PLAYABLE Super Passion Pauline

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
FoxBoogs
Goomba
Goomba
Current Project: Playable Pauline(Update), NEW Super Mario All-Stars

PLAYABLE Super Passion Pauline

Postby FoxBoogs » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:19 pm

Here she is- the new and improved Pauline! I loved Pauline when I was a kid. Don't get me wrong- I love Peach, but if Pauline was more present in, say, Smash Bros. and Mario Kart, I'd pick her over Peach anyday!

Anyways, this is pretty much a dream of mine- to have Pauline playable in a Mario game. I originally made her about a year ago, but times have changed and I finally decided to give her a proper update and finalize her. I gave her a completely new face, cleaned up her entire sprite sheet, gave her some new animations, and a full sound pack w/voice (which is entirely optional)! It's not Pauline's, but I've grown to love it!

Why Pauline over Link? Well, I felt Peach was too obvious a choice, and I really didn't want to see her floating. I felt Link fit better and could make Pauline a more capable character than she's ever been- by giving her the hammer this time!

The only thing I don't know how to change is the Ruppee icon in the HUD... I've searched, but just can't find that file. Any tips would be nice!

This is inspired by my love for her and albertojz356's Pauline artwork. Check 'em out on deviantArt- he's done Pauline more justice than Nintendo has in the art department.

The folder marked "Sfx with Voice" replaces sound effects in the game to sound more like Donkey Kong arcade. However, some universal sounds, like the "1up" sound, "spring" sound and the sound completing levels, have been replaced with Peach's voice from "Super Mario Advance" on the Game Boy Advance.

If you want to use the SFX without replacing the universal sounds, only move over the audio files that begin with "zelda-"

Both Princess Peach's voice, as well as the Donkey Kong arcade sounds, are taken from soundboards available online. All credits due to those involved.

Enjoy!

Screenies:
Jump Up Smash!
Spoiler: show
Leaf/Tanooki puts you up in a DK barrel!
The Tanooki Statue is the Arcade Pauline standing in front of the Koopa.
You go ham? Pauline goes hammer!
Pauline's Items: Purse, Parasol, Flower Bouquet (not pictured)
Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/26539ntv7pu8m ... auline.rar

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Re: PLAYABLE Super Passion Pauline

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:48 pm

This graphic is presented really nicely, but there's just one problem...it doesn't look good.

I'll congratulate you on making a playable character (assuming it works properly), but the graphics really don't fit with anything. SMBX uses what's called "2x2 pixels", as in all of the pixels in the game are 2x the width and 2x the height of a normal computer pixel. Your graphic uses a lot of "1x1 pixels" (normal computer size), so those clash with the rest of the graphics in the game. I'm not exactly sure how you can fix this given that the graphic probably has a lot of definition (that you can't achieve without making it twice the size, and obviously that won't work).

Also, please don't save your screenshots as JPEG images.

MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Postby MegaDood » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:13 am

I agree with Shadow Yoshi about the 1x1 pixels, it wold look a lot better with some improvements, but the ideas like the arcade Pauline and the barrel is really creative, I like it.
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:12 am

MegaDood wrote:I agree with Shadow Yoshi about the 1x1 pixels, it wold look a lot better with some improvements, but the ideas like the arcade Pauline and the barrel is really creative, I like it.
Thanks for bumping this.

BlacKnight94
Rex
Rex
Chat Username: BlacKnight94

Postby BlacKnight94 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:49 am

Nice idea!

(seems like the blooper looks at Pauline's underskirt xD)

kojimkj
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Idk

Postby kojimkj » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:28 pm

BlacKnight94 wrote:Nice idea!

Thanks for another Unnecessary bump

now has computer :)

My GFXs:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

cool gif by snessy the duck

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:21 pm

kojimkj wrote:

That's not even a bump lol

BlacKnight94
Rex
Rex
Chat Username: BlacKnight94

Postby BlacKnight94 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:47 pm

kojimkj wrote:

You're welcome :)

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:48 pm

MegaDood wrote:I agree with Shadow Yoshi about the 1x1 pixels, it wold look a lot better with some improvements, but the ideas like the arcade Pauline and the barrel is really creative, I like it.
Just as like a general advice for threads like this: This thread has been inactive for 3 years, so while nice, chances are those comments won't help the author, so there's no real need to bump this thread.

Additionally, please don't make so many post about the subject of bumping - it doesn't really add anything and, in fact, only makes matters worse.
im a girl yo

MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo

Postby MegaDood » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:03 pm

Spinda wrote:
Just as like a general advice for threads like this: This thread has been inactive for 3 years, so while nice, chances are those comments won't help the author, so there's no real need to bump this thread.

Additionally, please don't make so many post about the subject of bumping - it doesn't really add anything and, in fact, only makes matters worse.
What exactly is bumping anyway?
My Project:

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:07 pm

MegaDood wrote:
Spinda wrote:

When you post in a thread that was last posted in a significant amount of time ago. The term "bumping" comes from the fact that you're forcing an old, dead thread to be moved to the top of the list of threads in its forum

MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo

Postby MegaDood » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:16 pm

PixelPest wrote:
MegaDood wrote:
Spinda wrote:
When you post in a thread that was last posted in a significant amount of time ago. The term "bumping" comes from the fact that you're forcing an old, dead thread to be moved to the top of the list of threads in its forum
Oh, I didn't know it was a bad thing to do. Sorry.
My Project:

Return to “Graphics”