SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
Animebryan
Bit
Bit
Flair: Need help!
Current Project: Star of Darkness

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Animebryan » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:05 pm

Got a question about Star Coins. I was just wondering if the number of Star Coins in a level can be set to any number or is it hard-coded at 3?

Also: Why does the newest release have PAL in its name? This doesn't mean its Europe exclusive like with commercial games does it?
Need serious help with Lua based features :(

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:17 pm

Animebryan wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:05 pm
Got a question about Star Coins. I was just wondering if the number of Star Coins in a level can be set to any number or is it hard-coded at 3?

Also: Why does the newest release have PAL in its name? This doesn't mean its Europe exclusive like with commercial games does it?
Levels can have any number of star coins in them (spending some time experimenting with them would have answered that question).

The PAL is probably a joke or reference related to talkhaus.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Oshi
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: Nothing interesting here, move along
Current Project: Not worth mentioning
Chat Username: Oshi#3433

Postby Oshi » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:04 pm

Wiimeiser wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:48 am
Which begs the question of why every fanmade game seems to trigger antivirus software but Steam games don't. Is there a whitelist of some kind?
It's probably because Steam games are verified and are considered to be "legit" by the antivirus while fan games don't have any verification and are considered to be "suspicious," or something like that.
If you are interested in Mafia, RTD, or DnD, please check out Minigame Plaza. Unfortunately the server has been declining recently, and we would like people like you to join.
Spoiler: show
godblessamerica21 wrote: when i get mod your ass is grass amigo
projects I support: show

Wiimeiser
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: What?
Chat Username: Wiimeiser

Postby Wiimeiser » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:26 am

Oshi wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:04 pm
Wiimeiser wrote:
Which begs the question of why every fanmade game seems to trigger antivirus software but Steam games don't. Is there a whitelist of some kind?
It's probably because Steam games are verified and are considered to be "legit" by the antivirus while fan games don't have any verification and are considered to be "suspicious," or something like that.
Makes perfect sense. And if the keys were public, then virus coders could use them to bypass AV software entirely.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:56 am

Wiimeiser wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:26 am
Oshi wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:04 pm
Wiimeiser wrote:
Makes perfect sense. And if the keys were public, then virus coders could use them to bypass AV software entirely.
This conversation is nonsense. Antivirus software checks for suspicious patterns in program execution which can have a malicious impact on your operating system. Some antivirus software gets particularly antsy about executable files trying to manipulate other executable files, like is the case with LunaLoader, which injects lunadll into smbx.exe and then runs it.

Briefly consider the implication for any software developer if they had to contact antivirus software developers in order to get on a whitelist before release. How would one antivirus program be whitelisted by another if each company is trying to compete and make the others look inferior?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Animebryan
Bit
Bit

Postby Animebryan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:01 am

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

And before anyone says "install the vc_redist files", it won't install because its a 2015 version & my version is from 2017, so mine is newer, yet is not good enough to open SMBX2? WTF?!

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:20 am

Animebryan wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:01 am
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

And before anyone says "install the vc_redist files", it won't install because its a 2015 version & my version is from 2017, so mine is newer, yet is not good enough to open SMBX2? WTF?!
This is normal. "vc" stands for Visual C++ which is used to make programs in C and C++. Some programs rely on different version of the Visual C++ redistributable, therefore they all need you to install all these different version... and just because you have a newer version doesn't mean any C++ program will be able to run in this newer version. So the answer is: install the vc_redist anyway, no matter whether you've got a newer version or not.
im bored

Animebryan
Bit
Bit

Postby Animebryan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:58 am

I don't have a choice in the matter!

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:03 pm

Animebryan wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:58 am
I don't have a choice in the matter!
Did you try uninstalling the 2017 version and then installing the version included?
Last edited by Westretroman on Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:40 pm

ah, sorry, i didn't even read the error message.
if you're missing a dll, then it's not a problem with the vc redist (i think). did you try reinstalling smbx? it should install any required library too.
im bored

Animebryan
Bit
Bit

Postby Animebryan » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:33 pm

The libGLESv2.dll isn't even installed with it. I copied the list of installed files to a notepad file & did a Ctrl+F search for that file name. Not found. However, I took the liberty of downloading the file by itself & put it in the same folder, but the error still came up. That means the dll file needs to be in a certain folder, I just don't know which.

Amyrakunejo
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: Philosophical, Pagan, Anarchist Lady Fair Gamer
Current Project: Crystal Guardians (VX Ace), retro gaming binge, Custom TrackMania courses via TMInfinity
Chat Username: Amyrakunejo

Postby Amyrakunejo » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:55 pm

Animebryan wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:33 pm
The libGLESv2.dll isn't even installed with it. I copied the list of installed files to a notepad file & did a Ctrl+F search for that file name. Not found. However, I took the liberty of downloading the file by itself & put it in the same folder, but the error still came up. That means the dll file needs to be in a certain folder, I just don't know which.
Windows System folder. Yeah, then it'll ask for mozglue.dll for whatever reason, same directory. I got flack for reporting this but it is the absolute truth that it asked me for these and then it shows a dumb black screen after it takes forever to load with obvious errors. It was due to that and the invalid and unfair flack I received that I've lost interest in this release. I'll stick with Beta 3 for now.
Amyrakunejo, Lady Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer
And at night she whispers, Ride the Wind, never comin' back 'til I touch the midnight sun...

Animebryan
Bit
Bit

Postby Animebryan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:03 am

It's hilarious! My laptop already had the file the whole time! It was in my Program Files/Mozilla Firefox folder, yet stupid SMBX2 couldn't find it there. Just goes to show how much of a piece of shit this program is! Now since I haven't found any useful advice here, I'm going to look elsewhere for some definitive info on how to get this damn thing to work! Maybe I should look on this site's Discord channel or something...

Wiimeiser
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: What?
Chat Username: Wiimeiser

Postby Wiimeiser » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:54 am

Is there a link to that spreadsheet again? I think someone linked to it before in the old thread. What were you planning for some of the unused IDs in the middle, again?

EDIT: Found it

EDIT2: Okay, judging by some discrepancies in what is and isn't included in the MAGX version and status, I think the Sledge Bro is missing its projectile and the only reason Barrel Cannons aren't included yet is they're missing their special properties menu. At least that's what I'm gathering from my read on the data. Also not sure what a "Crate Spawn Container" is or what it would do if an enemy threw one...

EDIT3: I can reproduce the birds hurting you, but I can't seem to get more than one NPC ID to appear from a crate no matter what I do. The string {id=501, count=3; id=502,503, count=6,49} just spawns 6 red birds. Also, birds spawned from crates can deflect shells.

GOD_SAMA
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: just a roaming hylian
Chat Username: GOD_SAMA

Postby GOD_SAMA » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:34 am

i have been curious about some things about smbx
1. is it possible or is it going to be a thing someday to recreate yoshis island physics and mechanics etc in it
2. why not use game maker studios as well?
theres more but i dont wanna seem rude if me asking these questions doesnt already seem like it
not my intention just curiosity

GoombaQueen
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: NO
Chat Username: GoombaQueen

Postby GoombaQueen » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:00 am

Please help, my screen is black when I load SMBX2 PAL but I can still hear the music and sounds. :( What should I do?

xD

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:26 pm

GoombaQueen wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:00 am
Please help, my screen is black when I load SMBX2 PAL but I can still hear the music and sounds. :( What should I do?
Can you tell us where you installed it? Program Files is iffy with it and do you have the latest update for your graphics driver and DirectX

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:31 pm

Westretroman wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:26 pm
GoombaQueen wrote:
Can you tell us where you installed it? Program Files is iffy with it and do you have the latest update for your graphics driver and DirectX
The installer now automatically grants user permissions in the install directory (or at least it ought to), so program files should no longer be an issue in theory. Sounds more like a graphics card thing if I were to guess.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

GoombaQueen
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: NO
Chat Username: GoombaQueen

Postby GoombaQueen » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:18 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:31 pm
Westretroman wrote:
GoombaQueen wrote:
The installer now automatically grants user permissions in the install directory (or at least it ought to), so program files should no longer be an issue in theory. Sounds more like a graphics card thing if I were to guess.
I installed it on my desktop. Am I supposed to install it in Program files?

xD

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:20 pm

GoombaQueen wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:18 pm
Enjl wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:31 pm
Westretroman wrote:

I installed it on my desktop. Am I supposed to install it in Program files?
No, you could, but take Enjil's word for it that it is just a graphics card issue.

Return to “LunaLua”