Creating a Custom Pause Menu

Post here for help and support regarding LunaLua and SMBX2's libraries and features.
Chipss
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: Luigi's Fight for the Lost Island

Creating a Custom Pause Menu

Postby Chipss » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:21 pm

Hello, I was wondering if it was possible to create a custom pause menu that could be used in game when pressing ESC. I have many people who are interested in my episode that aren't familiar with SMBX and I have created a custom launcher for them that only contains the play button, controller configuration, and save file selection. So, building on top of this, I do not want them to have access to SMBX's title screen. So I either want to have a quit button that closes the game (though I doubt this method is possible), or a pause menu that doesn't contain an option to quit, so that they cannot access the title screen. I plan to have a title screen level where the player is able to enter pipes as opposed to clicking buttons to select options.

Thanks for any help!
Best way to contact me: Chipss#9594 on Discord

Check out my project: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=25639

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Creating a Custom Pause Menu

Postby Enjl » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:13 pm

Making an episode-specific pause menu is a matter of cancelling the onPause event when it happens and instead toggling a boolean that you can use for your own pause menu logic:
The ABC of Creation

Return to “LunaLua Help”