[Mountain/Ice] Penguin Peak

Forum for submissions to the Official™ SLAM Collab project!
RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

[Mountain/Ice] Penguin Peak

Postby RudeGuy » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:18 am

This level took me a while.
  • Number of exits: 1
  • Has dragon coins: Yes
  • No character filters
  • No powerup filters
Screenshot (gif):
Spoiler: show

Download:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QHfaQ ... 8A5jj-Hd85
Last edited by RudeGuy on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
im bored

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Re: [Mountain/Ice] Penguin Peak

Postby Cedur » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:53 am

Just a note, it's not necessary to have the whole devkit inside the download (I know it's courtesy but you can assume people to have the devkit so I was slightly confused from the download structure)

As of now, I like the segments, challenges and aesthetics, however I died many times upon exploring them, so an early checkpoint near the second dragon coin plus a checkpoint after exiting the cave would be really good.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi

Postby RudeGuy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:22 am

Cedur wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:53 am
As of now, I like the segments, challenges and aesthetics, however I died many times upon exploring them, so an early checkpoint near the second dragon coin plus a checkpoint after exiting the cave would be really good.
I don't know... the level isn't super long and the beginning is almost too easy if you don't go for the yoshi coins. Also, the fourth section is very short, wouldn't make sense to place a checkpoint there... would placing more powerups help? The leaf is the main powerup and helps tremendously if you get it.
Also, are there any specific challenges that you find too difficult? I'll try balancing them.
im bored

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Save climate, cut fridays for whole-week future
Current Project: various playthroughs and tests

Postby Cedur » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:43 am

The beginning is easy but you have to repeat it every time you die later on. (Interestingly I never died from the second dragon coin). I only died from the wide pits and the spikes before the 1st checkpoint. Nothing wrong with that but the repeating of the prior sections was just annoying. Same for the end.
More Supports: show

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi

Postby RudeGuy » Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:47 am

I've just ended up making everything easier. I've also added a checkpoint after the first section (so you don't have to repeat the tutorial) and tried to mitigate the problem with the pits.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DE_rG ... OorOAQx7BW
im bored

Return to “SLAM”