BukkitmanPlaysMC wrote:You should make a power up that makes the player into a zombie
I've played too much Final Fantasy to regard a zombie power as an "upgrade". But here's what I think would happen:
1. Enemies that can
be killed will be hurt (for the same damage as a shell) if your zombie merely touches them. Anything that doesn't disappear will kill you instantly.
2. Poison mushrooms have no effect, while power-ups kill you instantly.
3. You can't dash, ride Yoshi, or equip shoes. But you can still grab items and ride rainbow shells.
4. You can't listen to anybody or read messages as a zombie.
5. Water kills you instantly as a zombie would fall apart. On the other hand, damage blocks (such as spikes and munchers) have no effect. This can be a problem if you used fire for a damage floor.
6. If you're a zombie, what gives you a 1-Up will instead remove zombie status and turn you back to super whoever (or Link with 2 hearts). The 1-Up/2-Up pattern begins after
you get rid of zombie.
7. Of course, losing a life will also remove zombie status.
The best thing to do is design levels where you need to become a zombie to complete the level, but you can't take the zombie "power" out of the level.