My notes from playing:
- Pretty nice aeshetic for a grass level, though the brightness feels like it would at times be more at home in a jungle setting
- Never have I seen a level where "pipes that drill through the ground and go off the bottom of the section" means "Venus Fire Trap" rather than "Warp Pipe". The unwelcome neighbour that assaulted me freaked me out a nonzero amount of times.
- - Aside from the fact that this practice seems inconsistent at best in this level, so now I'm even more confused
- When I started to play the level, I didn't know how to obtain the powerup boxes on the first screen
- Are there two suns?
- Faaairly simple and repetitive gameplay wise. The darkness doesn't particularly provide another challenge to the player, since it just makes it harder to see
- - This, in turn, means it can be described as an extra challenge for players with decently reflective monitors
- - It is also used sparingly enough that the level wouldn't feel any different if it were absent
- When I saw the waterfalls I expected some SMB2 logs to come forth, but I shouldn't digress too far from what's presented
- Jumping between a pipe ptooie and its spike ball was, for me, the most challenging section of the level
Overall I don't exactly have many feelings for or against this level. It's there, it's fair (except for people with reflective monitors) and players like me who enjoy a more densely packed level can rush through it in a minute or so (although I wonder how speedrun friendly it is, hm...)
Please do not use any of my assets (graphics, scripts) in works affiliated with the Novaverse. This applies to the original releases of those assets as well as any third-party variations (recolours, script alterations). Thank you.
The ABC of Creation