Page 1 of 1

[NPC Pack] Albatoss from SMB2

Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:30 pm
by boingboingsplat
I wanted an Albatoss for the level I was making it, and the current version didn't have one, so I went ahead and made it.

It'll fly forward in the direction its heading forever, ridable and passing through terrain just like SMB2. In addition, it is a container and can carry any NPC. It'll drop it's payload when a player is in a short distance in front of it.

Images: show
Image
Image

Download here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1m6c7d ... pI7-xTfY8U

You can use or modify it however you'd like, but if you do make a modified version and release it, please give me credit.

Re: [NPC Pack] Albatoss from SMB2

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:40 am
by Eri7
That's pretty good, good job!

Re: [NPC Pack] Albatoss from SMB2

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:35 am
by PROX
ooooh this is very useful

Re: [NPC Pack] Albatoss from SMB2

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:43 am
by MarcusG144
Gotta love these things... bombs away!

Re: [NPC Pack] Albatoss from SMB2

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:46 am
by AndrewPixel
Woah, this has a lot of potential, you did a really good job!

Re: [NPC Pack] Albatoss from SMB2

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:44 pm
by MegaDood
This is great, now we can make even more interesting levels.

Re: [NPC Pack] Albatoss from SMB2

Posted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:27 am
by MmmMario
You should do more of these. You are very talented!

Re: [NPC Pack] Albatoss from SMB2

Posted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:41 pm
by MegaDood
If you do any more, I think you should try and remake some 3D Mario enemies into SMBX possibly. That might be cool.

Re: [NPC Pack] Albatoss from SMB2

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:17 am
by 1AmPlayer
MegaDood wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:41 pm
If you do any more, I think you should try and remake some 3D Mario enemies into SMBX possibly. That might be cool.
That would be amazing. Honestly, I'd want to see Skeeter or Chuckya done in SMBX.

Re: [NPC Pack] Albatoss from SMB2

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:18 am
by MegaDood
1AmPlayer wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:17 am
MegaDood wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:41 pm
If you do any more, I think you should try and remake some 3D Mario enemies into SMBX possibly. That might be cool.
That would be amazing. Honestly, I'd want to see Skeeter or Chuckya done in SMBX.
Oh yeah that would be cool. A skeeter would be easier to do though, as they appeared in New Super Mario Bros. DS.

Re: [NPC Pack] Albatoss from SMB2

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:34 am
by MmmMario
MegaDood wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:18 am
1AmPlayer wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:17 am
MegaDood wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:41 pm
If you do any more, I think you should try and remake some 3D Mario enemies into SMBX possibly. That might be cool.
That would be amazing. Honestly, I'd want to see Skeeter or Chuckya done in SMBX.
Oh yeah that would be cool. A skeeter would be easier to do though, as they appeared in New Super Mario Bros. DS.
I'm not too sure about this, but I remember Enjl saying once that skeeters would be difficult to implement in SMBX. However, the new version might have changed that.

Re: [NPC Pack] Albatoss from SMB2

Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:17 am
by Eri7
What's so complicated about a skeeter that it would be hard to implement? I will try to see if i can do it in 38A and if its possible, then it will be easily possible in 2.0.

Re: [NPC Pack] Albatoss from SMB2

Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:04 am
by MegaDood
MmmMario wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:34 am
MegaDood wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:18 am
1AmPlayer wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:17 am

That would be amazing. Honestly, I'd want to see Skeeter or Chuckya done in SMBX.
Oh yeah that would be cool. A skeeter would be easier to do though, as they appeared in New Super Mario Bros. DS.
I'm not too sure about this, but I remember Enjl saying once that skeeters would be difficult to implement in SMBX. However, the new version might have changed that.
Huh, that's interesting. I wouldn't have imagined they would be that complex.