DKC Tilesets

Share and discuss custom SMBX graphics.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
-Do not create a topic requesting custom graphic. Do so in Graphic Request.
DoctorBacon
Goomba
Goomba

DKC Tilesets

Postby DoctorBacon » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:38 pm

Hi! I've been playing around with SMBX2 recently, and just started using it a month or two ago. I made some custom GFX based off of DKC and I though I might as well share it sense there seems to be a lack of DKC tilesets.

I currently have made DKC Jungle (Day,Night,Sunset), DKC Cave (Orange,Green), DKC2 Ship (Normal,Sunset,Rattle Battle), DKC2 Ship Hold (Normal,Lava,Glimmer), DKC2 Mine, and DKC2 Castle.

Spoiler: show

Note: The folder name for the Ship Hold files are accidentally named Ship Hull, please ignore that.

Note: The rain effect here are scripted particle effects. Specifically the example rain of the PGE wiki.

If you want the enemies sprites I made, I can upload them too. IMO they look hideous so I haven't uploaded them.
Also, all the backgrounds are the org background textures, just edited a bit to fit the base background-2 sizes.

I made this GFX in SMBX2mx3. Not completally sure if that matters, as I have only been using SMBX for a month or two.

Download:

MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Re: DKC Tilesets

Postby MegaDood » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:55 am

Are these done by hand? They look pretty cool. I quite like the coloring on them as well as the shading. I feel like it wouldn't be a bad idea to upload your enemy sprites, who knows, someone might find some good use out of them.
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

DoctorBacon
Goomba
Goomba

Postby DoctorBacon » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:59 pm

MegaDood wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:55 am
Are these done by hand? They look pretty cool. I quite like the coloring on them as well as the shading. I feel like it wouldn't be a bad idea to upload your enemy sprites, who knows, someone might find some good use out of them.
Thanks! I made them by hand in paint.net with reference pictures. I'm planning to make all locations in the DKC trilogy, with the only one I think might be impossible being the beehive.

I'm going to update this soon with the DKC2 Rig, Swamp, and Lava areas. And i'll probably release my enemy sprites soon, I just want to polish them up first.

DoctorBacon
Goomba
Goomba

Postby DoctorBacon » Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:44 am

I've had a lot of problems with my computer. I should be uploading this sometime soon if anyone cares.

FireyPaperMario
Peach
Peach
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Current Project: As of now: SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis GFXs in SMBX
Chat Username: Shin FireyPaperMario

Postby FireyPaperMario » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:08 am

I like how you recreate the graphics from Donkey Kong Country 1 in your own 16-bit style! And I'll give you bonus points for it not being in SMB3 style.

Teemster2
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby Teemster2 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:41 am

These are pretty good. Thank you.
I want to say thank you to God for every day he gives me on this planet and for the chance to be in a better place when I die.

MegaDood
Birdo
Birdo
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. Twisted Realities
Chat Username: Mega

Postby MegaDood » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:30 pm

FireyPaperMario wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:08 am
I like how you recreate the graphics from Donkey Kong Country 1 in your own 16-bit style! And I'll give you bonus points for it not being in SMB3 style.
Practically anything that is not in the SMB3 style is really refreshing to me, so I agree with you.
My Project:
I don't really have a signature but here's what I support:

Return to “Graphics”