Search found 8947 matches

Go to advanced search

by Enjl
Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:52 pm
Forum: LunaLua Help
Topic: Need a list of ALL custom block settings
Replies: 1
Views: 9

Re: Need a list of ALL custom block settings

yeah pge just does that for some reason. That's separate to block config though, which is what affects the game.
by Enjl
Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:58 am
Forum: Episodes
Topic: 2k1x Subzero Heroes
Replies: 169
Views: 12196

Re: 2k1x Subzero Heroes

I'm a big fan of seeing the processes of how things like this come to completion, so naturally I have assembled a large backlog of images and gifs taken during development. Here's a little selection of images/gifs taken within around the first year of development, for those interested. These are ord...
by Enjl
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:36 pm
Forum: Contests and Events
Topic: February ??? Contest Announcement Thread
Replies: 7
Views: 171

Re: February ??? Contest Announcement Thread

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:25 pm
I might be interested in February's mystery level contest. As long as it's something I can make into a level. ^-^"
Disclaimer: This contest is not a mystery contest.
by Enjl
Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:02 am
Forum: Contests and Events
Topic: February ??? Contest Announcement Thread
Replies: 7
Views: 171

February ??? Contest Announcement Thread

Welcome! to the first contest of 2021. As you might have seen on the calendar , we will hold a contest in February. This is that one. But what is it? Similarly to the Mystery Contest, this one will be a hidden theme contest, so I cannot go into details on what exactly it will be about. I can reveal...
by Enjl
Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:30 am
Forum: LunaLua
Topic: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!
Replies: 770
Views: 135901

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

what about for Mario Challenge? Or, is that going bye-bye too? Mario Challenge never used SMBX credits anyway, it just has two results screens. Then why did it play the credits sequence in Beta 3? Because the ending screen wasn't there yet back then. For the past year it hasn't played the credits a...
by Enjl
Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:01 pm
Forum: Help and Support
Topic: Using custom tilesets without replacing existing tilesets
Replies: 53
Views: 826

Re: Using custom tilesets without replacing existing tilesets

It's like talking to a brick wall because our aim is to provide help with the features as they are right now. Our future plans with the engine and what we're gonna do to make more features accessible without scripting are in no way helpful to you accomplishing what you want to make in the systems t...
by Enjl
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:17 am
Forum: Site Discussion
Topic: New Ranks
Replies: 25
Views: 429

Re: New Ranks

Lucario wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:12 am
Electriking wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:57 am
Lucario wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:30 am
How about rank Rammerhead or Porcupuffer?
Those aren't SMBX NPCs.
Enjl coded they.
Those aren't SMBX NPCs.
by Enjl
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:04 am
Forum: Help and Support
Topic: Dimensions
Replies: 1
Views: 25

Re: Dimensions

SMBX's grid defaults to 32x32 pixels. SMBX sprites are resized to 2x their original size. A block filling one space on the grid is thus 16x16 pixels at native resolution.
by Enjl
Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:08 am
Forum: Help and Support
Topic: Using custom tilesets without replacing existing tilesets
Replies: 53
Views: 826

Re: Using custom tilesets without replacing existing tilesets

I'm not even talking about the scripting part now. The event system is limited and and has problems because lets say if I want a ? block to make toad appear and when I talk to toad he disappears and makes and something else appear, well you are just shit out of luck because of the limited selection...
by Enjl
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:34 pm
Forum: LunaLua
Topic: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!
Replies: 770
Views: 135901

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

The title screen will be gone entirely. It's effectively totally obsolete as it is. Aw man, that sucks. I always thought the title screen looked really cool. I agree. I think it should be optional. Just my thoughts. On for those that want it, off otherwise. I also think that the end quote in the cr...
by Enjl
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:22 pm
Forum: Site Discussion
Topic: New Ranks
Replies: 25
Views: 429

Re: New Ranks

I disagree with what Cedur said. The small icons are adorable.
by Enjl
Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:19 pm
Forum: Help and Support
Topic: Using custom tilesets without replacing existing tilesets
Replies: 53
Views: 826

Re: Using custom tilesets without replacing existing tilesets

I tried to use an event to make toad move off screen and tried everything but nothing so I saved my levels and I'm moving on to something else until future versions when hopefully it will not be so limited and more user friendly. For novice people wanting to use this editor to make cool stuff easil...
by Enjl
Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:29 am
Forum: Site Discussion
Topic: SMBX Site Q&A
Replies: 303
Views: 42875

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Briefly browsed the phpbb extensions index and found this: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/profile_flair/ Looks like a medals system. Could we have this? I'm thinking it might be fun to award podium placements in contests trophies in the future. In case you hadn't seen it. Is this one ...
by Enjl
Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:07 pm
Forum: Site Discussion
Topic: SMBX Site Q&A
Replies: 303
Views: 42875

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

It was this one https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10752 it’s five years ago so I don’t fully remember why exactly it ended and I haven’t gone through all of the pages there. But it would be nice to have it back. I think we talked past each other. You meant medal systems as a wh...
by Enjl
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:13 am
Forum: Site Discussion
Topic: SMBX Site Q&A
Replies: 303
Views: 42875

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Briefly browsed the phpbb extensions index and found this: https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/extension/profile_flair/ Looks like a medals system. Could we have this? I'm thinking it might be fun to award podium placements in contests trophies in the future. Fact: We already had this once in 2015 b...
by Enjl
Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:13 am
Forum: Site Discussion
Topic: SMBX Site Q&A
Replies: 303
Views: 42875

Re: SMBX Site Q&A

Briefly browsed the phpbb extensions index and found this:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... ile_flair/
Looks like a medals system. Could we have this? I'm thinking it might be fun to award podium placements in contests trophies in the future.
by Enjl
Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:34 am
Forum: LunaLua Help
Topic: Code Looks Fine, but Nothing happens
Replies: 9
Views: 204

Re: It turns into the wrong NPC

So, I've created NPC-943, which is the Bulbul, after being hit once, so for some reason, NPC-942 still turns into the Goomba, instead of the desired one. Do I need to register it somewhere, since NPC-943 also isen't a Basegame NPC as of yet? Can you provide any useful information for debugging? All...
by Enjl
Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:26 am
Forum: Graphics
Topic: Night Grass - TILESET
Replies: 6
Views: 329

Re: Night Grass - TILESET

I'd say the outlines on the grass are too thick, maybe you could try having only one pixel as the outline. You mean 2 pixels ? smbx uses 2x2 pixels Spriters usually sprite at native resolution and then resize at the end. The outline of the main tileset is double thickness, so 2 pixels at native res...
by Enjl
Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:24 am
Forum: General
Topic: [Release] SMBX Cheat Engine
Replies: 4
Views: 1951

Re: [Release] SMBX Cheat Engine

Idunn wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:08 am
Idk if Pilzinsel will make it compatible with X2 or add the cheats since they weren’t online for 2 years.

Thought this was something new but it’s actually from 2016.
Oh wow, that somehow completely escaped me, oops! Well spotted.
by Enjl
Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:40 am
Forum: General
Topic: [Release] SMBX Cheat Engine
Replies: 4
Views: 1951

Re: [Release] SMBX Cheat Engine

In case you wanna add these: https://docs.codehaus.moe/#/features/cheats

Go to advanced search