[NPC Pack] SMW Pokey

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7580
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

[NPC Pack] SMW Pokey

Postby Enjl » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:14 pm

After posting here I begun communicating with Ivy, who made the other Pokey script I was aware of, and asked for their permission to continue their work to address some common issues with existing Pokey scripts.

Took about half an hour to get it all up and running. Should be stable. There might be an error I missed somewhere though. It's 3am.
Here's the download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eFrYYX ... sp=sharing

And a demo:
Spoiler: show
Image
This NPC uses 2 IDs. The one that has an INI file is the "body" segment, and the only one you need to place in the editor.

NPC config:
walkspeed /default 1) - walk speed of the body segment (only needed on the body segment, 999 by default)
pokeybody (default 999) - id of the body segment (needed on both IDs)
pokeyhead (default 1000) - id of the head segment (needed on both IDs)
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
PROX
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:50 pm
Chat Username: PROX

Re: [NPC Pack] SMW Pokey

Postby PROX » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:14 am

Awesome! Thanks so much!
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

If it makes sense then it must make dollars

Youtube Channel: ProxyHax O.O

My Project (No logo yet): viewtopic.php?f=90&t=18321&start=20

My Graphics Pack:
Image

World Map Pack: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20173

User avatar
TheTrueMarioMaster
Bit
Bit
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:58 pm
Chat Username: TheTrueMarioMaster

Re: [NPC Pack] SMW Pokey

Postby TheTrueMarioMaster » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:47 am

Ironic how I bring up SMW Pokeys the previous day in a discord chat then suddenly I see them as an NPC pack today.
Other places to find me at.
PureZC
MarioFanGameGalaxy

User avatar
PROX
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:50 pm
Chat Username: PROX

Re: [NPC Pack] SMW Pokey

Postby PROX » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:02 am

TheTrueMarioMaster wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:47 am
Ironic how I bring up SMW Pokeys the previous day in a discord chat then suddenly I see them as an NPC pack today.
I made a request earlier
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

If it makes sense then it must make dollars

Youtube Channel: ProxyHax O.O

My Project (No logo yet): viewtopic.php?f=90&t=18321&start=20

My Graphics Pack:
Image

World Map Pack: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20173

Mushroom King
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 5:09 am

Re: [NPC Pack] SMW Pokey

Postby Mushroom King » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:16 am

This look nice but why the body part had the head effect when hit?

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7580
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: [NPC Pack] SMW Pokey

Postby Enjl » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:36 am

Mushroom King wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:16 am
This look nice but why the body part had the head effect when hit?
Not.. quite sure why that's a problem....
Spoiler: show
Image
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
PROX
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1743
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:50 pm
Chat Username: PROX

Re: [NPC Pack] SMW Pokey

Postby PROX » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:22 am

I love that you can do this now!
Spoiler: show
Image
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

If it makes sense then it must make dollars

Youtube Channel: ProxyHax O.O

My Project (No logo yet): viewtopic.php?f=90&t=18321&start=20

My Graphics Pack:
Image

World Map Pack: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20173

Mushroom King
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 5:09 am

Re: [NPC Pack] SMW Pokey

Postby Mushroom King » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:36 pm

Are they instantly defeated if hit in the head or having Yoshi eat the head? I don't have access to the game so I can't test it by myself.

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7580
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: [NPC Pack] SMW Pokey

Postby Enjl » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:39 pm

Mushroom King wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:36 pm
Are they instantly defeated if hit in the head or having Yoshi eat the head? I don't have access to the game so I can't test it by myself.
No.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mushroom King
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 106
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 5:09 am

Re: [NPC Pack] SMW Pokey

Postby Mushroom King » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:10 pm

Alright, thanks for the answer.

Abrahamsitokun2004
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:41 am
Flair: Play smbx, it's the best, and there will be more!
Current Project: SM: Adventure
Chat Username: Abrahamsitokun

Re: [NPC Pack] SMW Pokey

Postby Abrahamsitokun2004 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:05 am

Enji, Could you create one of these npcs?
Double cherry
Fire clow car

User avatar
Teemster2
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am

Re: [NPC Pack] SMW Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:18 pm

Enjl wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:14 pm
After posting here I begun communicating with Ivy, who made the other Pokey script I was aware of, and asked for their permission to continue their work to address some common issues with existing Pokey scripts.

Took about half an hour to get it all up and running. Should be stable. There might be an error I missed somewhere though. It's 3am.
Here's the download link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eFrYYX ... sp=sharing

And a demo:
Spoiler: show
Image
This NPC uses 2 IDs. The one that has an INI file is the "body" segment, and the only one you need to place in the editor.

NPC config:
walkspeed /default 1) - walk speed of the body segment (only needed on the body segment, 999 by default)
pokeybody (default 999) - id of the body segment (needed on both IDs)
pokeyhead (default 1000) - id of the head segment (needed on both IDs)
You are one of the last people keeping smbx 2.0 alive and active through new content.

Thanks for your hard work enjl. We have lost some great members but knowing your still strongly supporting the project makes me happy.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

User avatar
Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Posts: 4859
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: [NPC Pack] SMW Pokey

Postby Cedur » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:45 am

Teemster2 wrote:You are one of the last people keeping smbx 2.0 alive and active through new content.

This is surely an exaggeration, stemming from the fact that you're not part of any chats. The currently active SMBX2 devs also shouldn't be called "the last of the devs".
Image

Supports: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

If you're not smart enough to plan ahead, then DOOM ON YOU!

User avatar
Teemster2
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 297
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am

Re: [NPC Pack] SMW Pokey

Postby Teemster2 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:23 pm

Cedur wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:45 am
Teemster2 wrote:You are one of the last people keeping smbx 2.0 alive and active through new content.
This is surely an exaggeration, stemming from the fact that you're not part of any chats. The currently active SMBX2 devs also shouldn't be called "the last of the devs".
I understand. I did not mean to imply the dev team is dying out. I was just pointing out enjl is contributing a lot of content and is very active at the moment.

Back on topic. Pokey looks very nice. Thanks to both people who worked on it.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.


Return to “LunaLua”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest