http://www.mediafire.com/download/97iizis99sdoudn/ (LunaLua is required for Angry Sun and Flame Chomp)
Feedback is appreciated!
6. Valtteri - Nighttime Wasteland (8.04/10)
- bossedit8 (8.75/10)
- Here's a lovely SMB3 World 8 Level 2 Desert going on with the Angry Sun and the fire chomp on top of that. About the design of the level, the obstacles and such were very nice and added up to the variety of challenges. The fire chomp enemy, although it's neat to have that guy in the level, sometimes can be too much with the other enemies since he's so fast and his spawnrate is so fast as well. You mostly have to take care of the fire chomp rather than most of the other guys around here. Also I find it kind of strange that inside one of the quicksands there is a block with a vine in it which is unnoticeable unless you actually hold up at the vine. Because when I first played it I thought there would be a power up or a 1UP but no, it's a vine which is hard to indicate because it's behind the quicksand. Other than these things I said, I really like it and I also love the music choice.
- A clear inspiration to SMB3 8-2, and wow is it well done. The construction is incredibly reminiscent of its source with really effective enemy placements and terrain deviations. The perfectly replicated Angry Sun adds a layer of tension to the already moderately-challenging level without making it feel excessive. The Fire Chomps are remade pretty smoothly too, but I feel they could stand to be a bit slower and a bit less frequent. Still, they're really good and are within the realm of fairness. They even work well in the same presence as tougher enemies like Fire Piranhas and jumping Paratroopas, so I really admire the difficulty handling in this level. The overall mixture doesn't even require you to move constantly fast or be super precise, you just have to not get too careless. The length is relatively short and powerups are distributed at excellent intervals, so there's still room for error and you won't be dealing with these things for a long period of time, so I'm really impressed with how this level is made.
- This level is pretty neat. It's a very vanilla SMB3 wasteland level complete with working Angry Suns and Fire Chomps. It's a nicely designed level with no real issues to point out (apart from the bonus area being easily missable but I guess that's the point), but it takes some time to get use to how the Fire Chomps and Angry Sun work considering the LunaLua behind it. Good job.
- Oh man, this was super neat. It’s a shame it kinda just ended, because I was really enjoying it. The level complimented the new enemies well and I really liked how the level itself was structured. Falling through the quicksand into that blocky area was super cool and it reminded me a lot of a traditional Mario level. It was great, it’s a shame it ended so soon.
- Wow, a very nice adaptation of the original smb3 angry sun. The power of luna here is apparent! The level design is nice. I like going up and down the hills like dunes of a desert, and the level is very well decorated. My only complaint would be the npcs. When the player will dodge the angry sun or the strange npcs with fire power, many npcs appear and add to the already overwhelming number of enemies. It would be better if you removed some them. The level is fun and strongly reminds me of the angry sun levels in smb3. Overall it's a very good level!