Playable Birdo on the way!

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
xirtamehtsitahw
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Playable Birdo on the way!

Postby xirtamehtsitahw » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:17 pm

Seeing as how I can't seem to locate Shocker's complete Birdo player set (I'm missing the overworld sprites), I've set out to build my own take on Birdo. The idea I went for is decreasing the number of colors used, while increasing other details, such as hinting at the spikes on her tail and her actually having the appearance of fingers and toes (including nails). Finally, I went with a "fat Birdo" motif, to indicate she's gotten "soft" over the years of inactivity (she doesn't appear in very many spinoff games anymore).

I started with an original spritesheet I found on SMWCentral.org, and went from there. This is still just a WIP, but I will upload the final product fairly soon.
I am the sound of one hand clapping. You will never hear me coming; your only (and final) clue is when my shadow falls upon you. When that happens...

xirtamehtsitahw used Leaf Blade! It was super-effective!

Shocker
Spiny
Spiny

Re: Playable Birdo on the way!

Postby Shocker » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:13 pm

Your project sounds awesome, but just fyi, I rarely did overworld sprites for otherwise complete projects.

Jacob Turbo
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Jacob Turbo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:28 pm

Ok so first of all i don't think the "Graphics" forum allows WIP graphics, Not even the "Projects" forum i think.

and second of all you need some screenshots regardless or else this topic will be locked.

But anyway the idea of a playable birdo sounds awesome.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:28 pm

Please don't post graphics unless they actually exist. If you need graphical help, feel free to make a thread in the Help and Support forum.

Return to “Graphics”