SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Share and discuss custom LunaLua code and content packs for SMBX2.
User avatar
Hoeloe
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro
Posts: 1369
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Pronouns: she/her

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Hoeloe » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:30 pm

It's standard practice to use they/them pronouns in most of the text for SMBX2, this just appears to have been a slip up at one point.

fnafan88888888
Rex
Rex
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:41 pm
Flair: 38A

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby fnafan88888888 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:31 pm

Image

I can't get the whole sentence. Is there a way to get it all? Or that's the whole sentence?

User avatar
Cedur
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 6946
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Flair: semi-retired user, only interested in post ranks
Pronouns: he/him

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Cedur » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:15 pm

fnafan88888888 wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:31 pm
Image

I can't get the whole sentence. Is there a way to get it all? Or that's the whole sentence?

It means that you can make a mole destroy things when it breaks out. Thanks for showing this actually, this is news for me
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Amyrakunejo
Spike
Spike
Posts: 267
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:23 am
Flair: Philosophical, Pagan, Anarchist Femme Fair Gamer
Pronouns: she/her, they/them

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Amyrakunejo » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:20 pm

Uh, oh...
Looks like the tooltip script needs work...
Amyrakunejo, Femme Fair Gamer, Bassist, Vocalist, In-Your-Face Screamer, Gynesexual
And at night she whispers, Ride the Wind, never comin' back 'til I touch the midnight sun...


"Is there really a choice for us, or are we always, sometimes monsters?"

What my POTATO PC can run with little to no issues:
SMBX 1.3, SMBX 2 Beta 3, RM2000/2003/XP/VX/VX Ace, L/ZDooM, PrBooM
What it struggles with:
NSMBX/SMR, SMBX 2 Beta 4, RMMV
What it will not run:
GZDooM, RMMZ, SMBX 2 PAL


fnafan88888888
Rex
Rex
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:41 pm
Flair: 38A

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby fnafan88888888 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:11 pm

Image
May I ask why I can't use the new settings in old levels such as "The Invasion 2" levels?

User avatar
MarioLover64
Snifit
Snifit
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:09 pm

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby MarioLover64 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:22 pm

there exlusive to .lvlx files, invasion 2 levels are .lvl files

fnafan88888888
Rex
Rex
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:41 pm
Flair: 38A

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby fnafan88888888 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:40 pm

MarioLover64 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:22 pm
there exlusive to .lvlx files, invasion 2 levels are .lvl files
Is there a way to fix it with the old levels?

User avatar
MarioLover64
Snifit
Snifit
Posts: 249
Joined: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:09 pm

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby MarioLover64 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:45 pm

fnafan88888888 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:40 pm
MarioLover64 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:22 pm
there exlusive to .lvlx files, invasion 2 levels are .lvl files
Is there a way to fix it with the old levels?
save as a .lvlx file

User avatar
Wohlstand
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Posts: 1842
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Wohlstand » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:06 am

fnafan88888888 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:11 pm
Image
May I ask why I can't use the new settings in old levels such as "The Invasion 2" levels?
You can convert entire "The Invasion 2" episode into PGE-X (all LVLX files and WLDX world map) by using of PGE Maintainer tool
(find it at data/PGE/pge_maintainer.exe), and using the "Level and Episodes format convertng/fixing" mode inside of it.
Note for SMBX2: after conversion, re-save WLDX world map into WLD as WLDX doesn't work in SMBX2.
SMBX for Android, Moondust Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

TheXTech - modern port of SMBX, also for Android
SMBX on TheXTech Topic

Moondust Project (aka PGE)
Moondust Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 9151
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Enjl » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:16 am

Wohlstand wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:06 am
fnafan88888888 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:11 pm
Image
May I ask why I can't use the new settings in old levels such as "The Invasion 2" levels?
You can convert entire "The Invasion 2" episode into PGE-X (all LVLX files and WLDX world map) by using of PGE Maintainer tool
(find it at data/PGE/pge_maintainer.exe), and using the "Level and Episodes format convertng/fixing" mode inside of it.
Note for SMBX2: after conversion, re-save WLDX world map into WLD as WLDX doesn't work in SMBX2.
Don't actually follow this advice. Just save your levels as .lvlx
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

User avatar
Wohlstand
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Posts: 1842
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 pm
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Wohlstand » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:46 am

Enjl wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:16 am
Don't actually follow this advice. Just save your levels as .lvlx
If need single level - then yes, just re-save, then, change the link at world map and levels with warps that leads this level to keep level being reachable. This advice is for batch conversion. Especially because if you just save each level manually, world map will miss them (as .lvl links still be set), Maintainer automatically renames those links while conversion.
SMBX for Android, Moondust Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon
Image

TheXTech - modern port of SMBX, also for Android
SMBX on TheXTech Topic

Moondust Project (aka PGE)
Moondust Project SMBX Topic

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

Image
P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

User avatar
Wiimeiser
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:36 am
Flair: What?

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Wiimeiser » Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:16 am

I've actually been doing something like that with The Invasion 2 while also trying to add in Star Coins and Switch Palaces. In case you're wondering, the Switch Palaces branch off:
Spoiler: show
Yellow- Existing secret exit in Subcon Nightmare Land, completion continues the shortcut but this might change
Red- New secret exit in Jumpy Hoppy Turtle Zone (Key & keyhole under the staircase of red ! blocks near the end)
Green- Existing secret exit in Flying Raccoon Zone, completion continues the shortcut but this might change
Blue- Unused Boom Boom exit in Pyramid of Fail
I'm also trying to make use of unused areas, like the unused forest extension and snow bonus.

Jumper
Dolphin
Dolphin
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:32 pm

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Jumper » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:51 pm

Wiimeiser wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:16 am
I've actually been doing something like that with The Invasion 2 while also trying to add in Star Coins and Switch Palaces. In case you're wondering, the Switch Palaces branch off:
Spoiler: show
Yellow- Existing secret exit in Subcon Nightmare Land, completion continues the shortcut but this might change
Red- New secret exit in Jumpy Hoppy Turtle Zone (Key & keyhole under the staircase of red ! blocks near the end)
Green- Existing secret exit in Flying Raccoon Zone, completion continues the shortcut but this might change
Blue- Unused Boom Boom exit in Pyramid of Fail
I'm also trying to make use of unused areas, like the unused forest extension and snow bonus.
Nice, wouldn't mind giving that a go when it's finished.

Good luck.
Supported Projects: show
Image
Image
Spoiler: show
thehelmetguy1 wrote: True rules of SMBX:
1-SMB3 graphics ftw
2-SMB3 graphics are the answer to life
3-If you don't use SMB3 graphics you don't know how to make levels
4-SMB3 graphics are the most important thing to have in your level
5-SMB3 graphics were so loved that someone said they were overrated and this person died 1337 times and became a SMB3 graphic. We could make a religion out of this.

User avatar
Wiimeiser
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:36 am
Flair: What?

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Wiimeiser » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:46 pm

I'm pretty much done with it. All I really need is to place Dragon Coins, Boohemoth, and a way to spend Star Coins.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 9151
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Enjl » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:35 am

Wiimeiser wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:46 pm
I'm pretty much done with it. All I really need is to place Dragon Coins, Boohemoth, and a way to spend Star Coins.
Boohemoth isn't released yet.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

User avatar
Wiimeiser
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:36 am
Flair: What?

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Wiimeiser » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:23 am

Enjl wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:35 am
Wiimeiser wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:46 pm
I'm pretty much done with it. All I really need is to place Dragon Coins, Boohemoth, and a way to spend Star Coins.
Boohemoth isn't released yet.
Exactly my point. He's not released yet, so I can't use him.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 9151
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Enjl » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:33 am

Wiimeiser wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:23 am
Enjl wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:35 am
Wiimeiser wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:46 pm
I'm pretty much done with it. All I really need is to place Dragon Coins, Boohemoth, and a way to spend Star Coins.
Boohemoth isn't released yet.
Exactly my point. He's not released yet, so I can't use him.
Ah, that wasn't clear to me, since the other 2 things listed are possible. Apologies!
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

User avatar
Wiimeiser
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:36 am
Flair: What?

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Wiimeiser » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:49 am

So spending Star Coins is possible, but I don't think I've seen any NPC that does it?

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 9151
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Enjl » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:11 am

Wiimeiser wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:49 am
So spending Star Coins is possible, but I don't think I've seen any NPC that does it?
Why would an NPC be in charge of that?
You'd just need to access the SaveData variable in starcoin.lua: SaveData._basegame.starcoinCounter, which stores the number of star coins collected on the save file. Decreasing that to "spend" star coins is not going to interfere with any internal code, so it can be used as a metric of spending if you don't wanna use a separate variable for spending.
And from there it's as easy as checking if you have over a certain amount in an onEvent or something, and then decreasing the count and calling triggerEvent(event_name_for_the_event_when_the_check_passes) and storing for what the coins were spent so that you can run that event again in onStart when the item was purchased.

Code: Select all

SaveData.hasPurchasedItem = SaveData.hasPurchasedItem or false

function onEvent(eventname)
	if eventname == "check star coin count" then
		if SaveData._basegame.starcoinCounter >= 5 then
			SaveData._basegame.starcoinCounter = SaveData._basegame.starcoinCounter - 5
			triggerEvent("activatePurchasedItem")
			SaveData.hasPurchasedItem = true
		end
	end
end

function onStart()
	if SaveData.hasPurchasedItem then
		triggerEvent("activatePurchasedItem")
	end
end
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

User avatar
Wiimeiser
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 180
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:36 am
Flair: What?

Re: SMBX2 BETA 4 Release - Feedback and Suggestions here!

Postby Wiimeiser » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:15 am

Okay, so it's entirely lua based, but I wouldn't know the lua needed to make it work. For example, what would I need to make using Warp #4 cost 20 Star Coins?


Return to “LunaLua”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest