[RESSOURCE] SMW Bonneton

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
-Do not create a topic requesting custom graphic. Do so in Graphic Request.
Mushroom King
Swooper
Swooper

[RESSOURCE] SMW Bonneton

Postby Mushroom King » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:17 pm

I tried to remake in SMW style the lamppost from Cap Kingdom Super Mario Odyssey. Because I'm too lazy to turn it into a sprite, I will just share it as a ressource. Feel free to use it the way you want.

Last edited by Mushroom King on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teemster2
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Re: [RESSOURCE] SMW Bonneton Lamppost

Postby Teemster2 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:26 am

Mushroom King wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:17 pm
I tried to remake in SMW style the lamppost from Cap Kingdom Super Mario Odyssey. Because I'm too lazy to turn it into a sprite, I will just share it as a ressource. Feel free to use it the way you want.

Is it just me or does that image not look right? In the middle it looks like it was cut in half.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

SMBXFanBoi2013
Pokey
Pokey
Flair: I am the master of level editing
Current Project: Mario & the Missing Shine Sprites
Chat Username: Dudsans2005

Postby SMBXFanBoi2013 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:49 am

Teemster2 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:26 am
Mushroom King wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:17 pm

Is it just me or does that image not look right? In the middle it looks like it was cut in half.
Yeah I noticed that too, can you fix that Mushroom King? Because it doesn't look right.
I believe in Geno as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.
----------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to join my Discord server, here is the invite link to it: https://discord.gg/YcehmBZ
But the server will be abandoned and removed after MATMSS is finished...
---------------------------------------------------------------
Geno may be my favorite Mario character, but the Koopalings are also my favorite characters (but Larry, Lemmy, Ludwig, and Iggy are my favorite koopalings), and so are Boohemoth, Luigi, Yoshi, Mario, Rosalina, Koopa, and Waluigi.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to see my videos, go to my Youtube channel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCIT_h6HxKSeIShIIVvhTduw
My project:
Spoiler: show
I support:
Spoiler: show

Mushroom King
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Mushroom King » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:45 am

Well, the lamppost in SMO are actually not straight and slightly bend, that's why I make it like this too. Bonneton had curves where we are rather accustomed to seeing straight lines like its lampposts, bridges or fences. Now, I'm not saying Bonneton DOESN'T have straight lines, just not for the things I mentionned. Also, the bending is more subtle in SMO. Maybe I will try to make it that way too but I wwill need to remove pixels and make thinner the upper part I guess...

I will probably add more ressource later.I already made the hats houses, I just need to make the tilted "hats" windows for this, and it's not so easy.

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Postby HenryRichard » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:54 pm

I like it, though the bending doesn't look intentional enough - I'm not sure how that should be fixed though...

I'm on Soundcloud | My graphics pack!

Jesus is my savior.

Mushroom King
Swooper
Swooper

Re: [RESSOURCE] SMW Bonneton

Postby Mushroom King » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:17 pm

I actually did some change. I shoud post here too.
Last edited by Mushroom King on Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alucard648
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Alucard648 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:28 pm

Un-bent version looks better for me, assuming I might use it in urban themed levels. I would also like to see broken version of the lamppost.

Mushroom King
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Mushroom King » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:34 am

Small update.

I wish I was able to do a Bonneton grass tileset but the pattern is too complicated for me to recreate it without looking bad. :(

Teemster2
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Teemster2 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:58 pm

Will you include a download link when everything is finished? I would actually use these graphics but I prefer to download and not copy and paste. You did a good job.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

PROX
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Chat Username: PROX

Postby PROX » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:36 am

this is really starting to look great
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

If it makes sense then it must make dollars

Youtube Channel: ProxyHax O.O

My Project (No logo yet): viewtopic.php?f=90&t=18321&start=20

My Graphics Pack:

World Map Pack: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20173

Mushroom King
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Mushroom King » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:45 am

Thanks for the nice words. About the release, I'm REALLY annoyed I can't get the grass to match the one in Bonneton. I can just make it the SMW grass black and grey and pretend it's good enough, but that would be just a lie, right? So, if actually someone can help me and make a lawn/grass/felt tileset fitting to Bonneton theme, I would really appreciate it. And of course, credits will be given to the author.

Mr Boboo
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: The Wicked Pissah
Current Project: Super Mario & the Journey to Everlast
Chat Username: Roberto

Postby Mr Boboo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:17 am

Mushroom King wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:45 am
Thanks for the nice words. About the release, I'm REALLY annoyed I can't get the grass to match the one in Bonneton. I can just make it the SMW grass black and grey and pretend it's good enough, but that would be just a lie, right? So, if actually someone can help me and make a lawn/grass/felt tileset fitting to Bonneton theme, I would really appreciate it. And of course, credits will be given to the author.
I think making the grass have black and gray stripes and the dirt being light gray or white would be fine. I could try to make it if you want, but it'd be pretty simple anyway.
I shall return with a new episode...... soon.

Check out my Mega Man Maker levels!
Breakneck Quarry: ID 189213
Flash Freeze: Coming soon

I support:

Mushroom King
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Mushroom King » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:20 am

Making stripes isn't difficult indeed, the problem is the pattern of these stripes. They're like "criss-cross" with many different angles. I was planning to have the grass recovering all the blocks with no actual "dirt" to see.

Mr Boboo
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: The Wicked Pissah
Current Project: Super Mario & the Journey to Everlast
Chat Username: Roberto

Postby Mr Boboo » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:58 pm

Mushroom King wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:20 am
Making stripes isn't difficult indeed, the problem is the pattern of these stripes. They're like "criss-cross" with many different angles. I was planning to have the grass recovering all the blocks with no actual "dirt" to see.
Maybe just make them all diagonal in the same direction? Having that kinda pattern with no dirt would be pretty ugly if you ask me.
I shall return with a new episode...... soon.

Check out my Mega Man Maker levels!
Breakneck Quarry: ID 189213
Flash Freeze: Coming soon

I support:

PROX
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Chat Username: PROX

Postby PROX » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:30 pm

Mushroom King wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:45 am
considering all of that would be on top rather than the side, I don't see the issue with just making black grass. Or you could do what I did using the example I posted in the WIP graphics showcase.
I believe and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.

If it makes sense then it must make dollars

Youtube Channel: ProxyHax O.O

My Project (No logo yet): viewtopic.php?f=90&t=18321&start=20

My Graphics Pack:

World Map Pack: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=20173

Mushroom King
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Mushroom King » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:51 pm

I think that pattern is fitting for the lawn.

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:28 pm

That looks great! The hat BGO with the broad black bottom, bothers me a little. Maybe try making it less broad, but it looks good.

Mushroom King
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Mushroom King » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:16 pm

The broad bottom for the hat make sense because they're also used as airship so the bottom itself act like a kind of hull. It would be more explicit if I added the missing sail on it. Even The "Odyssey" airship used by Mario is an upgraded version of these hat-airships.

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:19 pm

Mushroom King wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:16 pm
The broad bottom for the hat make sense because they're also used as airship so the bottom itself act like a kind of hull. It would be more explicit if I added the missing sail on it. Even The "Odyssey" airship used by Mario is an upgraded version of these hat-airships.
My bad, thanks.

Mushroom King
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Mushroom King » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:34 pm

It's okay, it's not something obvious. Beside, that's not really a BGO but a sizable block, making it "walkable" to the player and npcs just like the top of the hat itself. The actual BGO in it is the lower hat who supports the rest.

Return to “Graphics”