Playable Wario and Waluigi // "Heyyyyyy"

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
Shocker
Spiny
Spiny

Playable Wario and Waluigi // "Heyyyyyy"

Postby Shocker » Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:00 pm

Hellllllloooooooo!

Long time no see! For any old old members here, it's me Shocker/YATQTT (lol)/TANOOKISUITSME from back in the day. I left about three years ago because the community was dwindling, I wanted to learn flash, and to be 100% honest, I was pretty bad at stuff here. Couldn't design a level to save my life. Still can't. So instead I made a lot of playables and bosses, which I'm going to guess have still gone unused.

ANYWAY, flash forward three years. I did a lot with Flash, really liked it, but it was getting old. It was a hacking/modifying type game community, and I ran a successful fork of the game for quite a while. It got big, but it's a surprisingly harsh community, and I'll be honest, I got burned. It got a bit too real for me, which really turned me off of the whole Flash deal.

So what does a five year running graphics hobby guy turned to after his three year hobby ends? He goes back to his two year hobby.

I dug up some old stuff and went to work making a new set of playable characters. I don't quite know why, I just wanted to. I do like this community, so I figured I might as well swing back for a little bit (which may turn into a long bit).

Grabbed some sprites of MFGG and set to work creating Wario and Waluigi over Toad and Peach in SMB3/SMA4 style.

I never used to mess with sprites very much, but with a little newfound ability, I actually edited a good bit to give them leaf/tanooki/hammer forms, and suddenly it was like I'd never left.

So I ended up with these surprisingly capable playable characters, which hopefully someone will use in some kind of Mario/Wario Bros. project, but who knows. Each character comes with all eight forms, their character boxes, a death effect, a map sprite, and their fireball (for them alone or for both). I left the boomerang/Peach bomb as is (partly for irony, partly because I'd forgotten they exist).

Within this spoiler, you'll find images of all 8 forms. The sprites, as I said are from MFGG, with varying degrees of editing. Waluigi needed a lot of editing for his small and power-up forms, but Wario was slightly easier. Either way, credit to the awesome guys who made those sprite sheets. The map sprites are just Mario/Luigi recolors because at that size, it's just easier to be simple.
Spoiler: show
And without further ado, the download:
https://mega.nz/#!y1FGRQhb!0CHv91lE33nz ... _cDpQiajLU

Forgive me if my BBCode is a little rusty, and glad to be back :)
Last edited by Shocker on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Destiny
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Giving up on every project since 2013 :D

Re: Playable Wario and Waluigi // "Heyyyyyy"

Postby Destiny » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:01 pm

The link isn't working, MEGA's asking for a decryption key.

Shocker
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Shocker » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:51 pm

Destiny wrote:The link isn't working, MEGA's asking for a decryption key.
Thanks, I didn't quite know how Mega worked. Should be fixed now!

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Flair: Legalize Awooo!

Postby WerewolfGD » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:56 pm

OMG the waluigi playable gaves me a nightmare tbh
Wow, the Playable characters looks great! The shading loooks nice especially the waluigi playable. Going to use this later.
Yea... I'm back, but with different view.

Known also as Camacho or Harvey36Dice.
Also a furry

Awooo!
If you want to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:54 am

You got them from MFGG? It would be a good idea to credit the original author of this. Back then the smbx community had a argument bc mfgg didn't like it that some people made their stuff into smbx without giving credit to them.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no

Postby AirSeus » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:03 am

Shocker wrote:Hellllllloooooooo!

Long time no see! For any old old members here, it's me Shocker/YATQTT (lol)/TANOOKISUITSME from back in the day. I left about three years ago because the community was dwindling, I wanted to learn flash, and to be 100% honest, I was pretty bad at stuff here. Couldn't design a level to save my life. Still can't. So instead I made a lot of playables and bosses, which I'm going to guess have still gone unused.

ANYWAY, flash forward three years. I did a lot with Flash, really liked it, but it was getting old. It was a hacking/modifying type game community, and I ran a successful fork of the game for quite a while. It got big, but it's a surprisingly harsh community, and I'll be honest, I got burned. It got a bit too real for me, which really turned me off of the whole Flash deal.

So what does a five year running graphics hobby guy turned to after his three year hobby ends? He goes back to his two year hobby.

I dug up some old stuff and went to work making a new set of playable characters. I don't quite know why, I just wanted to. I do like this community, so I figured I might as well swing back for a little bit (which may turn into a long bit).

Grabbed some sprites of MFGG and set to work creating Wario and Waluigi over Toad and Peach in SMB3/SMA4 style.

I never used to mess with sprites very much, but with a little newfound ability, I actually edited a good bit to give them leaf/tanooki/hammer forms, and suddenly it was like I'd never left.

So I ended up with these surprisingly capable playable characters, which hopefully someone will use in some kind of Mario/Wario Bros. project, but who knows. Each character comes with all eight forms, their character boxes, a death effect, a map sprite, and their fireball (for them alone or for both). I left the boomerang/Peach bomb as is (partly for irony, partly because I'd forgotten they exist).

Within this spoiler, you'll find images of all 8 forms. The sprites, as I said are from MFGG, with varying degrees of editing. Waluigi needed a lot of editing for his small and power-up forms, but Wario was slightly easier. Either way, credit to the awesome guys who made those sprite sheets. The map sprites are just Mario/Luigi recolors because at that size, it's just easier to be simple.
And without further ado, the download:
https://mega.nz/#!y1FGRQhb!0CHv91lE33nz ... _cDpQiajLU

Forgive me if my BBCode is a little rusty, and glad to be back :)
First of all, welcome back, I missed you! I never got to use the playable princess shroob you made for me back in the day though...

With that out of the way, these graphics are not what I though that would be, but even better! These playable look astonishingly good, well done!
I dunno, something inspirational is supposed to go here so here I go:

Realize the difference between criticism and hate.
Criticism is direct feedback about the level that helps and tells you what you could do better and/or what you could expand upon.
Hate is direct insults towards you/your level that tell you nothing other than how bad you are.

AKA: Don't cry at every responce you get, just ignore hate and respond to criticism.

Shocker
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Shocker » Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:46 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:You got them from MFGG? It would be a good idea to credit the original author of this. Back then the smbx community had a argument bc mfgg didn't like it that some people made their stuff into smbx without giving credit to them.
It was three or four different sheets, so that's why I just generically say "Got them off MFGG, credit to whomever made them" rather than give specific names. Plus, I'm not sure if you know this but, MFGG has its own problems of people claiming to steal sprites. So me giving a name could potentially spark issues of "no that's mine but he stole it". That's why I keep it open.

PaperMarioFan
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby PaperMarioFan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:45 am

Shocker you crazy graphics designer... i so much time waiting normal playable Wario bros)))

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:31 am

You know.. this actually made me redo my Wario project i had going-on a year ago, and mostly bc we finally get all the forms for them two instead of 3.

DAT LUIGI FAN
Spiny
Spiny

Postby DAT LUIGI FAN » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:14 am

(I HAVE MEGA IN MOBILE)

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:28 am

DAT LUIGI FAN wrote:(I HAVE MEGA IN MOBILE)
what

Mable
Peach
Peach

Postby Mable » Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:46 am

Valtteri wrote:
DAT LUIGI FAN wrote:(I HAVE MEGA IN MOBILE)
Fixed just for u Val.

World Star 9
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby World Star 9 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:15 pm

These are the best Wario and Waluigi smbx playables I have ever seen!
If only this had "effect-77" for Wario and Waluigi's fireball trail.

I will give this the:

World Star 9 Seal of Approval

"To weird or not to weird, that is the odd question" - Oddliam Weirdspeare

I'm on NSMBX forums too! Don't forget YouTube!: Image
Forever in repetition, the best adjective for the New Super Mario Bros. Series (I'm not saying that's a bad thing)

I Support:

EctoplasmCrystal
Goomba
Goomba

Postby EctoplasmCrystal » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:23 pm

I really wish Wario was made over the link sprite. I mean, is it me, or is it just not Wario if there is no physical punches or solder charge? This is just something I was trying to find, but seems to come Dry Bone.

1AmPlayer
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: I'm a hellspawn.

Postby 1AmPlayer » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:22 am

These sprites... looks like the one in SMBX2. Still, Waluigi replaces Luigi now. Which is great. Because i don't really like Waluigi is from Ninja Bomberman costume. But, still cool!

YgorDieryX
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby YgorDieryX » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:41 am

Good Idea, Is good for make Episodes with Others Characters
Congrations, your idea is AWESOME... is good for make more episodes with Other Character And new Story...
EXEMPLE:
"Mario And Luigi is Captured! Wario and Waluigi need save Guys!"
Super Luigi Universe
Coming soon!!

enicholas275
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: i want everyone to see the magic on this group

Postby enicholas275 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:05 am

the waluigi GFX are wrong! waluigi players looks like waluigi are going with peach walking on the park ._.

Turret 3471
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Turret 3471 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:38 pm

enicholas275 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:05 am
the waluigi GFX are wrong! waluigi players looks like waluigi are going with peach walking on the park ._.
What are you talking about? I just downloaded this pack and everything looks fine.
I support:
Image Image
Image OHNO

Gud quotes
Witchking666 wrote:that looks aweozme alwo, sorrt im ik a big drunk. i may have drunk a lttle rtoo muxj beer with erik.

enicholas275
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: i want everyone to see the magic on this group

Postby enicholas275 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:01 am

Turret 3471 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:38 pm
enicholas275 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:05 am
What are you talking about? I just downloaded this pack and everything looks fine.
nevermind, just the starpoint of the editor mode looks like that

CheesyYoY
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: I exist

Postby CheesyYoY » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:36 pm

Ok, this is epik

Confirmed greatest episode of all time by me. 8-)
(you can click the image to see the post)

Discord

YoY#4811

Return to “Graphics”