littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - bye bye default text boxes!

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
MrDoubleA
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:02 am
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - bye bye default text boxes!

Postby MrDoubleA » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:30 pm

IttaBaby wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:23 pm
For the life of me, no matter what I do, the message box stays blank.
Neither message nor portrait show up, just a blank box
Edit: Figured out it's only when I try to use mugshots.
Edit Edit: Solved it, it was just format error. Sorry to bother everybody.
/is kicked out the back door
Yeah if you ever put in an invalid tag/misspell it, textplus will just... give up and not attempt to parse any more of the text.

IttaBaby
Rex
Rex
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:19 pm

Re: littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - bye bye default text boxes!

Postby IttaBaby » Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:34 pm

Can you maybe add a feature to quickly swap which side the mugshot is on, like in RPGMaker?

ChunkyChimp
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:02 pm
Flair: I TAKE GFX FOR MY OWN LEVELS

Re: littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - bye bye default text boxes!

Postby ChunkyChimp » Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:05 am

It seems like the textplus tags that make moving text (like wave, glitch, and garbage) don't work with this. Is that just me?

Marioman2007
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 337
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:19 am
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - bye bye default text boxes!

Postby Marioman2007 » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:22 am

ChunkyChimp wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:05 am
It seems like the textplus tags that make moving text (like wave, glitch, and garbage) don't work with this. Is that just me?
What's your code? (the message that you are supposed to set in the editor)

ChunkyChimp
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:02 pm
Flair: I TAKE GFX FOR MY OWN LEVELS

Re: littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - bye bye default text boxes!

Postby ChunkyChimp » Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:41 pm

marioman2007 wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:22 am
ChunkyChimp wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:05 am
It seems like the textplus tags that make moving text (like wave, glitch, and garbage) don't work with this. Is that just me?
What's your code? (the message that you are supposed to set in the editor)
yea my bad im just a silly guy i had the codes wrong

LunarCatUSA
Bit
Bit
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:56 am
Flair: Soda-Butler

Re: littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - bye bye default text boxes!

Postby LunarCatUSA » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:46 pm

Question: What do I do when the text cuts off at the end no matter what maxwidth I size it to?

Image

Image

Added in 17 seconds:
Maybe I don't understand how the font size works.

LunarCatUSA
Bit
Bit
Posts: 66
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:56 am
Flair: Soda-Butler

Re: littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - bye bye default text boxes!

Postby LunarCatUSA » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:07 am

Also, are the graphics/image draw function suppose to be disabled? Because I'm not loading any image of mine into the game when a certain parameter is met.

Added in 1 hour 27 minutes 56 seconds:
Oh wait, nevermind, I just wasn't on the OnDraw() function

SynthKitten
Goomba
Goomba
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:21 pm
Pronouns: they/them

littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - Incompatibility

Postby SynthKitten » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:25 pm

Hi there, littleDialogue.lua is incompatible with SMWcamera, can you look into adding compatiability with it? That would be wonderful. ;)

You can test it yourself by simply using:

Code: Select all

API.load("SMWcamera")

Hammerless Penguin
Snifit
Snifit
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:17 am
Flair: Just kicking that kirby to the curb!
Contact:

Re: littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - bye bye default text boxes!

Postby Hammerless Penguin » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:02 am

Weird question but is there a way to keep the default smbx dialogue boxes and littleDialogue.lua? Because the latter can sometimes break events that uses dialogue

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6418
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Contact:

Re: littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - bye bye default text boxes!

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:33 am

Hammerless Penguin wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:02 am
Weird question but is there a way to keep the default smbx dialogue boxes and littleDialogue.lua? Because the latter can sometimes break events that uses dialogue
For that, you can:

Code: Select all

littleDialogue.registerAnswer("event1",{text = "text",chosenFunction = function(); triggerEvent("eventname"); end})

MrDoubleA
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:02 am
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - Incompatibility

Postby MrDoubleA » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:57 am

SynthKitten wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:25 pm
Hi there, littleDialogue.lua is incompatible with SMWcamera, can you look into adding compatiability with it? That would be wonderful. ;)

You can test it yourself by simply using:

Code: Select all

API.load("SMWcamera")
Please, do not use my unreleased libraries without asking for permission.

SynthKitten
Goomba
Goomba
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:21 pm
Pronouns: they/them

Re: littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - Incompatibility

Postby SynthKitten » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:12 pm

MrDoubleA wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:57 am
SynthKitten wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:25 pm
Hi there, littleDialogue.lua is incompatible with SMWcamera, can you look into adding compatiability with it? That would be wonderful. ;)

You can test it yourself by simply using:

Code: Select all

API.load("SMWcamera")
Please, do not use my unreleased libraries without asking for permission.
You mean this one that is public and been available to download since around 2018 and is also included inside of SMBX2s download? https://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/SMWcamera.lua

Can you please fix the incompatibility? I'm not using any 'unreleased libraries'.

MrDoubleA
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:02 am
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - Incompatibility

Postby MrDoubleA » Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:58 pm

SynthKitten wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:12 pm
MrDoubleA wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:57 am
SynthKitten wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:25 pm
Hi there, littleDialogue.lua is incompatible with SMWcamera, can you look into adding compatiability with it? That would be wonderful. ;)

You can test it yourself by simply using:

Code: Select all

API.load("SMWcamera")
Please, do not use my unreleased libraries without asking for permission.
You mean this one that is public and been available to download since around 2018 and is also included inside of SMBX2s download? https://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/SMWcamera.lua

Can you please fix the incompatibility? I'm not using any 'unreleased libraries'.
SORRY, I misread it!
In any case, smwcamera.lua is made for beta 3 and no longer works properly in beta 4. It has several issues beyond this.

SynthKitten
Goomba
Goomba
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:21 pm
Pronouns: they/them

Re: littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - Incompatibility

Postby SynthKitten » Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:01 pm

MrDoubleA wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:58 pm
SynthKitten wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:12 pm
MrDoubleA wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:57 am


Please, do not use my unreleased libraries without asking for permission.
You mean this one that is public and been available to download since around 2018 and is also included inside of SMBX2s download? https://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/SMWcamera.lua

Can you please fix the incompatibility? I'm not using any 'unreleased libraries'.
SORRY, I misread it!
In any case, smwcamera.lua is made for beta 3 and no longer works properly in beta 4. It has several issues beyond this.
It's all good. Sorry if I came off rudely, I don't steal or use anything that is unreleased! It just worked for what I wanted and that's all I just thought it'd be cool to have both be used together without any issue.

It's alright though, thanks for your hard work on this library.

oxygen4558
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:07 am
Flair: SMB2 Bomb-omb
Pronouns: she/her
Contact:

Re: littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - bye bye default text boxes!

Postby oxygen4558 » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:56 pm

thank you so much!!

edit: is there a way to disable the deltarune text marker?

MrDoubleA
Posts: 329
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:02 am
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - bye bye default text boxes!

Postby MrDoubleA » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:54 pm

oxygen4558 wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:56 pm
thank you so much!!

edit: is there a way to disable the deltarune text marker?
Put "lineMarkerEnabled = false" in the deltarune box's settings.

oxygen4558
Bob-Omb
Bob-Omb
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:07 am
Flair: SMB2 Bomb-omb
Pronouns: she/her
Contact:

Re: littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - bye bye default text boxes!

Postby oxygen4558 » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:26 pm

ALSO does this support playing a sound in the textbox

ThatRoadRunnerfan727
Koopa
Koopa
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:55 am
Flair: I play Video Games and draw sometimes.
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: littleDialogue.lua (v1.1) - bye bye default text boxes!

Postby ThatRoadRunnerfan727 » Mon Mar 21, 2022 9:54 pm

Really cool looking lua script!


Return to “LunaLua”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Registered sand eater and 2 guests