Attack of the Darkness (HIATUS)

Share your work-in-progress SMBX episode or browse and support others'.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature proof of progress, i.e., level/world screenshots, wiki page, playable demo.
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

Is there any hype?

HYPE!!!!!
29
41%
Hype!
33
47%
Medium hype
3
4%
Low hype
5
7%
 
Total votes: 70
User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1727
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby PopYoshi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:15 pm

You don't notice it but I secretly update the worldmap and I upload the new screenshot without saying anything

Heeey, what's up? after a month of don't working in SMBX I returned to the action

World 2 got it's new worldmap..... well, I just extended it a bit. Honestly I don't like it as much as I like world 1 worlmap, I don't know, looks kinda empty, maybe adding some islands may fill the space I feel empty, or maybe it's because world 2 is smaller, I don't know... maybe it needs more shape?
Spoiler: show
Image
Aaaaand, after a month of stress due to this freaking boss.......
I'm finally working in Morton

And looks like the boss battle is finally going somewhere, the boss is finally getting shape!
Spoiler: show
Image
I still have to update level 1-6, the level made by Super Luigi, there's still work to do so let's go! :3
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1727
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

AOD: IMPORTANT MESSAGE!

Postby PopYoshi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:35 pm

Hey!
I'm here again
I have to talk againa about something I talked before and that may affect SMBX2 and 38A users and probably you all will want to kill me but here I go

It says something like this:

" WARNING / IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Due to limitations of my PC I can't use SMBX2 nor the functions of Lunalua, so this project uses a custom SMBX folder for adding stuff like custom music to the worldmap + custom music replacing the original mp3 files + custom sound effects. You shouldn't note any difference other than you'll have to play the SMBX 1.3.0.1 that comes in the custom folder. Please don't hate me if you use any recent version, my PC doesn't run SMBX2 so I can't use any codes and I don't want to make this project 38A exclusive"

And I can't allow anyone else to use Lunalua for adding the custom music and effects because then I wouldn't be able to play and test the episode

Sorry if this disappoints you but it's not a big deal using SMBX 1.3.0.1 again for playing an episode...
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4213
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby Cedur » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:56 pm

Guess eventually some else will be able to make an according SMBX2 port.
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: AOD: IMPORTANT MESSAGE!

Postby Eri7 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:10 pm

PopYoshi wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:35 pm
Hey!
I'm here again
I have to talk againa about something I talked before and that may affect SMBX2 and 38A users and probably you all will want to kill me but here I go

It says something like this:

" WARNING / IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Due to limitations of my PC I can't use SMBX2 nor the functions of Lunalua, so this project uses a custom SMBX folder for adding stuff like custom music to the worldmap + custom music replacing the original mp3 files + custom sound effects. You shouldn't note any difference other than you'll have to play the SMBX 1.3.0.1 that comes in the custom folder. Please don't hate me if you use any recent version, my PC doesn't run SMBX2 so I can't use any codes and I don't want to make this project 38A exclusive"

And I can't allow anyone else to use Lunalua for adding the custom music and effects because then I wouldn't be able to play and test the episode

Sorry if this disappoints you but it's not a big deal using SMBX 1.3.0.1 again for playing an episode...
Why should we even hate you or want you killed? This is way too extreme imo.
Also its fine if this is the way we have to play your episode, it doesn't really matter to me.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1727
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby PopYoshi » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:26 pm

Cedur wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:56 pm
Guess eventually some else will be able to make an according SMBX2 port.
Man.......
If someone does it I'll owe him/her a lot of things (not really, but I would feel relieved)
Eri7 wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:10 pm
PopYoshi wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:35 pm
Hey!
I'm here again
I have to talk againa about something I talked before and that may affect SMBX2 and 38A users and probably you all will want to kill me but here I go

It says something like this:

" WARNING / IMPORTANT MESSAGE: Due to limitations of my PC I can't use SMBX2 nor the functions of Lunalua, so this project uses a custom SMBX folder for adding stuff like custom music to the worldmap + custom music replacing the original mp3 files + custom sound effects. You shouldn't note any difference other than you'll have to play the SMBX 1.3.0.1 that comes in the custom folder. Please don't hate me if you use any recent version, my PC doesn't run SMBX2 so I can't use any codes and I don't want to make this project 38A exclusive"

And I can't allow anyone else to use Lunalua for adding the custom music and effects because then I wouldn't be able to play and test the episode

Sorry if this disappoints you but it's not a big deal using SMBX 1.3.0.1 again for playing an episode...
Why should we even hate you or want you killed? This is way too extreme imo.
Also its fine if this is the way we have to play your episode, it doesn't really matter to me.
I was just exaggerating, I'm just afraid about what 2.0 and 38A users may think about the idea, there's nothing else I caj do
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Super Luigi!
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 536
Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:48 pm
Flair: ???
Current Project: Super Luigi World.
Chat Username: SL

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby Super Luigi! » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:27 pm

Thanks for the status report, PopYoshi. I hope updating my level and continuing your life goes well. The World 2 map looks good to me, and I wish you the best.
Projects I support:
Spoiler: show
Image ~Level Designer and Beta Tester.
Image
~Beta Tester.
Image ~Admirer.
Image ~Reviewer.
"Keep trying at something, even in failure because another attempt may be all you need."~SL

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1727
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby PopYoshi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:29 pm

Super Luigi! wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:27 pm
Thanks for the status report, PopYoshi. I hope updating my level and continuing your life goes well. The World 2 map looks good to me, and I wish you the best.
Everything seems to be taking shape. I already updated your level, I'm trying to add little cool stuff to the other levels too, maybe tomorrow I'll work in the boss, and my life... uhhh... that's not anyone business but I think I can say that for now I'm okay until I get another sadness attack for whatever reason
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1558
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: I'm not a spoiler :v
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby Scroll » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:36 pm

Why you get "sadness attacks"?
Electriking wrote:Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1727
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby PopYoshi » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:35 pm

VanillaDude wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:36 pm
Why you get "sadness attacks"?
PopYoshi isn't going through a good time.
A lot of teenager problems and... more personal stuff I don't want to say
But due to my bond with my project I want to make the demo even in a bad mood
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1654
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: SMNZ (38A) + SMNP1 (38A) + MKA(2.0) + TNV (2.0/38A) + TNVL (2.0/38A) + SMNP2 (2.0) + SMNR (2.0)
Chat Username: Eri7
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby Eri7 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:02 am

PopYoshi wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:35 pm
VanillaDude wrote:
Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:36 pm
Why you get "sadness attacks"?
PopYoshi isn't going through a good time.
A lot of teenager problems and... more personal stuff I don't want to say
But due to my bond with my project I want to make the demo even in a bad mood
This is risky, you could take very bad decisions if you are in a bad mood.
Me for example, when i have emotional breakdown, i am gonna go as far as to give up on smbx and all of the hard work i put over my project and that's crazy if you think about how many hours i spent every freaking day working so, be careful, very very careful. Having people around you who can somehow reduce your negative feelings is always good so you won't make a bad decision out of emotions. Even if these people are on the internet, as i said, its always good, thats how i calm myself down when needed.
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:08 pm

TheHighSkyPie XDDDDDD

Also if this uses a custom music folder, count me out as a beta tester, I'm not much of a use to you...

Added in 3 minutes 7 seconds:
Oh and sorry for the sudden stupid comment I posted
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
Working on: show
Image

A game with a classic selection of world styles, each having 5 levels to play!
Demo is out now! viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22538&p=336507#p336507

I support: show
Image

Image

Image

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1727
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby PopYoshi » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:23 pm

ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:11 pm
TheHighSkyPie XDDDDDD

Also if this uses a custom music folder, count me out as a beta tester, I'm not much of a use to you...

Added in 3 minutes 7 seconds:
Oh and sorry for the sudden stupid comment I posted
Why would you want me to count you out as a beta tester?
Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:23 pm

If it needs a custom folder I meant
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
Working on: show
Image

A game with a classic selection of world styles, each having 5 levels to play!
Demo is out now! viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22538&p=336507#p336507

I support: show
Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1558
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: I'm not a spoiler :v
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby Scroll » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:25 pm

ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:11 pm
TheHighSkyPie XDDDDDD
Pie, that's a proof that your name is very confusing, he typed "TheSkyHighPie" instead of "TheHighSkyPie" :lol:
Electriking wrote:Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:28 pm

Ok you also mispelled my name
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
Working on: show
Image

A game with a classic selection of world styles, each having 5 levels to play!
Demo is out now! viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22538&p=336507#p336507

I support: show
Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4203
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby Electriking » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:30 pm

PopYoshi wrote:
What happened to the PC that could run SMBX2?
ThePieSkyHigh wrote:If it needs a custom folder I meant
Why does this make you unable to beta test?
Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1558
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: I'm not a spoiler :v
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby Scroll » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:31 pm

ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:28 pm
Ok you also mispelled my name
No, I mean that you mispelled the PopYoshi's mispell XD

But better lets stay on topic
Electriking wrote:Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:32 pm

Oh right

What did you vote on the hype poll?
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
Working on: show
Image

A game with a classic selection of world styles, each having 5 levels to play!
Demo is out now! viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22538&p=336507#p336507

I support: show
Image

Image

Image

User avatar
Scroll
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 1558
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: :squint:
Current Project: I'm not a spoiler :v
Chat Username: Scroll#6292
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby Scroll » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:34 pm

ThePieSkyHigh wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:32 pm
Oh right

What did you vote on the hype poll?
Should I say it? :?:
Electriking wrote:Signatures are overrated.

User avatar
ThePieSkyHigh
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 723
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:03 pm
Flair: "Nothing is impossible!" But I do nothing all day.
Current Project: ☆ Jump up super star! ☆
Chat Username: ThePieSkyHigh
Contact:

Re: Attack of the Darkness

Postby ThePieSkyHigh » Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:34 pm

Yea, I guess
Image
Go check out my levels
Go check out my short stories
You may call me "Pie" if you'd like.

If you want a logo for your episode, go PM AndrewPixel!
Working on: show
Image

A game with a classic selection of world styles, each having 5 levels to play!
Demo is out now! viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22538&p=336507#p336507

I support: show
Image

Image

Image


Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest