Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
User avatar
Tempest
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:18 pm
Flair: not here
Contact:

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby Tempest » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:11 pm

Sambo wrote:You could always use this:
http://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/PlayerGfx.lua.
Just make the player big Mario, then replace his sprites with the custom ones using this API.
If you do it in a certain way, no existing powerups need to be replaced.
Hm. Okay.
Sambo wrote:Also, Mario's shoes should be blue for a closer resemblance to the trophy you based it off of.
I was thinking about doing that, but i didn't cuz i wanted to keep that SMB3 style.
I'm a brazilian dude who likes videogames!
Spoopy: show
http://pokemon.alexonsager.net/92/91
*insert stupid undertale reference here*
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in YOUR signature.
Eli Oliver (new account) wrote:hamster pipe zone?
Does anyone even know what :mrgreen: means
I Support: show
Neoteric Super Mario Bros.
viewtopic.php?t=20457
Mario and the Missing Shine Sprites
Image

Grand Goomba
Rex
Rex
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby Grand Goomba » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:14 pm

Credit to Tempest for the Boomerang Suit! I am sure to download this one.
Image
Image

Grand Goomba
Rex
Rex
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby Grand Goomba » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:36 pm

I've got a bug report. I loaded it as usual, but I threw hammers instead of hammers. Help please?

I can assure you I am using SMBX 2.0.
Image
Image

User avatar
Tempest
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:18 pm
Flair: not here
Contact:

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby Tempest » Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:38 pm

Grand Goomba wrote:I've got a bug report. I loaded it as usual, but I threw hammers instead of hammers. Help please?

I can assure you I am using SMBX 2.0.
That's strange. Most of my old powerups are very outdated (like this one), so the code might have some flaws. I'll fix it soon, thanks :D
I'm a brazilian dude who likes videogames!
Spoopy: show
http://pokemon.alexonsager.net/92/91
*insert stupid undertale reference here*
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in YOUR signature.
Eli Oliver (new account) wrote:hamster pipe zone?
Does anyone even know what :mrgreen: means
I Support: show
Neoteric Super Mario Bros.
viewtopic.php?t=20457
Mario and the Missing Shine Sprites
Image

Grand Goomba
Rex
Rex
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby Grand Goomba » Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:51 pm

I've got another question. Will more than just one of your Power-UPS work in the same level, a hub level for example?

And by the way I got your Boomerang Suit working, so don't worry too much about that.
Image
Image

User avatar
Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby Artemis008 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:17 pm

Grand Goomba wrote:I've got another question. Will more than just one of your Power-UPS work in the same level, a hub level for example?

And by the way I got your Boomerang Suit working, so don't worry too much about that.
If they replace different default power ups than I don't see why not.
Image

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.
Image

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

Grand Goomba
Rex
Rex
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby Grand Goomba » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:29 pm

Artemis008 wrote: If they replace different default power ups than I don't see why not.
I could do that, I suppose. The problem, however, is that every file for each Power-UP has a LunaDLL file. I couldn't use both at once, could I? Although I suppose I could rename these .lua files as Power1.lua, Power2.lua, etc. Do you suppose that would work?
Image
Image

User avatar
Artemis008
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1346
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:34 pm

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby Artemis008 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:35 pm

Grand Goomba wrote:
Artemis008 wrote: If they replace different default power ups than I don't see why not.
I could do that, I suppose. The problem, however, is that every file for each Power-UP has a LunaDLL file. I couldn't use both at once, could I? Although I suppose I could rename these .lua files as Power1.lua, Power2.lua, etc. Do you suppose that would work?
It's been a while since I used LUA in a level so I might be wrong, but aren't you supposed to have one luna.dll file that loads multiple API's? So it would be something like this

API Load = (first script name here)
API Load = (second script name here)
Image

Well you see luigi, when a paisano puts his spaghetti noodle in a mamma mia’s ravioli, a little bambino covered in prosciutto comes out about nine months later -Mario

I believe in Mario as my lord and Savior, if you do, put this image in your signature.
Image

Spoiler: show
I might not be around much longer.

I have one more project to complete and then I'm done with it all.

If I disappear it means I'm gone for good. Don't bother looking for me.

User avatar
The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 751
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby The0x539 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:43 pm

Artemis008 wrote:
Grand Goomba wrote:
Artemis008 wrote: If they replace different default power ups than I don't see why not.
I could do that, I suppose. The problem, however, is that every file for each Power-UP has a LunaDLL file. I couldn't use both at once, could I? Although I suppose I could rename these .lua files as Power1.lua, Power2.lua, etc. Do you suppose that would work?
It's been a while since I used LUA in a level so I might be wrong, but aren't you supposed to have one luna.dll file that loads multiple API's? So it would be something like this

API Load = (first script name here)
API Load = (second script name here)
For some reason, Tempest didn't make these as APIs, so the code would need to be edited a bit, to function as Lua APIs that one loads.

Grand Goomba
Rex
Rex
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby Grand Goomba » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:44 pm

I put both APIs into one LUA file but it didn't work. Could someone please help me?
Image
Image

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7112
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Contact:

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby PixelPest » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:14 pm

Grand Goomba wrote:I put both APIs into one LUA file but it didn't work. Could someone please help me?
Yeah that definitely won't work. The way LunaLua works you can't have duplicate events in the code or else they'll basically overwrite each other and there are probably other conflicts between the codes as well. You can't just expect to throw stuff together and expect it to magically work in harmony when you're working with any kind of code

User avatar
Tempest
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:18 pm
Flair: not here
Contact:

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby Tempest » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:43 pm

Sorry for the late reply but, it's because I never tried to actually make an API, I might try another time tho. Currently I'm working on a V2 for the phoenix suit, but if everything works correctly I'll try to turn everything into APIs soon.

Also, it might take a while for me to make future updates, I have a lot of things to do and, to be honest, I'm pretty lazy :P
I'm a brazilian dude who likes videogames!
Spoopy: show
http://pokemon.alexonsager.net/92/91
*insert stupid undertale reference here*
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in YOUR signature.
Eli Oliver (new account) wrote:hamster pipe zone?
Does anyone even know what :mrgreen: means
I Support: show
Neoteric Super Mario Bros.
viewtopic.php?t=20457
Mario and the Missing Shine Sprites
Image

User avatar
The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 751
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby The0x539 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:48 am

Tempest wrote:Sorry for the late reply but, it's because I never tried to actually make an API, I might try another time tho. Currently I'm working on a V2 for the phoenix suit, but if everything works correctly I'll try to turn everything into APIs soon.

Also, it might take a while for me to make future updates, I have a lot of things to do and, to be honest, I'm pretty lazy :P
Making an API isn't hard: https://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/How_To:_Mak ... custom_API
This tutorial is generally accurate, but it's common to name the functions after the event handler, so:

Code: Select all

function myAPI.onTick()
	--stuff
end

function myAPI.onInitAPI()
	registerEvent(myAPI, "onTick")
end

King Mario
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby King Mario » Sun May 24, 2020 10:51 pm

Hey there, Beta 4 is out. Do you think you could make this B4-compatible?

User avatar
TheGameyFireBro105
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 463
Joined: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:09 pm
Flair: Good at remakes

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby TheGameyFireBro105 » Mon May 25, 2020 11:18 am

Can you please make it work for luigi!
I love these episodes; Go and support:
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Idunn
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 416
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 3:05 pm
Flair: Robotic

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby Idunn » Mon May 25, 2020 11:43 am

King Mario wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:51 pm
Hey there, Beta 4 is out. Do you think you could make this B4-compatible?
TheGameyFireBro105 wrote:Can you please make it work for luigi!
The OP hasn't been online since near the end of 2019, while there might be hope he might come back and do it I wouldn’t count on it.
Please do not use any assets made for my Project! I will bring you to court if you do!

Kyasarin and Luminous were right all along!

Image

My Project:
Spoiler: show
Image
Projects that have my support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

King Mario
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby King Mario » Mon May 25, 2020 8:54 pm

Idunn wrote: The OP hasn't been online since near the end of 2019, while there might be hope he might come back and do it I wouldn’t count on it.
In that case, maybe someone has a copy of this Power-UP and can modify it.

User avatar
Tempest
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:18 pm
Flair: not here
Contact:

Re: Boomerang Flower V1.0 w/ Custom GFX!

Postby Tempest » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:13 pm

King Mario wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:54 pm
Idunn wrote: The OP hasn't been online since near the end of 2019, while there might be hope he might come back and do it I wouldn’t count on it.
tbh i've just completely given up on this community
don't expect any updates for anything i've ever worked on in here, lunalua is actual ass to work with and i've found better fangames (in my personal taste) to spend my time on
besides, working on anything smbx related has only caused me more headaches than satisfaction
my bad if anyone was expecting more features or whatever, this whole site has become more of a pebble in my shoe than anything else


Return to “LunaLua”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest