Witchking666' Graphics Pack: 6.0. (NEW YEAR UPDATE)

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
-Do not create a topic requesting custom graphic. Do so in Graphic Request.
Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: All toasters toast toast
Current Project: Nothing
Chat Username: practical

Re: Witchking666' Graphics Pack: 5.0.1 Damn copyright.

Postby Rhosty » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:47 pm

I hope you'll make a project similar to this one, just a couple of changes. I hope that copyright problem didn't completely screw over your project's progress.
The101MarioGuy wrote:I'm really sorry that you got a copyright. don't worry are still going to fix it?
By this point, it's really unlikely any changes will be made, but there's a slight chance he's working on a project similar to this.

RSupertheGreat
Grinder
Grinder
Flair: I'm the Unfounded Artist.
Current Project: TMC, M&L Dimensional Shift
Chat Username: RSuperPKEsper

Postby RSupertheGreat » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:03 pm

Why it has got copyright? I have no idea what just happened.

I rarely come here cus I preferred to be in Discord and anything outside of being in the forums.

The Untold Truth: show
Most people here don't assume my gender, feel free to use "they" and "them" as long as it doesn't refer to many people or something. But I'm of course a girl.
Imageyes i have g+ except its gonna get shut down soon rip
Best moments on Discord: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Linkopolis: show
ImageImageImageImage
hi there signature reader

Rhosty
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Flair: All toasters toast toast
Current Project: Nothing
Chat Username: practical

Postby Rhosty » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:12 pm

RSuper wrote:Why it has got copyright? I have no idea what just happened.
He used graphics from another user who probably had a "copyright protection" on their original gfx. I don't know why he couldn't just give credit to him, or why that user could potentially have made a copyright for their stuff. The original creator might have posted it in the WIP Graphics Showcase topic, where some of those graphics aren't allowed to be used.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear

Postby Witchking666 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:04 am

Allright, let me clarify this shit.
TheSaturnYoshi (the person who originally came up with the idea) contacted me on PM about the matter. He did have some solid points, the tileset he made did look eerily similar to mine (as in, literally every way). Then again, I did credit him so it was pretty unneccesary for him to get pissed at me like that. The main reason I decided to remove the tileset from the pack was because of all of the shit that came with it. Waddle Derp had allready pointed out the similaries between my tileset and TheSaturnYoshi's (which resulted in me crediting him, as you can see on this thread). So, when TheSaturnYoshi decided to contact me about it I was like: "Oh well, fuck it", As the only reason I make graphics is for fun and usage in Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear (my episode). And If one of the tilesets bothers someone so much, I might aswell remove it, as the only reason I make these graphics in the first place is for fun.

As for practicalshorty014's question, what do you mean with "A project similar to this one" do you mean another graphics pack or a new tileset similar to the one I deleted.
The answer to both is no as I will continue to edit this pack with new stuff and I most likely won't make another shadow desert temple due to the shit that comes of it.
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Spoiler: show
Image.

AirSeus
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Flair: Ok no
Current Project: You really think I'll finish one?
Chat Username: AirSoos

Postby AirSeus » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:33 am

witchking666 wrote:Allright, let me clarify this shit.
TheSaturnYoshi (the person who originally came up with the idea) contacted me on PM about the matter. He did have some solid points, the tileset he made did look eerily similar to mine (as in, literally every way). Then again, I did credit him so it was pretty unneccesary for him to get pissed at me like that. The main reason I decided to remove the tileset from the pack was because of all of the shit that came with it. Waddle Derp had allready pointed out the similaries between my tileset and TheSaturnYoshi's (which resulted in me crediting him, as you can see on this thread). So, when TheSaturnYoshi decided to contact me about it I was like: "Oh well, fuck it", As the only reason I make graphics is for fun and usage in Mario & Luigi: Quest of Fear (my episode). And If one of the tilesets bothers someone so much, I might aswell remove it, as the only reason I make these graphics in the first place is for fun.

As for practicalshorty014's question, what do you mean with "A project similar to this one" do you mean another graphics pack or a new tileset similar to the one I deleted.
The answer to both is no as I will continue to edit this pack with new stuff and I most likely won't make another shadow desert temple due to the shit that comes of it.
TBH, it is stupid that just because a tile set looked similar to another tile set ended up having to be removed just because the owner of the other tile set was being a massive baby about the similarities. There are other tile sets made by other people that look similar, should we bring them down as well? So what if they are similar, you put your heart and soul into that tile set only to be stricken down because somebody didn't like it. If I was in your situation, I would of told him:
I will NOT remove the tile set because I am not taking it down just because it looks similar, you can whine as much as you want but I will not remove it over pesky similarities.

He couldn't of done anything about it because it isn't his tile set.
"If you don't get the egg, it will fuck you" - Sanct 2017

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Why are you here? I aint good at poetry?

"Beware of an old man in a profession where men usually die young"

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:31 pm

IzIcy wrote: TBH, it is stupid that just because a tile set looked similar to another tile set ended up having to be removed just because the owner of the other tile set was being a massive baby about the similarities. There are other tile sets made by other people that look similar, should we bring them down as well? So what if they are similar, you put your heart and soul into that tile set only to be stricken down because somebody didn't like it. If I was in your situation, I would of told him:
I will NOT remove the tile set because I am not taking it down just because it looks similar, you can whine as much as you want but I will not remove it over pesky similarities.

Ok, your opinion. I know all of you mean well but can we just please stop turning my goddamn thread into a fucking warzone, it's not neccesary.
I'm tired of this back-slapping "Isn't humanity neat?" bullshit. We're a virus with shoes, okay? That's all we are.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:39 pm

witchking666 wrote:
IzIcy wrote: TBH, it is stupid that just because a tile set looked similar to another tile set ended up having to be removed just because the owner of the other tile set was being a massive baby about the similarities. There are other tile sets made by other people that look similar, should we bring them down as well? So what if they are similar, you put your heart and soul into that tile set only to be stricken down because somebody didn't like it. If I was in your situation, I would of told him:

Ok, your opinion. I know all of you mean well but can we just please stop turning my goddamn thread into a fucking warzone, it's not neccesary.
In that case I also recommend you change your topic name since it already implies conflict.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Re: Witchking666' Graphics Pack: 5.0.1.

Postby Witchking666 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:49 pm

Waddle Derp wrote:
witchking666 wrote:

In that case I also recommend you change your topic name since it already implies conflict.
Oh yeah, makes sence.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Re: Witchking666' Graphics Pack: 6.0

Postby Witchking666 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:33 am

I updated my pack with quite a lot of new stuff. Go check it out people!
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: Nothing atm
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Re: Witchking666' Graphics Pack: 6.0. (NEW YEAR UPDATE)

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:56 am

Neat update man... I think I discovered a new SMBX gem

PROX
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Chat Username: PROX

Postby PROX » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:17 pm

Nicely done man. I saw a lot of the stuff that was released beforehand, but still, you've outdone yourself this time.
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

If it makes sense then it must make dollars

Youtube Channel: ProxyHax O.O

My Project (No logo yet): viewtopic.php?f=90&t=18321&start=20

My Graphics Pack:

World Map Pack: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20173

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:29 pm

That's a sweet ass gold pillar.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: RL
Chat Username: h/a troll

Postby h2643 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:25 pm

That world map tho... You're an amazing GFX designer

Witchking666
Silver Yoshi Egg
Silver Yoshi Egg

Postby Witchking666 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:58 am

Thanks for the nice words people. This took a lot of time so it feels great to know that you like it.
Bill Hicks.

Check out my stuff:
Image.

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:24 am

The world map looks better than Prox's except in the regards to the liquids. The Acid does look like the acid from a SMW hack that I was using a rip from (the rip by SilverDeoxys(forgot the number)) Your version looks better than that rip, but just the liquid. Did you get inspiration from me asking if you could fix that, or? I still like it more than it though, so... I do not even know who you would credit if you had to. Sometimes, I just wish WMG were compatible. Have you ever though of lava paths? (Such as stones though the lava.) Now I am just hypothesizing and dreaming. The Vertical Rainbows would have been nice. Not sure if you had a level to actually go on top of the Rainbow or not or a level to go on top of the bridges, but either way, superb work.

ImageImageImage

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Thyme Time!

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:17 pm

I'm planning to make a project soon, and this pack has so many things that could be useful to me. Well done on everything man, they look super amazing!
My Project: Coming Soon!
I support
ImageImage Image

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:17 pm

Are the new Level markers based on the ones from NSMBU?
Looks like a pack that has decent value! It does look really awesome, and it is visible that a lot of effort was put into this pack. Congratulations on making this pack! I look forward to seeing more.
I will definitely try to use some of the graphics in this pack, since they have a lot of potential uses!
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
ImageImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

ivanmegafanboy
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Making levels casually. And University. And 1cc this thing called Touhou.

Postby ivanmegafanboy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:31 pm

I love how everything is so detailed, while at the same time showing a good amount of contrast between elements, so the blocks and backgrounds are distinguishable. It does look like a crossbreed of SMB3 and SMW. And that Autumn forest World Map is on point.
I like editing levels
Check them out at: viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16926
I support
Also The Great Castle Adventure Remake

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:59 pm

It's actually a big shame that a lot of the graphics in this pack make use of the dummy items. There are lots of world map paths, BGO's and levels that use them in this pack, and since they will be replaced soon in 2.0, their functionality will probably die. When that happens, i'm hoping you will be able to make an update for any bugs.
Yes, I do use 2.0, not sure if this pack was intended for that version though. Everything does look decent though!
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
ImageImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

Electric Pants
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Electric Pants » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:31 pm

This looks amazing! I can't wait to try it out.
My episode: Mario's Puzzledoom (20th May 2018)

I'm not active on SMBX anymore.

Return to “Graphics”