The SMBX CGFX Pack (Up & Running)

This is the place for custom SMBX graphics.
Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Utopia
Chat Username: SquishyRex

Re: The SMBX CGFX Pack (Up & Running)

Postby Squishy Rex » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:27 am

I've had a look at what's going on here. It looks like someone has decided to undo some of our hard work. There is a lot of stuff missing again, but because I have all of the content still on my computer, it just has to re-uploaded again. We are looking at finding a better way to have this pack online (an MFGG style page would be ideal and has been discussed a while ago but is not something to be seen in the foreseeable future) and of course once we find a suitable "host/repository" things will look and run much smoother.

To those who have asked if they can upload things, yes of course you can! We appreciate any and all help to finally bring this GFX Pack back up to scratch. Just be sure to upload your files to the correct directories with correct naming and credits. All of the base folders are there and waiting to be filled, all you have to do is drag and drop your content into the appropriate folders.

NOTE: Because of there now being SMBX 2.0 and SMBX38A/1.4 we have to add a few more folders to accommodate for new NPCs, files etc. So if you have any custom stuff for either of these versions, if you could wait a while till we sort out their directories before uploading anything that would be great.
Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack
A Graphical Revolution is Coming!

The Dwarven Digger
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: A few things :)
Chat Username: The Dwarven Digger

Postby The Dwarven Digger » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:34 am

I think that within the folders (level, BGO, background etc.) we should organise graphics by theme. You could have a folder for grassland tiles, castle tiles, cave tiles, basically anything that a lot of people have made graphics for. You could also have an 'other' folder for all the graphics that don't fit into any of the other themes, and only have a few graphics with that theme (as if there were a lot, you would make a new folder for them.)
This would organise the pack a LOT better, as instead of scrolling through literally hundreds or even thousands of graphics, you would just look at the folder(s) for whatever theme you are looking for.
I support: show

My current project:

My (sort of) abandoned projects:
I might get back to them at some point
Projects: show
- SMBXPy (SMBX editor coded with Python and Pygame)
- SMB 1.5 (SMB-based project using PGE editor, uses Sedniaur's Expanded SMB1 GFX)
- SMW: Star Rush (SMW-based project in 38-A)
- Possibly a more non-linear episode
- Something dwarf-related
- Learning some LunaLua
- And probably a couple of others I forgot.

MosaicMario
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Current Project: The Mosaic Group's Journey, Toad's SMB Adventure, Also, The Enemy's Boss Rush(yeah sure)
Chat Username: Mosaic

Postby MosaicMario » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:41 am

The Dwarven Digger wrote:I think that within the folders (level, BGO, background etc.) we should organise graphics by theme. You could have a folder for grassland tiles, castle tiles, cave tiles, basically anything that a lot of people have made graphics for. You could also have an 'other' folder for all the graphics that don't fit into any of the other themes, and only have a few graphics with that theme (as if there were a lot, you would make a new folder for them.)
This would organise the pack a LOT better, as instead of scrolling through literally hundreds or even thousands of graphics, you would just look at the folder(s) for whatever theme you are looking for.

I agree

My Level Thread

My Main Project

Other Projects: show
ImageImage

Contests: show
Contests i'm currently in
TTK's Mountain Level Contest: Level Finished
TTK's Sky Level Contest: Level Finished
SMBX Grand Extravaganza: Level Finished
Contests I've previously joined
Community Contest 11 Placed 83th
Weather/Hazard Contest Placed 7th
SMBX Music Contest 2 Placed 5th
Water Level Contest Placed 1st
Community Contest 12 Placed 39th
Underground Level Contest Level Placed 5th
SVLC 2 Placed 7th
Snow Level Contest Level Placed 5th
Funky Fresh Contest Never Finished
Artemis008's SMW Contest Results Got Terminated

I Support: show

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

Yes, i have autism

Murphmario
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Murphmario » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:00 pm

I also agree.

Also, what should people do with NPC folders that replace multiple NPCs?

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:49 am

The Dwarven Digger wrote:I think that within the folders (level, BGO, background etc.) we should organise graphics by theme. You could have a folder for grassland tiles, castle tiles, cave tiles, basically anything that a lot of people have made graphics for. You could also have an 'other' folder for all the graphics that don't fit into any of the other themes, and only have a few graphics with that theme (as if there were a lot, you would make a new folder for them.)

It's worth a try, we have the space to do it at the moment so it could work. Really the NPCs are the only things that are actually sorted out, while everything else is just dumped into a singular folder. I think it's an idea mentioned once before a long time ago, but I suppose, while the online version is practically empty again, adding more structure now would be easier than later once it is filled with graphics. I shall get onto that tonight.

Murphmario wrote:I also agree.

I will be adding a folder specifically for that, say you made a pack of NPCs which follow a certain theme (eg. Halloween), instead of uploading each individual NPC to their correct NPC folders, there will be a folder called NPC Packs for which you can dump the whole pack into. Basically like how the Full Changes folder from the old SMBX CGFX Pack works. Instead of trying to split everything up, the whole themed pack can be presented as a whole.
Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack

MarioRPGExpert93
Birdo
Birdo
Chat Username: Classically Trained

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:47 am

Squishy Rex wrote:

It's worth a try, we have the space to do it at the moment so it could work. Really the NPCs are the only things that are actually sorted out, while everything else is just dumped into a singular folder. I think it's an idea mentioned once before a long time ago, but I suppose, while the online version is practically empty again, adding more structure now would be easier than later once it is filled with graphics. I shall get onto that tonight.

Murphmario wrote:I also agree.

I will be adding a folder specifically for that, say you made a pack of NPCs which follow a certain theme (eg. Halloween), instead of uploading each individual NPC to their correct NPC folders, there will be a folder called NPC Packs for which you can dump the whole pack into. Basically like how the Full Changes folder from the old SMBX CGFX Pack works. Instead of trying to split everything up, the whole themed pack can be presented as a whole.

Thanks for the advice man! I need that for my SMBX Episode! ^.^')
Mario RPGs I owned: 08/11

Main Goals in Mario RPGs:

• 100% Paper Mario Sticker Star
  • Complete Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Master all Bros. Attacks in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
  • 100% Paper Mario 64
  • Play through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a BP only run
My sprite art: http://paperwilliam.deviantart.com/
TSR: PaperWilliam 8-)
I have Autism & ADHD! :|

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:34 am

I've noticed something now with the new structuring of folders based on themes. It is actually making it a lot easier to spot doubled-up graphics after each upload session. I'm definitely going to continue with this addition structuring across the rest of the pack, though this may take a little bit of time to achieve, it is going to be worth it for the rest of you guys in the end.

On another note, if you have any suggestions/ideas in regards to the pack itself, feel free to voice them below. :)
Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack

Murphmario
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Murphmario » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:38 pm

There's really no reason to make a separate folder for 1.3 NPCs seeing as how both types of folders are the same files. Plus, I've been working on some of the 1.3 npcs in the folder.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Murphmario wrote:There's really no reason to make a separate folder for 1.3 NPCs seeing as how both types of folders are the same files. Plus, I've been working on some of the 1.3 npcs in the folder.

Sorry. I did that because 1.3 NPC PNGs are both compatible with 1.4 and 2.0, so that there wouldn't have to be duplicates in both the 1.4 and 2.0 folders of, say, a PNG purple goomba. And I appreciate the work you did on the 1.4 NPCs, 2.0 NPCs, and block folders. Please keep it up!
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:
Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/

First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom

KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:14 am

FanofSMBX wrote:
Murphmario wrote:There's really no reason to make a separate folder for 1.3 NPCs seeing as how both types of folders are the same files. Plus, I've been working on some of the 1.3 npcs in the folder.

Sorry. I did that because 1.3 NPC PNGs are both compatible with 1.4 and 2.0, so that there wouldn't have to be duplicates in both the 1.4 and 2.0 folders of, say, a PNG purple goomba. And I appreciate the work you did on the 1.4 NPCs, 2.0 NPCs, and block folders. Please keep it up!

Yeah I was thinking along the lines of doing the same thing thanks for getting in ahead of me on that. I didn't think that through as well I should have when I dumped the files. If someone can upload the SMBX 1.3.0.1 Default Graphics that would be great. I didn't want to have to download it just to do a file dump. Or unless someone knows every graphic that was fixed in the 1.3.0.1 update, maybe just add those, as they are the only ones which are of importance.
Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:09 pm

Also, do we know what happened that made so many folders blank? There are some Blocks, BGOs, Backgrounds, and NPC folders that exist, but have nothing in them.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:

First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom

KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Murphmario
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Murphmario » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:45 pm

That can entirely be blamed on me. I tried reuploading the folders once they were deleted, but I made the mistake of uploading the entire folders instead of one at a time, and the uploader couldn't handle the amount. I might try again one piece at a time.

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:41 am

Murphmario wrote:That can entirely be blamed on me. I tried reuploading the folders once they were deleted, but I made the mistake of uploading the entire folders instead of one at a time, and the uploader couldn't handle the amount. I might try again one piece at a time.

Oh that's what happened? You can upload folders in their entirety, but for some reason, you will need a bit of speed as far as your internet goes. That's happened to me a couple of times before, but don't be too concerned. If you do the bulk of your uploads when you have a good, strong connection it will be fine. Otherwise, you can upload files one by one. I have found that sometimes, closing OneDrive/logging out and then going back into it can fix the problem.
Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:58 pm

Should Backgrounds and Background Objects be separated into folders (besides their format)?
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom

KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Well, I'll just go ahead on BGOs so I don't waste a perfectly good weekend. I'll leave the backgrounds to Murphmario so he can decide whether they should be sorted by theme or time of day.

Also, what graphics and graphics packs do you guys want to see in the cloud next?
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom

KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

MarioRPGExpert93
Birdo
Birdo
Chat Username: Classically Trained

Postby MarioRPGExpert93 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:19 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:Well, I'll just go ahead on BGOs so I don't waste a perfectly good weekend. I'll leave the backgrounds to Murphmario so he can decide whether they should be sorted by theme or time of day.

Also, what graphics and graphics packs do you guys want to see in the cloud next?

Let me think, maybe a 'Super Mario World"-style desert graphics pack?
Mario RPGs I owned: 08/11

Main Goals in Mario RPGs:

• 100% Paper Mario Sticker Star
  • Complete Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
  • Master all Bros. Attacks in Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
  • 100% Paper Mario 64
  • Play through Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door in a BP only run
My sprite art: http://paperwilliam.deviantart.com/
TSR: PaperWilliam 8-)
I have Autism & ADHD! :|

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:07 pm

NintendoOtaku93 wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:Well, I'll just go ahead on BGOs so I don't waste a perfectly good weekend. I'll leave the backgrounds to Murphmario so he can decide whether they should be sorted by theme or time of day.

Let me think, maybe a 'Super Mario World"-style desert graphics pack?

You can find two versions in this folder!
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... C9678BB8FA
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom

KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:17 am

I'd say yes to this, if we're going to spend the time sorting things properly then we may as well do across the board. There's already over 1000 BGOs and that's mostly from just the old GFX Pack. If we sort them into their respective themes, both BGOs and Backgrounds it will allow people to find things quicker and spend less time scrolling and waiting for each folder to load on screen.
Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:27 pm

Murphmario wrote:That can entirely be blamed on me. I tried reuploading the folders once they were deleted, but I made the mistake of uploading the entire folders instead of one at a time, and the uploader couldn't handle the amount. I might try again one piece at a time.

It's ok, the same thing is happening to me.

Also please upload MarioWizzerd's SMB1 8-bit to 16-bit tiles to the Tileset Packs folder again. The folders inside of it were empty, so I deleted it because I thought it was mine that didn't upload. I'm sorry. But it would need to be uploaded again anyways.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom

KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:26 pm

Squishy, could you please search for the Special Blocks folder in Blocks? I found the Grass folder hiding inside another folder, but the Special Blocks folder eludes me.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom

KINGBOWSER112 RULES!