SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: Lowser's Conquest "Relowserd"

Re: SMBX2 PAL Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Sednaiur » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:40 am

Hello.
I just got the pal-build from the download-page linked on the first page of this topic and it seems that I am not getting something. How to actually start the launcher?
A double-click on the "SMBXLauncher" in the "data"-folder doesn't do anything, aswell as double-clicking the "SMBX2" exe itself.
Also, when I try to start the "LunaLoader" or the "LunaLoader-exec", just the normal old 1.3.0.1-editor window pops up. What am I doing wrong with this? Are there any known issues with that?
The download itself went fine and there was no notification from my antivirus (Avira) either. I am using Windows 10. Also, I installed the folder onto my desktop.
Please let me be more clear about my problem.
While SMBX2 itself works when I click the "Start Game"-button, the launcher does not. I mean, when clicking the LunaLoader, the window that opens looks like this:
It never loads, no matter how long I wait and I highly doubt that it is supposed to look like this.
This way makes it impossible for me to make use of any of the launcher-options, like episode details etc.

I really appreciate any help regarding this.

愛している、ビアンカ!

Lua-rank:Image

Spoiler: show

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:47 am

Sednaiur wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:40 am
Note that since some moment, I have added into LunaLua the hack that replaces launcher's page with "about:blank". I am annoyed of this stucking and trying to dig useless stuff that prevents normal use of this window, and I have completely dummied it.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:15 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:47 am
Note that since some moment, I have added into LunaLua the hack that replaces launcher's page with "about:blank". I am annoyed of this stucking and trying to dig useless stuff that prevents normal use of this window, and I have completely dummied it.
If I understand you correctly, this is normal at the moment and gets rolled back to functionality in the next update? If so, that is nice to know.
I also like to mention some mishaps and/or bugs about the pal-build. Here goes:
Editor-related: One of the tips that pop up on start-up says "You can set any necessary size of grid in the View ->Set align grid size menu". This however is not right, as this is done via the "Edit"-menu, not the "View"-menu.
NPC-related: The SMW-berries are blocking player-fireballs even though they shouldn't do so. The player is supposed to shoot through them.
NPC-related: The description of the red berry says that upon eating 10 of them, you will be rewarded with a 1-up. This also is wrong, as it will give the player a mushroom instead.
NPC-related: The smiley-coins that the "Minigame-Cloud" drops, are supposed to bounce once, when they hit the floor.

Maybe these have been mentioned before but hopefully this helps anyways.

Also a little question:
How do I change the NPC that spawns when eating 10 red berries. I figured out how to change the amount needed to spawn the mushroom, but not how to change the mushroom to anything else.

愛している、ビアンカ!

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:13 pm

Sednaiur wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:15 pm
Editor-related: One of the tips that pop up on start-up says "You can set any necessary size of grid in the View ->Set align grid size menu". This however is not right, as this is done via the "Edit"-menu, not the "View"-menu.
Whops, however, fixed just now:
https://github.com/WohlSoft/PGE-Project ... 274b3527a8
Sednaiur wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:15 pm
If I understand you correctly, this is normal at the moment and gets rolled back to functionality in the next update? If so, that is nice to know.
The new Laucher should work, the built-in web-box is deprecated and left for emergency cases to run a game without of any fights versus clunky IE-based web-box. Most of issues going from antiviruses and their false positives from off their heruistic scanners are literally attempts to guess a virus from unknown. There are making lots of nosense because of that. Good that it's possible to ship every treated file to AV team and they are always confirming that was a false positive. One of most recent examples is 'LunaLoader-exec.exe' - a new module that is required for LunaTester work, was treated by some antiviruses, and one of examples is WebRoot antivirus. I have contacted WebRoot team and there are have checked the file and confirmed that it's safe. Later, it's no more detecting by their antivirus.

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Wiimeiser
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: What?
Chat Username: Wiimeiser

Postby Wiimeiser » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:21 pm

On the subject of fireballs being stopped by NPCs they should be passing through, this happens with invisible containers as well.

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:28 pm

@Wohlstand
Thank you for fixing the mishap. When I first saw that message, I was so happy and just as disappointed afterwards, because I obviously did not find the option for gridsizes. Luckily I had found the option shortly after. ^^
Wohlstand wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:13 pm
The new Laucher should work, the built-in web-box is deprecated and left for emergency cases to run a game without of any fights versus clunky IE-based web-box. Most of issues going from antiviruses and their false positives from off their heruistic scanners are literally attempts to guess a virus from unknown. There are making lots of nosense because of that. Good that it's possible to ship every treated file to AV team and they are always confirming that was a false positive. One of most recent examples is 'LunaLoader-exec.exe' - a new module that is required for LunaTester work, was treated by some antiviruses, and one of examples is WebRoot antivirus. I have contacted WebRoot team and there are have checked the file and confirmed that it's safe. Later, it's no more detecting by their antivirus.
For me, the launcher does not work. When I double-click it, it loads for about a second, then nothing happens, so I have to use the LuaLoader instead. Everything else that is lua-related works without problems, though.

愛している、ビアンカ!

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Wohlstand » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:22 pm

Sednaiur wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:28 pm
For me, the launcher does not work. When I double-click it, it loads for about a second, then nothing happens, so I have to use the LuaLoader instead. Everything else that is lua-related works without problems, though.
Oh, I guess you should try to start "data/SMBXLauncher.exe" rather "SMBX2.exe" to see the error message why it won't start. Maybe because of some missing DLL I guess that didn't packed with PAL :thinking:

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

Sednaiur
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Sednaiur » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:31 pm

@Wohlstand I tried that but it reacts exactly the same, which means first loading for about a second and then nothing. I highly doubt that it is an installation or download-error, as this problem persists, no matter if re-installing or re-downloading.

Also, something regarding the rotating Bill Blaster: While standing on top of it, the spawning Bullet Bills are killed by the player immediately. I suggest lowering the spawn point of the Bullet Bills by an SMBX-pixel. Also, when you jump while standing to the right of the turning Bill Blaster's base, you will be stopped by the Billblaster itself. At least when you are small.

Another NPC-related thing: The SMB3 Arrow Lift Platform was completely solid in SMB3. It is only semi-solid in SMBX. Maybe this is intentional?

EDIT: Found another thing; If you throw a key at the Grrrolls, they are unharmed, but apparently simply dropping it onto the Grrrolls kills them. :-P

stageleft
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: Cinnamon & Sugar

Postby stageleft » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:16 pm

Noob question here as I'm just trying out Pal right now.
Is there an easy fix for getting a control pad to work in the level test mode? Mine doesn't seem to automaticly work like it does for previous engines and I'm not easily finding an option to make the engine sense that its plugged in.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:24 pm

stageleft wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:16 pm
Noob question here as I'm just trying out Pal right now.
Is there an easy fix for getting a control pad to work in the level test mode? Mine doesn't seem to automaticly work like it does for previous engines and I'm not easily finding an option to make the engine sense that its plugged in.
Try doing it in the old menu if you can't get your changes to save. If you are unable to do this via the launcher (you are unable to load an episode by clicking on Play), then try going to the level editor, click on test at the top, hover over luna-tester then click on start SMBX engine at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Mushroom King
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Mushroom King » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:04 pm

I had a bug with the Paddle Wheel where changing the settings in the PGE editor do nothing. It's always the default one with horizontal axis, 64 pixels radius, 4 platforms and starting angle of 25°, any change done in the item properties will never be applied. I am using the SMBX2-Integration config and the version of SMBX2 is 2.0.0b4.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:10 pm

version is definitely not beta4 since thats not released.
are you trying to do this in a lvl or lvlx file? it won't work in lvl files.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mushroom King
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Mushroom King » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:25 pm

lvlx, and really that's what I'm reading here about the version on the launcher

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:42 pm

window header version while playing should be accurate. just confirmed that i forgot to update that specific instance of the version header. oops.
as for paddlewheels, no clue. do any other extra settings work? i've seen several gifs frorm the pal release where people manipulated paddlewheels, so it can't be that.
ImageImageImageImage

Mushroom King
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Mushroom King » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:22 pm

Thanks for the information, looking at the header it indeed show 2.0.0 PAL. And no settings change will ever works on the wheel but the problem seems to be affecting other npcs/items too like the Yoshi Island platform can't start active

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg

Postby Enjl » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:55 pm

Please try if these settings work if you create a new lvlx file from scratch and place an npc with edited extra settings in it.
ImageImageImageImage

Mushroom King
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Mushroom King » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:04 pm

I did a new level, saved and tested in the editor, still not working. I remember it worked in the mx3 version.

Added in 12 minutes 53 seconds:
Also tried to put {id=10, count=3} in the setting of the explosive crate, still empty.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Wohlstand » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:01 am

Inspirited wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:32 pm
Bug: Seems like SFX play and create can change future basegame sound effects' volumes?
This bug has been fixed a week ago. ;)

You can apply the bugfix now with the taking of LunaLua update:
- LunaDll.dll and LunaDll.pdb from here: http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/_laboratory/_Bu ... UA-bin.zip
- Compatible SDL2.dll and SDL2_mixer_ext.dll from here: http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/_laboratory/_Bu ... 0.10-DS.7z
(these files are inside of SDL-Mixer-X/bin folder inside of archive)

(before replacing them, make a backup of old files!!! If something will not work, revert replacing of these files and wait for the next update of SMBX2)

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:

Hoeloe
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Re: SMBX2 MAGLX3 Release - Feedback, Questions and Bugs here!

Postby Hoeloe » Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:21 pm

Wohlstand wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:01 am

You can apply the bugfix now with the taking of LunaLua update
Please don't recommend changing the LunaLua install. It makes issues that do occur a lot harder to debug. You should absolutely consider LunaLua and SMBX2 to be part of the same thing, and not something you can just change without causing your install to do strange things.

Mushroom King
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Mushroom King » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:23 am

So, just informing than my problem was fixed by removing and reinstalling SMBX, the extra settings works now. I installed the first time SMBX PAL on the previous version of SMBX so maybe something conflicted from here?

Return to “LunaLua”