Custom SM2DU-style Mario Sprites v3.0

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
-Do not create a topic requesting custom graphic. Do so in Graphic Request.
Lx Xzit
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:12 pm

Custom SM2DU-style Mario Sprites v3.0

Postby Lx Xzit » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:28 pm

Hi there! I made a new update of these sprites, now they use a completely new pallet with more cold colors. I also changed the outline and removed the hair and eye's textures because it looked too saturated. These sprites were made for SMBX 1.4 but you can use them in SMBX 2.0 too.

Image

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5eagn6x58 ... 0.zip/file

Credits:
Spoiler: show
-Lx Xzit
-Kenstertank
-ElSergioX
-FernanproGamer

Special thanks to Enjl for giving detailed feedback about how to improve these graphics ~

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6115
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: Custom SM2DU-style Mario Sprites v3.0

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:12 pm

Out of curiosity, are the sprites Mario Only or are all characters included?

ImageImageImage

Image

KeWin
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:10 am
Current Project: A Day in the Mushroom Kingdom
Chat Username: KeWin
Contact:

Re: Custom SM2DU-style Mario Sprites v3.0

Postby KeWin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:50 pm

I cannot use them in smbx2 beta 3.0 because the files are png not gif and when i convert it the .gif outcome isnt transparent :/

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4310
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: Custom SM2DU-style Mario Sprites v3.0

Postby Electriking » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:51 pm

KeWin wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:50 pm
I cannot use them in smbx2 beta 3.0 because the files are png not gif
Meaning you can use them
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:23 pm
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Re: Custom SM2DU-style Mario Sprites v3.0

Postby arcade999 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Electriking wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:51 pm
KeWin wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:50 pm
I cannot use them in smbx2 beta 3.0 because the files are png not gif
Meaning you can use them
well... not in 1.3 unless it has lunalua
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6115
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: Custom SM2DU-style Mario Sprites v3.0

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:19 am

Upon downloading this, it is only Mario and not Luigi, Peach, or Toad... Also, this should work in SMBX 2. You only need effect-3.png, player-1.png, and mario-1.png through mario-7.png if you use SMBX 2.

Edit: I might be able to make a Luigi sprite using the Frog Suit Pallet and recoloring the Red to Green, but I am not good enough at graphics to try it. This is quite good though.

ImageImageImage

Image

KeWin
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:10 am
Current Project: A Day in the Mushroom Kingdom
Chat Username: KeWin
Contact:

Re: Custom SM2DU-style Mario Sprites v3.0

Postby KeWin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:04 am

I've found a way to fix it i just used a different converter which converts them transparent...

User avatar
Electriking
Posts: 4310
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing
Contact:

Re: Custom SM2DU-style Mario Sprites v3.0

Postby Electriking » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:27 am

arcade999 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:31 pm
Electriking wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:51 pm
KeWin wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:50 pm
I cannot use them in smbx2 beta 3.0 because the files are png not gif
Meaning you can use them
well... not in 1.3 unless it has lunalua
But he said he is using SMBX2 so...
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

User avatar
AndrewPixel
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Bronze Yoshi Egg
Posts: 354
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:07 am
Flair: The Italian that likes time travel
Current Project: ???
Chat Username: AndrewPixel#2486
Contact:

Re: Custom SM2DU-style Mario Sprites v3.0

Postby AndrewPixel » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:08 am

Small Mario without cap is a really fancy detail. Good job!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Switch Friend Code: SW-2755-4824-8495
[PGE Italian Translator] [I make logos for your episodes, ask me via Discord or PM]

User avatar
arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:23 pm
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Re: Custom SM2DU-style Mario Sprites v3.0

Postby arcade999 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:22 pm

Electriking wrote:
Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:27 am
arcade999 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:31 pm
Electriking wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:51 pm

Meaning you can use them
well... not in 1.3 unless it has lunalua
But he said he is using SMBX2 so...
oh sorry I confused what you said lol
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

OfficialJC12
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:45 pm
Flair: Check out my YouTube channel called JC02official
Current Project: Super Mario DXII 2D (SMBX 1.4.4-38A)
Chat Username: OfficialJC02

Re: Custom SM2DU-style Mario Sprites v3.0

Postby OfficialJC12 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:26 pm

Not downloading unless Luigi is included.
Go check out my YouTube channel JC02official. I would give you the link but last time I did I got a community guidelines strike on my YouTube channel.

OlieGamerTV
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:23 am
Chat Username: MarioboyFan602

Re: Custom SM2DU-style Mario Sprites v3.0

Postby OlieGamerTV » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:39 pm

^^^

Then I guess you could be missing out on something good...
(I can't really say that because I haven't downloaded it either, but eh)
My Projects
Image
https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... 31&t=20473

I Support These Projects
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
Turret 3471
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Custom SM2DU-style Mario Sprites v3.0

Postby Turret 3471 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:59 am

OfficialJC12 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:26 pm
Not downloading unless Luigi is included.
cough cough he is
I support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image Image
Image
Image
Image OHNO

Gud quotes
Spoiler: show
Witchking666 wrote:that looks aweozme alwo, sorrt im ik a big drunk. i may have drunk a lttle rtoo muxj beer with erik.

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6115
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: Custom SM2DU-style Mario Sprites v3.0

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:35 am

Turret 3471 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:59 am
OfficialJC12 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:26 pm
Not downloading unless Luigi is included.
cough cough he is
I believe that is a different version. (I tried recoloring Luigi based on Frog Mario, but not much luck on my part alone.)

ImageImageImage

Image

User avatar
Turret 3471
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:43 pm
Contact:

Re: Custom SM2DU-style Mario Sprites v3.0

Postby Turret 3471 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:40 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:35 am
Turret 3471 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:59 am
OfficialJC12 wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:26 pm
Not downloading unless Luigi is included.
cough cough he is
I believe that is a different version. (I tried recoloring Luigi based on Frog Mario, but not much luck on my part alone.)
yeah, it's slightly different. more updated sprites than the pack on this site, but still by the same person.
I support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image Image
Image
Image
Image OHNO

Gud quotes
Spoiler: show
Witchking666 wrote:that looks aweozme alwo, sorrt im ik a big drunk. i may have drunk a lttle rtoo muxj beer with erik.

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 6115
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: Custom SM2DU-style Mario Sprites v3.0

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:29 pm

Turret 3471 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:40 pm
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:35 am
Turret 3471 wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:59 am


cough cough he is
I believe that is a different version. (I tried recoloring Luigi based on Frog Mario, but not much luck on my part alone.)
yeah, it's slightly different. more updated sprites than the pack on this site, but still by the same person.
I personally prefer the version on this site over those in the video.

ImageImageImage

Image


Return to “Graphics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests