Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: SMBX2 Custom Assets Library
Chat Username: SquishyRex

SMB3-styled King Bill

Postby Squishy Rex » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:26 pm

This is the last time I'm going to be updating this sprite so I hope you guys and gals like it. King Bill is a massive sprite and normal shading just doesn't look right, so I decided dithering might make it look a little nicer, though I may have gone a little overboard with the effect. This NPC includes both an SMBX standard (Masked GIF) and PGE/SMBX2 (Maskless PNG) format depending on which version you use, so it is cross compatible. It is simply a Banzai Bill re-skin so if you want it to be more like the real King Bill, you'll need to call upon one of the LUA wizards.

Download:
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Coming soon!

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Re: SMB3-styled King Bill

Postby PixelPest » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:30 pm

I think the dithering looks wrong when it's supposed to be smooth and metallic. It looks too rough to me

MarioboyFan602
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Super Mario Bros Remake
Chat Username: MarioboyFan602

Postby MarioboyFan602 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:35 pm

i kinda agree with u Pixel, but he did say that this will be the last time he updates this, so we aren't gonna see those changes anytime soon, ;-;
-----Current Projects-----
Spoiler: show
I Try my Best and be as Nice as Possible to Anyone :D

PROX
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: PROX

Postby PROX » Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:35 am

yeah the dithering makes it look really strange. Especially with its surroundings
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

If it makes sense then it must make dollars

Youtube Channel: ProxyHax O.O

Please do not use my stuff until I release it. Thank you.

Collab Project I'm working on:

My Graphics Pack:

World Map Pack: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20173

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:01 am

Hmm, you guys do make a valid point. I did say it was the last time I would update the sprite, but if anyone wants to have a crack at it by all means. I don't intend on working on this monolithic sprite again anytime soon so it would be interesting to see someone else's take on King Bill using the SMB3 palette, if someone feels up to it. ;)
Coming soon!

PROX
Mouser
Mouser
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: PROX

Postby PROX » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:54 am

Squishy Rex wrote:Hmm, you guys do make a valid point. I did say it was the last time I would update the sprite, but if anyone wants to have a crack at it by all means. I don't intend on working on this monolithic sprite again anytime soon so it would be interesting to see someone else's take on King Bill using the SMB3 palette, if someone feels up to it. ;)
I did something in the WIP. Granted it looks nothing like this, and it's a different style, but eh it's ok I guess.
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

If it makes sense then it must make dollars

Youtube Channel: ProxyHax O.O

Please do not use my stuff until I release it. Thank you.

Collab Project I'm working on:

My Graphics Pack:

World Map Pack: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20173

Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser

Postby Squishy Rex » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:56 am

PROX wrote:
Squishy Rex wrote:Hmm, you guys do make a valid point. I did say it was the last time I would update the sprite, but if anyone wants to have a crack at it by all means. I don't intend on working on this monolithic sprite again anytime soon so it would be interesting to see someone else's take on King Bill using the SMB3 palette, if someone feels up to it. ;)
I did something in the WIP. Granted it looks nothing like this, and it's a different style, but eh it's ok I guess.
Eh, I'll take a look. Surely it can't be that bad considering your other graphics anyway. A different style is probably just what it needs to make it really fitting. :)
Coming soon!

Return to “Graphics”