SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Electriking » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:32 pm

Animebryan wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:18 pm
Enjl wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:14 pm
Animebryan wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:55 pm

What do you mean?
You didn't set the ID in the NPC properties.
What the heck am I supposed to set it to? I don't know how it works & can't find any info on the stupid help file.
Set it to the ID based on which order you want each star coin to be set (the first star coin should be one, the last star coin should be the total number of star coins in the level).

Added in 1 minute 39 seconds:
Basically you should set the ID of the nth star coin to n.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:04 pm

Typing a random integer into the field, hitting F5 and observing the result would have taken less time than this chain of posts.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Animebryan
Bit
Bit
Flair: Need help!
Current Project: Star of Darkness

Postby Animebryan » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:54 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:04 pm
Typing a random integer into the field, hitting F5 and observing the result would have taken less time than this chain of posts.
No, giving a simple explanation of how it works like Electriking did would have taken less time than this chain of posts.
Need serious help with Lua based features :(

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:35 am

Animebryan wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:54 pm
Enjl wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:04 pm
No, giving a simple explanation of how it works like Electriking did would have taken less time than this chain of posts.
These options are not mutually exclusive. I had assumed the idea that the 0 should be anything but 0 was obvious from the fact that nothing happened when ID was set to 0 and the idea of changing it was pointed out. There wasn't really much that could be attempted other than setting it to anything else, and doing so would immediately reflect its purpose in the HUD.

I've just adjusted the hover description of star coins to clarify this step. That'll be in Beta 4, then.
ImageImageImageImage

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881

Postby Wohlstand » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:58 pm

Enjl wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:14 pm
Animebryan wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:55 pm
Enjl wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:45 pm

What do you mean?
Which NPC is? Why for Item-ID you are using spinbox from Firebar instead of NPC selector? Or you wanna set an ID of different item type? (for example, block or BGO, then, I have to make this ability on a quick hand)
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:17 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:58 pm
Which NPC is? Why for Item-ID you are using spinbox from Firebar instead of NPC selector? Or you wanna set an ID of different item type? (for example, block or BGO, then, I have to make this ability on a quick hand)
This is the Star Coin. ID needs to be a number between 0 and 99. It corresponds to the order of the star coin. The auto-increment field is only there because nobody knew how to hide it.
ImageImageImageImage

Reign
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: On a break from projects.

Postby Reign » Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:22 pm

Has anyone noticed, that once you trigger an event that stops the music, the music can not be turned back on again? "Change to default" or "Change music to" options don't seem to work in the events.
Episodes released:

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:17 am

Reign wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:22 pm
Has anyone noticed, that once you trigger an event that stops the music, the music can not be turned back on again? "Change to default" or "Change music to" options don't seem to work in the events.
Can you attach your level file where this happens? (no need resources: the file itself only) Are you sure was the event triggered correctly?

Added in 3 minutes 23 seconds:
Enjl wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:17 pm
This is the Star Coin. ID needs to be a number between 0 and 99. It corresponds to the order of the star coin. The auto-increment field is only there because nobody knew how to hide it.
That not available yet, and looks like that I forgot to allow that... Originally spin-box was used by Firebar only and no other NPC uses spinbox for a special value. Going to add the config pack flag...
Note the "Auto-increment" checkbox allows you to combine it with line mode and draw firebars easier (an old video showcase is here)

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Reign
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Reign » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:14 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:21 am
Can you attach your level file where this happens? (no need resources: the file itself only) Are you sure was the event triggered correctly?
I think this is just a difference between beta 3 and PAL. I have a custom mp3-file in the level in the section settings. The option "Reset to default" makes the custom mp3 play in beta3 but not in PAL. In PAL you have to select "Change music to "Custom"".

I'll post a level later if this seems unclear. :)
Episodes released:

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:24 pm

Reign wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:14 pm
I think this is just a difference between beta 3 and PAL. I have a custom mp3-file in the level in the section settings. The option "Reset to default" makes the custom mp3 play in beta3 but not in PAL. In PAL you have to select "Change music to "Custom"".
"Reset to default" means reset into the initial state of the chosen section (no matter, is the custom or default is set). The "custom" means the "song #24" which is an entry reserved to use a custom song that is currently in the field. SMBX won't allow you to have multiple custom songs in the same section. However, there are only two ways in SMBX2 where you can use more than 1 custom musics in the same section:
- by custom `music.ini` file, override some default music IDs with custom one, and use them
- by lua call `Audio.MusicChange(int section, string fileName, int fadeInDelayMs = -1)` https://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/LunaLua_glo ... _functions

Note that since some moment all sections counting at 0 instead of at 1. So, the first section is 0, the second is 1, etc. Didn't you confused?

P.S.
Reign wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:14 pm
mp3-file
Please, avoid using of MP3 format in future (it's just BAD and now legacy), the best alternative is OGG (or OPUS): it has better quality with better compression, and supports loop points (means: it allows you to have an intro part that plays once and looping part of the song which you can mark by loop tags, and you don't need to have multiple copies of that looping part in the same song which will make your song have a much smaller size!).

There are lots of other music formats you can use: https://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/SDL_Mixer_X#Music_Formats include tracker music and chiptunes with pure quality and tiny size!

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

Reign
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Reign » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:28 am

Wohlstand wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:24 pm

Note that since some moment all sections counting at 0 instead of at 1. So, the first section is 0, the second is 1, etc. Didn't you confused?

Please, avoid using of MP3 format in future (it's just BAD and now legacy), the best alternative is OGG (or OPUS): it has better quality with better compression, and supports loop points (means: it allows you to have an intro part that plays once and looping part of the song which you can mark by loop tags, and you don't need to have multiple copies of that looping part in the same song which will make your song have a much smaller size!).

There are lots of other music formats you can use: https://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/SDL_Mixer_X#Music_Formats include tracker music and chiptunes with pure quality and tiny size!
It might have something to do with sections as well, I couldn't really figure it out. All I know is, the music starts playing in beta 3 but not in PAL. But I have fixed it now. Thanks for the advice.
Episodes released:

gorovik
Goomba
Goomba
Flair: next year the whole month of april will be 4/20
Chat Username: G0R0

Won't let me play.

Postby gorovik » Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:56 pm

So, I installed SMBX2 B4, but when I try to open it it will say this message.
vcruntime140.dll is missing.
I already have vcruntime140.dll, so why? does anyone have a solution?

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:50 am

(idk if this has been asked already) what are the current limits on blocks / bgos / npcs on SMBX2PAL?

Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:59 am

Cedur wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:50 am
(idk if this has been asked already) what are the current limits on blocks / bgos / npcs on SMBX2PAL?
Blocks: 20k
NPCs: 5k
BGOs: 8k
Warps: 2k (unsure on this. Recalling from when I heard it was extended for maglx2)
World map limits are the same as 1.3.
ImageImageImageImage

DrMekar
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: CUSTOM CHARACTER CREATOR
Current Project: Mario Hereos 2: The Seal of Darkness, SMBXDM The Lost Levels 2, Path of Silence
Chat Username: DrMekar

Postby DrMekar » Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:35 am

Enjl wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:59 am
Cedur wrote:
Warps: 2k (unsure on this. Recalling from when I heard it was extended for maglx2)
A bit off Topic, but will these limits be rised. The BGO limit especially would be a big Help.
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-8fzX ... subscriber

Great Folks who support/ed my projects/in the past:

Suecra
jaf
Suckerman7 GM

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:52 am

DrMekar wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:35 am
Enjl wrote:
Cedur wrote:
A bit off Topic, but will these limits be rised. The BGO limit especially would be a big Help.
No plans at the moment, so we'll see. I'm curious how you manage to hit it. I don't think I ever have. 8k is a lot! If the BGOs you're using are fill bgos, you can kinda cheat the limit by just using bigger BGOs.
ImageImageImageImage

DrMekar
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: CUSTOM CHARACTER CREATOR
Current Project: Mario Hereos 2: The Seal of Darkness, SMBXDM The Lost Levels 2, Path of Silence
Chat Username: DrMekar

Postby DrMekar » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:55 am

Enjl wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:52 am
DrMekar wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:35 am
Enjl wrote:

No plans at the moment, so we'll see. I'm curious how you manage to hit it. I don't think I ever have. 8k is a lot! If the BGOs you're using are fill bgos, you can kinda cheat the limit by just using bigger BGOs.
I hit it in the past with Darkness BGOs, somethink that's
luckily not a problem anymore, aswell as Rain BGOs I still sometimes use, because Particle Rain goes over the whole Screen, somethink I don't want when for Example, making a Castle with Holes in the Roof.

But the bigger BGO Trick works most of the time. The Question was more curiousity.
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-8fzX ... subscriber

Great Folks who support/ed my projects/in the past:

Suecra
jaf
Suckerman7 GM

NoMoreStars
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Flair: I'M A STONE LUIGI
Current Project: Wind Valley (Level)

Postby NoMoreStars » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:14 pm

I find that it's a little annoying adding in custom blocks into the 751-1000 limit using .ini files. Especially when I have 100 blocks to add in. Mostly just because I have to define the image used in every single .ini file for each block added. Are there any plans for the future by any chance for a .ini file to be created by the program itself for each custom block (from the 751-1000 pool) .png added? I was thinking that it would just copy over the properties of block-1.ini while having the corresponding .png defined in each .ini of course. Does that make sense?

Eclipsed
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Postby Eclipsed » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:47 pm

Enjl wrote:
Cedur wrote:
oh sweet, i was getting worried that I was about to hit the block limit at my current pace
Check Out SMBX Servers List - It Hosts Every SMBX Server

Check out my channel for SMBX content and custom levels

My Best Speedruns:
[WR] Invasion 2 Any% All Characters in 28:28:602
Spoiler: show

[WR] The Princess Cliche in 7:16:263
[WR]Another Princess Cliche in 23:44:217
[WR] The Great Empire in 15:36:686
[WR]Super Mario Land Returns in 7:18:141
"I am the embodiment of Canada" - Darkonius Makavar

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:52 pm

NoMoreStars wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:14 pm
I find that it's a little annoying adding in custom blocks into the 751-1000 limit using .ini files. Especially when I have 100 blocks to add in. Mostly just because I have to define the image used in every single .ini file for each block added. Are there any plans for the future by any chance for a .ini file to be created by the program itself for each custom block (from the 751-1000 pool) .png added? I was thinking that it would just copy over the properties of block-1.ini while having the corresponding .png defined in each .ini of course. Does that make sense?
The idea of autofilling fallbacks for the image field has been suggested recently, and we hope to get that feature implemented soon. Other people share your sentiment for sure.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “LunaLua”