, I think you should always be able to play the "Broken warp pipe", but still. Fixing the pipe is good, not forcing the player to redo the level is good. ...but not allowing the player to do it again if they want is still weird. If someone practicing for speed runs, it hurts them as well.

ImageImageImage

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: Lowser's Conquest (more levels updated)

Postby Sednaiur » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:29 am

Currently I am updating the levels in world 7, which mostly means adding checkpoints to them.
But I also updated several graphics in these levels too, like some NPCs and the icy and fcold wood tilesets:
World 7 is almost done, since I only need to make a new NPC for the boss there. After that, world 6 will be updated. :-)

愛している、ビアンカ!

Return to “Projects”