Crate Factory Tiles & Behavior Pack

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
-Do not create a topic requesting custom graphic. Do so in Graphic Request.
TheBossCDA
Spiny
Spiny
Chat Username: TheBossCDA

Crate Factory Tiles & Behavior Pack

Postby TheBossCDA » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:13 am

About a year and a half ago, I found myself making an episode for 1.4.4, but I guess I just got busy with other things. Suppose I'll release one of the graphics sets I made for it since I think it looks pretty neat.

Screenshots
Spoiler: show
The tileset in an outside environment

The tileset in an indoors environment
Contents
Spoiler: show
This pack replaces SMW's castle tiles with an even colder, metallic look. It also replaces the SMW cave tileset with a concrete looking design to complement the former.
The SMB castle background is replaced with an edited version of SMB2's warehouse, fit with grayscale to match the rest.
Various pipes have been modified to be grayscale. Pipe-related background graphics are added to give scenes some depth.
Metal crossbeams replace various background objects, also to give levels depth.
Conveyor belts are made invisible- their visuals are replaced with SMB3 water background tiles, so that they can have edges.
Yoshi eggs are replaced with breakable crates, and have edited behavior to boot.
An SMB2 movable block is replaced with an unbreakable crate.
Two NPC blocks from SMB3 are replaced with larger unbreakable crates.
A ladder and a bridge piece are edited to be monochrome to fit the theme.
Download Graphics are in PNG format. This means they will not work in 1.3 without conversion, but they should work just fine in 38A or 2.0. Sorry for the inconvenience.
If you're interested in downloading the level these graphics were made for, you can look at my level thread here.
Last edited by TheBossCDA on Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Murphmario
Mouser
Mouser

Re: Crate Factory Tiles & Behavior Pack

Postby Murphmario » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:31 am

I actually quite like these, so good job. The main reason I'm posting this comment though is to tell you that SMBX2/Lunalua versions support both PNGs and GIFs.
Now taking graphics requests:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1urWpFq ... #responses

My graphics pack:
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... t=1960/url

Nothing is coming on Christmas. Why? Because I missed my past promises and should stop putting release dates on my stuff.

MegaDood
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Postby MegaDood » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:15 pm

They look nice as they work with the original style of SMB3 well. I feel they may be a little over detailed though in the first screenshot for SMB3, but that doesn't ruin anything. Great job with these.
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

TheBossCDA
Spiny
Spiny
Chat Username: TheBossCDA

Postby TheBossCDA » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:31 pm

Murphmario wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:31 am
I actually quite like these, so good job. The main reason I'm posting this comment though is to tell you that SMBX2/Lunalua versions support both PNGs and GIFs.
Thanks for the info. I'll edit the post accordingly.
MegaDood wrote: They look nice as they work with the original style of SMB3 well. I feel they may be a little over detailed though in the first screenshot for SMB3, but that doesn't ruin anything. Great job with these.
The intent was for it to work in the style of SMB3, so I'm glad you think it fits. I think you're right with the first image; the concrete definitely has a bit of over-detailing with the edge pieces I think. It might look better if the shading were more "geometric" than whatever I went with.

Return to “Graphics”