Airship Attack 2

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Airship Attack 2

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:55 pm

Spoiler: show
It's time for a sequel to Airship Attack which is Airship Attack 2! This time it takes place on completly different islands where Peach's Castle is actually located rather than in Airship Attack...

World 1 Full:
Original link: http://i.imgur.com/QadlAZA.png

World 2 Beta:
Original link: http://i.imgur.com/1FMFRj2.png

One random level:
Original link: http://i.imgur.com/GaJBALf.png

World 1 Castle:
Original link: http://i.imgur.com/MMGEDQ5.png

World 2 contents:
Original link: http://i.imgur.com/yhwIILX.png

World 4 Map:
Original link: http://i.imgur.com/fytc41x.png
Videos:

Original links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFVM4FKUkMs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaaPc75_ns8

Original links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUYMRlP_2bI http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O6_f3KOIeQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiMwBXES7eQ

Download:
Download Airship Attack 2 Version 0.4.1 beta here!

Enjoy for now! Later on there will be updates for sure but everything takes time for now!
Last edited by bossedit8 on Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: idk lol

Re: Airship Attack 2

Postby Snessy the duck » Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:00 am

I think it would be a good idea to reupload the AA2 screens you posted in the screenshot thread here! Also, has any more progress been made on this?

My Switch friend code: SW-5399-6466-3493

bossedit8
Toad
Toad

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:28 am

Screenshots will be separated onto this area to be more surprised as of what's gonna happen here. About progress, relatively slow, still working on World 3 and there's still a lot of content missing... I've not been working on this for a while and such.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:46 am

bossedit8 wrote:Screenshots will be separated onto this area to be more surprised as of what's gonna happen here. About progress, relatively slow, still working on World 3 and there's still a lot of content missing... I've not been working on this for a while and such.
That's completely fine! As long as you're making progress on this awesome episode, I'm completely fine with that!

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Postby Witchking666 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:25 pm

As I allready told you on discord, your project looks amazing so far and it will undoubtably be that way when It's done. Everything you have shown me both on discord and the forums has looked spot-on (aside from the horrible blue ghost house entrance). Looking forward to this!
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

bossedit8
Toad
Toad

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:55 pm

witchking666 wrote:aside from the horrible blue ghost house entrance
Blue grass has been changed to white!

Beta:

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:02 pm

bossedit8 wrote:
witchking666 wrote:aside from the horrible blue ghost house entrance
Blue grass has been changed to white!

Beta:

Will that be like 3-Airship? It looks goo though.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

bossedit8
Toad
Toad

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:02 am

King of Eterity wrote:Will that be like 3-Airship? It looks goo though.
It's actually 3-7. There's gonna be another level that literally called 3-airship where you're onboard while 3-7 is the level where the airships are attacking the ground and such.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:09 pm

bossedit8 wrote:
King of Eterity wrote:Will that be like 3-Airship? It looks goo though.
It's actually 3-7. There's gonna be another level that literally called 3-airship where you're onboard while 3-7 is the level where the airships are attacking the ground and such.
So will 3-Airship be the level that follows?
And when do you expect the next update to come out?
Also, I would suggest not letting us into an empty world or empty area of a world because it when we update the game, when the non-existent levels are introduced, it breaks the map and requires us to restart.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:30 pm

So, I have a question. Will this episode be using LunaLUA? I'm assuming the answer is no, but with LUA, it would be possible to add a lot of new cool features to this episode, such as multiple checkpoints and the ability to see what stars you've collected in a level from the map without going to a seperate level! And considering most people use LUA nowadays, I think it would be a great addition to this cool episode!

bossedit8
Toad
Toad

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:09 pm

King of Eterity wrote:So will 3-Airship be the level that follows?
Pretty much.
King of Eterity wrote:And when do you expect the next update to come out?
Completly unknown... World 3 needs to be finished and a lot of levels are still missing.
King of Eterity wrote:I would suggest not letting us into an empty world or empty area of a world because it when we update the game, when the non-existent levels are introduced, it breaks the map and requires us to restart.
That would require me to think further ahead as of what the world map should be without any future modifications to the game itself to prevent from breaking the save file and that's gonna be a very tough one to do especially the amount of stars this game will have at the end and such.
Snessy the duck wrote:Will this episode be using LunaLUA? I'm assuming the answer is no, but with LUA, it would be possible to add a lot of new cool features to this episode, such as multiple checkpoints and the ability to see what stars you've collected in a level from the map without going to a seperate level! And considering most people use LUA nowadays, I think it would be a great addition to this cool episode!
I'm close of considering using Lua but probably something simple at the early basis as of now or something but we will see. I mean the one thing that I really need for sure is multiple checkpoints since later on, certain levels can be surely long and also maybe autoscrolling on different sections aswell instead of just section 1 all the time so yeah... we will see if that might be considerative in the future or not because well, at the beginning AA2 was usually a "1.3/all versions" episode but I might gonna push it into 2.0 beta 3 only since we also have new NPCs to use like Boos and Magikoopa so that might also be a thing to have aswell.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:35 pm

If this is getting as colossal as Airship Attack, would you maybe consider some support or do you definitely want this to be your episode alone?

Also, the banner is broken (EDIT: only temporarily I guess, since Photobucket is under maintenance)

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:21 pm

Supershroom wrote:If this is getting as colossal as Airship Attack, would you maybe consider some support or do you definitely want this to be your episode alone?

Also, the banner is broken (EDIT: only temporarily I guess, since Photobucket is under maintenance)
I think you can just submit levels, provided they meat the conditions found in the episode folder.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:39 pm

Also, Is this episode going to be focused on co-op like the first AA? Since a lot of people aren't using that feature much nowadays, I think it would be a good idea to not focus on that so much. I can probably guess it won't be focused on co-op, since there aren't item boxes with multiple items like in AA! nevermind, found one in Fungi Timberland!

Edit: So I read the guidelines, and it seems like there's gonna be 2 player support, due to one of the rules mentioning that any level needs to be beaten with 2 players!

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:58 pm

Okay, so I have some complaints about episode. First off, the mystery house and mushroom house in world 2 are way too close to eachother, they should be spread more apart, like giving some single exit levels a secret exit where they could be hidden. Second, the SMW pokeys should use their SMB2 sprite, as they act just like the SMB2 pokey, and the SMW design made me think they couldn't be grabbed at first! Third, the world 2 mystery house is way too hard! You need to be really quick to beat the pokey challenge and the sand challenge, so I would recommend adding a higher timer on those challenges! Also, the Birdo challenge doesn't need that bomb ontop of Birdo, simply increasing the timer would do the job better! Also, there are some enemies in the cave challenge that walk instantly into the pit, so I would recommend you removed them. Finally, where are the toads in the mushroom houses? They were such a good part about the first game, and now the mushroom houses feel all empty without them! I hope you're gonna add them in later!

bossedit8
Toad
Toad

Postby bossedit8 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:50 pm

Snessy the duck wrote:...the mystery house and mushroom house in world 2 are way too close to eachother, they should be spread more apart, like giving some single exit levels a secret exit where they could be hidden.
I moved the Toad House to a different spot so it's on your pathway instead of being close to the area where the Pyramid is. Specifically:
Snessy the duck wrote:...the SMW pokeys should use their SMB2 sprite, as they act just like the SMB2 pokey, and the SMW design made me think they couldn't be grabbed at first!
They look like SMB2 though? I haven't used any SMW Pokeys in this SMBX Episode yet... it probably won't be anyway so.
Snessy the duck wrote:You need to be really quick to beat the pokey challenge and the sand challenge, so I would recommend adding a higher timer on those challenges!
Timer increased.
Snessy the duck wrote:...the Birdo challenge doesn't need that bomb ontop of Birdo, simply increasing the timer would do the job better!
Removed the SMB3 Used Bomb on Birdo's head and timer increased.
Snessy the duck wrote:...there are some enemies in the cave challenge that walk instantly into the pit, so I would recommend you removed them.
Removed the bottom red Shy Guy.
Snessy the duck wrote:...where are the toads in the mushroom houses? They were such a good part about the first game, and now the mushroom houses feel all empty without them! I hope you're gonna add them in later!
Toads and probably other NPCs will gonna be added later on during production.

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:56 pm

bossedit8 wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:
Snessy the duck wrote:...the SMW pokeys should use their SMB2 sprite, as they act just like the SMB2 pokey, and the SMW design made me think they couldn't be grabbed at first!
They look like SMB2 though? I haven't used any SMW Pokeys in this SMBX Episode yet... it probably won't be anyway so.
Whoops! I was referring to the SMB2 pokeys that had their sprite changet to their SMW counterpart! But thanks for listening to my complaints and fixing them!

Thehelmetguy1
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: Embrance the dorkness
Current Project: Storming Area 51
Chat Username: Thg1

Postby Thehelmetguy1 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:48 am

Seems great! I will play once you submit it! I am totally hyped for this! I loved the first one!
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature
Read the worst webcomic on the forums!
My greatest forum achievement:

Devan2002
Ripper II
Ripper II
Chat Username: Devan2002

Postby Devan2002 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:26 pm

So wait, according to some of the screenshots, this is being made in 2.0, will there be a compatible version for 1.3? I prefer 1.3 over 2.0 and the crappy 1.4.3.
It's kinda sad to see that there aren't many episodes based on Link being the main protagonist. Hopefully I can see more in the future, because LoZ was one of my favorite franchises. ;)

You can always give me ideas on my projects, so don't hold them in.

I am the nerd of video games. :ugeek:
What is my life: show
Supported Projects: show
ImageImage
I support these projects. :mrgreen:
Also, have an adorable image of Budew.
Legend of Zelda X: My project: show

Snessy the duck
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby Snessy the duck » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:55 am

Devan2002 wrote:So wait, according to some of the screenshots, this is being made in 2.0, will there be a compatible version for 1.3? I prefer 1.3 over 2.0 and the crappy 1.4.3.
Why do you prefer 1.3 over 2.0? Also, pretty sure the episode is being made in 1.3.

Return to “Projects”