SMB2 expanded GFX-Pack v7.0 - final (PGE)update!

This is the place for custom SMBX graphics.
Sednaiur
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Lowser's Conquest

SMB2 expanded GFX-Pack v7.0 - final (PGE)update!

Postby Sednaiur » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:14 pm

A long time ago, I have made an "Expanded SMBX-Tilesets"-pack, that contained the expansions of some of the in SMBX featured tilesets of SMB1, SMB2, SMB3 and SMW, to give them a better use or just to remove some graphical errors from them, like cutoff etc.

And with this "SMB2-edition" I like to advance a bit furter with that, and expand all the tilesets that can be found in the original SMB2 ^^
Also do I give a solid selection of SMB2-styled NPCs and backgrounds, so one can make a full SMB2-styled episode without the feel that there is so much missing.
But to make it most useful, I have fully custom made a whole bunch of worldmap-GFX, that makes it possible to create full worldmaps with the theme of SMB2.
This is the final version, that has all the original SMB2-tilesets expanded, many new custom-designed tilesets, many new NPCs added, and also the worldmap-GFX added.
All new screenshots of the contents can be found below ^^.
Spoiler: show

Here is the download of version 7.0 as a .zip-file:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/k0ou32

There is a lot of changes with this version of the pack. The most significant change is, that the pack is now fully adapted to the PGE, which makes it way more easy to use it :-)

More changes are also:
1: The bugs with the corner-pieces of the vase-tiles got sorted out. There is no glitching into the tiles anymore (in the previous versions they were replaced slopes, which caused the glitches).
2: I made GFX that replace the koopa shells, that some of the shyguys are turning into, when tailwhipped (but I couldn't remove the bug completely). Please see the "notes and infos"-document for more information about that.
3: Many GFX did swap their positions in the editor around, so it is less confusing then before (example: the "block-999" is now fixed ^^).
4: All the tilesets got at least one new block added, for more usability, and to even the blockcount out bitween different tilesets. The colorful bricks now have new custom-made sizables in 4 different colors.
5: You can now use treelogs, ribs and bones, and a third (depending on the overworld-tileset you choose to use) set of extra tiles with each tileset together, instead of just two.
6: Some minor fixes and changes onto some GFX and NPC-.txt files:
The football of the custom blue Birdo is no longer at "speed=2", as there is a new custom green Birdo, that shoots an accelerated egg, that has "speed=2".
The giant palmtree originally from the SMB2 grassland background now has a bit better shading, as well as a slightly redesigned trunk, so it now can be altered in it's height with a new BGO.
Also several other small changes to many GFX, mainly to update them and to remove errors.
7: Some new and some requested NPCs got added:
A SMB2-styled Podoboo replacing the SMB3-podoboo.
A SMB2-styled Zelda Keydoor.
SMB2-styled vineheads for the green and red vines.
A new Subcon that is kind of dancing. It can also be used for some scene like the ending scene of the original SMB2, where the subcon are carrying the beaten-up Wart from the left to the right.
Two new large flying carpets replacing the tankwheel and the flying airship piece-NPC. The yellow one is twice as fast as the red one. Good for making pit-themed levels like 6-2 in the original SMB2.
A SMA-styled SMB2 bubble replacing the SMW-bubble. It is also animated like the SMW-one.
A new Subcon-lifted platform replacing the SMB1 rising platform. Also all platforms are now availiable without the Subcon underthem.
A green SMB2-styled 1-up mushroom, without 1-up written on it.
A green and larger version of the red SMB2-heart, that gives you a 1-up upon collection.
A blue swap mushroom that is SMB2-styled.
A green koopashell that replaces the SMB3 kickblock. The possessed vase from previous versions is now located in a subfolder.
8: Four completely new tilesets: Plains, Plains underground, Badlands, and Badlands underground.
9: Fully custom-made SMB2-styled lava, containing every lava-tile that is also featured in SMW. Finally you can have lavaslopes in SMB2 ^^.
10: The "golden vase"-tileset is now as big as the normal vases-tileset is, but you cannot use them both together anymore, like in the previous versions. Also there is now an upside-down giant Pidgit blaster for both the vases-tilesets.
11: You now don't see the awkward placed letters on the player blocks anymore, when you are playing as the respective playable. In the previous version it was buggy, because I used up all five frames for the animation, instead of just the first four (silly me :-P).
12: Added an SMB2-styled question block, which replaces the SMB1 question block. The vase that replaced the SMB1 question block, got removed.
13: Added an SMB2-styled player-hammer and player-fireball, so it is more suitable together with the hammer-potion and the SMB2-styled fire flower.
14: Changed the long slopes of the "Bonus Tileset" to the steeper 2x1 slopes, that are featured in most other tilesets. There are also two new sizables for the bonus tileset.
15: Added 6 new sizables for the skyworld-themed levels.
16: A lonely new level-background got added (background2-43). I did like to do more, but I never came to it unfortunately.
17: Some foreground-BGOs for the hawks head, so one can make somekind of tunnel with them, like the original kind of did.
18: Added a smaller BGO-tree (like in world 5-3 in the original SMB2) to the relatively big one.

NOTE: Please see the enclosed "notes and infos"-document in the pack for additional information and credits. It may help you with some possible trouble :-).

Enjoy building levels with this pack ^-^

An additional note: If you like to get an recolor for any of the tilesets in this pack, just let me know here in this topic. I then can work on it as soon as I read about it.
Since I have made slight changes on the color sheme of many GFX, doing that for yourself could proof to be confusing.
Just tell me which tileset you want to get recolored (please do not request just single blocks, BGOs, or NPCs, as I will add a download-link for your fulfilled request to the toppost, and I don't like to do that just for a single GFX) and which color it shall have. I am usually online on saturdays or sundays. Within workdays I am usually not online, because I do not have my own internet and need to visit someone, which I only can do at weekends!

Please note that I know that some people already have made graphics similar to graphics in this pack, but I have made them too, because it would be the same work for me anyways, no matter if I resume the work of others, or just start from scratch. This is because I start by editing the original tilesets, and then expand them afterwards. This is not meant to replace any already made graphics - it is made as additional selection.

Please give credit to me, when using any of the GFX contained in this pack, as it was serious work to edit and make all these GFX ^^
Last edited by Sednaiur on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 20 times in total.

愛している、ビアンカ!

Want to use new blocks, tiles, BGOS etc. in SMBX? Learn more here:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=15527&p=223703#p223111

FallingSnow
Ninji
Ninji

Re: SMB2 expanded Tilesets

Postby FallingSnow » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:21 pm

The outdoor castle tileset is pretty amazing I must say (as are the rest of them, but that one is my favorite). I love the gray stones/bricks on the tops of them.

xtremegamer51
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: The Lost Island

Postby xtremegamer51 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:42 pm

If I have not paid attention to the whole topic made by who thing,I would have thought this was made bye Valtteri(Since he makes a lot of tileset expansions)
Other then that I must say,that these tilesets are amazing!Your becoming one of the best gfx makers around along with other people such as Squishy rex and bloodelf.From your hd graphics,to your giant graphics,and now your tileset expansions,you really are one of the best gfx makers Sednaiur,bravo.
Open the door,get on the floor,everybody do the DINOSAUR!
ImageImage
I support...

Irc chat messages of glory.
[20:49] <RedPanda> WHO WANNA PLAY GARRYS MOD M8S!??!
[20:49] <kinoko> I can play MK8
[20:49] <RedPanda> You win
[20:50] <RedPanda> Gotta put that line in my signature

[15:00] <Xtremegamer51> Captain R U Redy 4 Freddeh?
[15:00] <CaptainAmerica> Xtremegamer51 Thanks but I'm not gay.
[15:01] <CaptainAmerica> I don't want to be with Freddy.

I go by the name,RedPanda,and Xtremegamer51 on the IRC chat room. C:

Veudekato
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: in progress

Postby Veudekato » Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:56 am

good job.this will facilitate the creation of levels in Mario..where i can download smb1 expanded tilesets?
My channel (news about PlatGEnWohl , PlatGEnWohl tutorials,LunaDll ,and SMBX tests):
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6h-42umT14iR1wa3VkOs3Q

If you want to make full screenshot of your level (big screenshot - screen of whole section) , just tell me via PM!

bossedit8
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:38 am

Oh wow. This set of creativity and the expandation of the Tileset in Super Mario Bros. 2 looks very amazingly made and I really appreciate that the work is definetly a large customization we have right here. The Bomb-omb Statues and everything related to that are very great and it feels more like a Bomb-omb's Cave and also inside Mouser's Tower/Dungeon/Castle. If I will ever make a SMB2 out of my Level Designing, (maybe) I am gonna use them. Very nice work.

zlakergirl357
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlakergirl357 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:33 am

Looks pretty cool and very useful for SMB2 levels. And I've seen that cave and grass tileset before. But it's cool to see that you did the same thing with the rest of SMB2 tileset available for SMBX. I admire your job Sednaiur. Keep up the good work boy..
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Raster
Banned
Current Project: The Invasion 3

Postby Raster » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:59 am

Looks great! I really like the Sky Fortress tiles. I'll definitely use these in future levels.

ElTipsta
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: A project

Postby ElTipsta » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:30 am

Wow, these tileset expansions are great! I don't normally use SMB2 graphics/physics however I think this may all be about to change :)
Yeah, I've been inactive for a while. Just stopped coming here for whatever reason. Sorry about that. Still, I'll be lurking around more often, especially as I now have a craving to make SMBX levels again.
Supporter Of:

Intuition
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: SMI - Dereso in Crisis!
Chat Username: Intuition

Postby Intuition » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:09 am

Shocking as always, so much talent.

You must have gotten used to this but all of your graphics have great shading, design, and fit nicely on Mario levels. My favourite overall from those graphics for now are the golden SMB2 pipes, really original, along with the Fortress Outside tileset. Really good work Sednaiur, keep your amusingness, do not stop amusing us.

Eternity
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Eternity » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:18 am

This looks awesome! The outdoor dungeon tileset is great, and I really like the other tilesets too. Ill definitely be using this, very useful for SMB2 levels! (even though I'm no very good at designing them :p)
aka Aeon

RudeGuy07
Luigi
Luigi
Current Project: The Star of Subcon
Chat Username: totally not rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy07 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:25 am

Cool! I'll use them!
Imageuh

Sednaiur
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Sednaiur » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:04 pm

Thank you all so much for all the Praise and Comments on this - it really gives me the Coal into my Fire to work onto the final Tilesets of SMB2 8-D
I am working on the "Inside Vase"-Tiles at the Moment, so i try to update this within the next Days.
But also did that silly Guy named Sednaiur forget to include the Opening Effect for the blue Door, so i will also fix this in the next Update. Sorry for that.
Veudekato wrote:good job.this will facilitate the creation of levels in Mario. Where i can download smb1 expanded tilesets?

I will upload an SMB1-Version of a Pack like this soon. I have completed the "SMB1 Overworld" and the "SMB1 Dungeon". There is only "SMB1 Water" and "SMB1 Underground" left...if i remember correctly :-P
zlakerboy357 wrote:Looks pretty cool and very useful for SMB2 levels. And I've seen that cave and grass tileset before. But it's cool to see that you did the same thing with the rest of SMB2 tileset available for SMBX. I admire your job Sednaiur. Keep up the good work boy.
I have released them already some Time before, but i felt they could be of more use, so i have expanded them a Bit more.
I will try my Best for the Future ^^

愛している、ビアンカ!

http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=15527&p=223703#p223111

Sednaiur
Lakitu
Lakitu

Re: SMB2 expanded Tilesets (quick Update)

Postby Sednaiur » Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:20 pm

I just updated the Toppost with an updated Download, that include a single new Tileset (SMB2 - inside Vase), some GFX i forgot to add into the previous Version, and some new interesting Features, like Vases that replace the SMB3-Question Blocks, Vases that can be thrown to break, and my new Invention - the "Ceramics Blaster" that fires Pidgits at you, and many more Things, so we can finally build whole Level Sections, that take Place inside a Vase.
You can check out all the new Stuff at the Screenshot on the Toppost :-)

I hope you enjoy and use them in the Future ;-)

愛している、ビアンカ!

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:28 pm

Thanks for making my request! I like the big door too! ^^
Hey hold on a minute! I wanted to use all of these tiles together to make the ultimate SMB2 level! Now I won't be able to use Snow, Desert etc!
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/

First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom

KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Location: Swaggering off into my tardis with the snap of a finger.
Chat Username: Jenna

Postby TLtimelord » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:20 am

FanofSMBX wrote:Thanks for making my request! I like the big door too! ^^
Hey hold on a minute! I wanted to use all of these tiles together to make the ultimate SMB2 level! Now I won't be able to use Snow, Desert etc!

Now here's a person who truly can't be satisfied with anything.

Anyways, these should really come in handy for one of my personal levels, especially the overworld stuff.
⚠️ PRISONER ZERO WILL VACATE THE HUMAN RESIDENCE OR THE HUMAN RESIDENCE WILL BE INCINERATED ⚠️

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:24 am

TNTtimelord wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:Thanks for making my request! I like the big door too! ^^

Now here's a person who truly can't be satisfied with anything.

Anyways, these should really come in handy for one of my personal levels, especially the overworld stuff.

Well come on on the first update I was thinking "Yes! No more picking and choosing tilesets!" but now it has come to this :(
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:

First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom

KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

TLtimelord
Red Yoshi Egg
Red Yoshi Egg
Current Project: Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Location: Swaggering off into my tardis with the snap of a finger.
Chat Username: Jenna

Postby TLtimelord » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:28 am

Because using an ice, desert, grass, cave, and castle tileset all in one level is totally necessary!
⚠️ PRISONER ZERO WILL VACATE THE HUMAN RESIDENCE OR THE HUMAN RESIDENCE WILL BE INCINERATED ⚠️

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:38 am

TNTtimelord wrote:Because using an ice, desert, grass, cave, and castle tileset all in one level is totally necessary!

You know the last level of Apocalypse of Foroze? Same idea.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom

KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

RudeGuy07
Luigi
Luigi
Current Project: The Star of Subcon
Chat Username: totally not rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy07 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:47 am

You make a vase which work as a bullet cannon, wow. Now the pidgit projectiles styled SMB2 have a use!
Imageuh

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:44 am

This is way too amazing, i never made smb2 levels, but these tilesets, ooh these tilesets makes me wanna make a level
Image I've released an episode! Go check it out m8
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =36&t=1805

Return to “Graphics”