Sans Player Sprites [Replaces Mario]

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
User avatar
The Handwoven Box
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:35 am
Current Project: An episode where I decided to make all the castles and bosses before any normal levels

Sans Player Sprites [Replaces Mario]

Postby The Handwoven Box » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:01 pm

I will give a heads up and say that this is my very first time working with player sprites, and I am not proud of the cringy and mediorcre result, regardless, I'm only posting these graphics for feedback. I will admit I had fun making the player blocks, making the "S" block in comic sans font and changeing the blocks that allow a certain character to pass to flash cyan and yellow.
Includes:
Sprites for All of Mario's forms. Bone that replaces Hammer Mario and Luigi's Hammer. Sans character blocks. EDIT: Also changes Mario's fireball.

Sprites: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7351xfa494fpzeh/Sans.zip?dl=0

Some Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Last edited by underFlo on Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Fixed Screens

User avatar
Danny
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4038
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:12 pm
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Re: Sans Player Sprites [Replaces Mario]

Postby Danny » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:06 pm

Could we have some screenshots of the sprite first before we download it?
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

User avatar
JamminJelly
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:55 pm
Current Project: Like fifteen different episodes.

Re: Sans Player Sprites [Replaces Mario]

Postby JamminJelly » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:19 pm

Image
Image

User avatar
Turret 3471
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 315
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Sans Player Sprites [Replaces Mario]

Postby Turret 3471 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:48 am

That moment when something actually looks legit. Awesome work! =)
I support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image Image
Image
Image
Image OHNO

Gud quotes
Spoiler: show
Witchking666 wrote:that looks aweozme alwo, sorrt im ik a big drunk. i may have drunk a lttle rtoo muxj beer with erik.

User avatar
The Handwoven Box
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:35 am
Current Project: An episode where I decided to make all the castles and bosses before any normal levels

Re: Sans Player Sprites [Replaces Mario]

Postby The Handwoven Box » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:37 am

Turret 3471 wrote:That moment when something actually looks legit. Awesome work! =)
Thanks, I guess?

User avatar
Taker
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 310
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:20 pm
Current Project: take the dead to
Contact:

Re: Sans Player Sprites [Replaces Mario]

Postby Taker » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:25 pm

Thanks! I'll use this for a project and you'll get special thanks and a warm welcome in my heart! Just kidding! I don't have a heart! But seriously speaking, those graphics look amazing and I fell in love with them!
Image

User avatar
The Handwoven Box
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:35 am
Current Project: An episode where I decided to make all the castles and bosses before any normal levels

Re: Sans Player Sprites [Replaces Mario]

Postby The Handwoven Box » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:59 pm

Taker wrote:Thanks! I'll use this for a project and you'll get special thanks and a warm welcome in my heart! Just kidding! I don't have a heart! But seriously speaking, those graphics look amazing and I fell in love with them!
Thanks for dat support

User avatar
HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2846
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm
Flair: Is this where I type my password?
Contact:

Re: Sans Player Sprites [Replaces Mario]

Postby HenryRichard » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:39 pm

I mean it's a good effort, but there's a bunch of 1x1 pixels. It's not a problem in the first one IF all the other graphics you're using have them, but on the second one it looks really grainy because of MS paint's really poor .gif compression. Also, the colors aren't consistent between the two, so that looks weird. My advice would to get a better image editor like paint.net or GIMP and remake these as .pngs, and also edit the small sans to not have 1x1 pixels, which will make him more useful. It's not bad at all for a first playable, and I'm sure you'll be making even better ones in the future!
Jesus is my savior.

User avatar
The Handwoven Box
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:35 am
Current Project: An episode where I decided to make all the castles and bosses before any normal levels

Re: Sans Player Sprites [Replaces Mario]

Postby The Handwoven Box » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:40 am

HenryRichard wrote:I mean it's a good effort, but there's a bunch of 1x1 pixels. It's not a problem in the first one IF all the other graphics you're using have them, but on the second one it looks really grainy because of MS paint's really poor .gif compression. Also, the colors aren't consistent between the two, so that looks weird. My advice would to get a better image editor like paint.net or GIMP and remake these as .pngs, and also edit the small sans to not have 1x1 pixels, which will make him more useful. It's not bad at all for a first playable, and I'm sure you'll be making even better ones in the future!
Yeah, the MS Paint issue really kills me when it comes to editing a sprite later, gotta get it right the first time.

As for the softwares you listed, I do have GIMP, but I don't really know how to use it that much, I'll try to learn how to use it however, thanks for the feedback!

EDIT: Also, I have no idea why the images I put in the original post won't work e_e

User avatar
underFlo
Mario
Mario
Posts: 4481
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 am
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo
Contact:

Re: Sans Player Sprites [Replaces Mario]

Postby underFlo » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:00 am

I went ahead and fixed the images in your OP. The reason they didn't work was because you put the wrong url into the [img] tags. The one you used was the url for a page with the image in it (imgur.com/stuff), while the url for the image itself is a different one (i.imgur/stuff.png). You can right click the image once you uploaded it on imgur and copy the image url, too.

Also, I personally recommend paint.net for SMBX spritework.
im a girl yo

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7116
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Sans Player Sprites [Replaces Mario]

Postby PixelPest » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:07 am

As Spinda said above, Paint.NET is much more useful because it doesn't ruin .gif files. Here, there are a lot of 1x1 pixels which don't look good with SMBX. Further, there's a severe lack of shading and the sprites or positioned poorly on the spritesheet(s) such that Sans' feet are in the ground

User avatar
The Handwoven Box
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:35 am
Current Project: An episode where I decided to make all the castles and bosses before any normal levels

Re: Sans Player Sprites [Replaces Mario]

Postby The Handwoven Box » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:56 pm

Spinda wrote:I went ahead and fixed the images in your OP. The reason they didn't work was because you put the wrong url into the [img] tags. The one you used was the url for a page with the image in it (imgur.com/stuff), while the url for the image itself is a different one (i.imgur/stuff.png). You can right click the image once you uploaded it on imgur and copy the image url, too.

Also, I personally recommend paint.net for SMBX spritework.
Wow, thanks for fixing the images! And yeah, I really should change programs e.e
PixelPest wrote:As Spinda said above, Paint.NET is much more useful because it doesn't ruin .gif files. Here, there are a lot of 1x1 pixels which don't look good with SMBX. Further, there's a severe lack of shading and the sprites or positioned poorly on the spritesheet(s) such that Sans' feet are in the ground
..Yeah, sorry about that...I'm salty because this is actually the second version of the sprites, I had to remake them due to errors I made with saving them as PNGs, and that version was actually far better, placement wise. Again, sorry


Return to “Graphics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Squishy Rex and 7 guests