Let's get someone even more out of place!
DOWNLOADI've been on a HUGE Final Fantasy kick lately. I've beaten VII and III, and I'm currently playing through IV and V. I've come to notice that Final Fantasy V doesn't seem to get a lot of love, likely because it took so long for V to be localized. Even having played little bits and pieces of nearly every Final Fantasy, V sticks out to me. Maybe it's because it's just so goddamn bright and happy compared to other games in the series. Maybe it's that the story is simple, but effective.
Whatever the case, I'm having a blast with it, and I thought that I'd like to bridge two of my favorite game series together... as I am wont to do.
And so we have the wandering protagonist Bartz Klauser, who followed the call of the wind all the way to the Mushroom Kingdom! He replaces Link, of course, and powers up by donning one of his many available Job outfits from FFV!
• Drinking a Tonic restores Bartz's HP, indicated by the addition of the Mime cape and a broadsword to replace his dagger.
• The Rod makes Bartz a Black Mage, allowing him to cast Fire!
• The Staff turns him into a Time Mage that casts Stop to freeze foes in place!
• The Lance suits him up in Dragoon armor, giving him a Jump so powerful it feels like flying!
• The Ninja's Katana gives him the ability to hide in the shadows with the Alt. Jump button, in addition to limited flight.
• The Bow allows him to practice his Hunter's marksmanship by firing magical arrows.
• Finally, the Wonder Wand shrinks him down to Mini size, which allows him free unlimited flight until he lands... somehow.
FINAL FANTASY and all related characters, indicia © SQUARE ENIX. Sprites ripped from Final Fantasy V, SNES version.