(Medium/Hard) Waterfall Spring Melody

This is the place to post your own levels.
User avatar
WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3268
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:28 am
Flair: Legalize Awooo!
Contact:

(Medium/Hard) Waterfall Spring Melody

Postby WerewolfGD » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:17 pm

So, Airship's Waterfall Winds Inspired me to make this level. This level is pretty old (I made this level 4 months ago), but this is not means I ripped off Airship's level. I was requested this level to be recorded to Linik and Cedrik, but they're not do it :(
A simple Spring Waterfall level with some simple gimmicks.
Spoiler: show
support airship
Image
Image
Download? Restart your browser first. (Note : This level requires Lunalua)
Credits in the GFX folder.
(NOTE : I didn't release the Camacho Sprite publically, so please don't use the Camacho Sprite.)
Last edited by WerewolfGD on Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yea... I'm back, but with different view.

Known also as Camacho or Harvey36Dice.
Also a furry

Image
Awooo!
If you want to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056

User avatar
HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3453
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 pm
Contact:

Re: (Medium/Hard) Waterfall Spring Melody

Postby HeroLinik » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:09 am

Well, for some reason the Lua code isn't working, and there's a point where it's required to proceed, hence I had to turn the level down. What have I done wrong?
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

User avatar
h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:23 am
Flair: Украинец

Re: (Medium/Hard) Waterfall Spring Melody

Postby h2643 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:47 am

I don't like how the background in this level has a cut animation (if that even makes sense). I mean you can rip other 4 frames from that YI background, create two looping events, and make these backgrounds change after each second or so. This will help you make these waterfalls look more realistic.

User avatar
Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1451
Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:50 pm
Flair: Diverse Scouts

Re: (Medium/Hard) Waterfall Spring Melody

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:05 am

Camacho wrote: (NOTE : I didn't release the Camacho Sprite publically, so please don't use the Camacho Sprite.)
I already know this will also go for the level designers of Mix world 3.

Well, anyway I'm not sure what's up with the blue or silverish platforms, is there something I'm not looking at right?
But I do think the tileset looks quite appealing, but the background just seems to look weird, otherwise this looks very nice.
Good job!
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
Spoiler: show
Image
Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?
OR

User avatar
Aero
Palom
Palom
Posts: 4639
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm
Flair: Pirate economy

Re: (Medium/Hard) Waterfall Spring Melody

Postby Aero » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:02 am

I found it really difficult to keep track of the player and what was going on in the level due to the lack in contrast with the graphics used.

User avatar
WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Posts: 3268
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:28 am
Flair: Legalize Awooo!
Contact:

Re: (Medium/Hard) Waterfall Spring Melody

Postby WerewolfGD » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:36 pm

Linik wrote:Well, for some reason the Lua code isn't working, and there's a point where it's required to proceed, hence I had to turn the level down. What have I done wrong?
Did you installed the latest version of LunaLua (0.7.3) ?
I didn't make this level with SMBX 2.0.
h2643 wrote:I don't like how the background in this level has a cut animation (if that even makes sense). I mean you can rip other 4 frames from that YI background, create two looping events, and make these backgrounds change after each second or so. This will help you make these waterfalls look more realistic.
I didn't make the background so don't blame me D:
btw Thank you for the tip!
Ness-Wednesday wrote: Well, anyway I'm not sure what's up with the blue or silverish platforms, is there something I'm not looking at right?
But I do think the tileset looks quite appealing, but the background just seems to look weird, otherwise this looks very nice.
Good job!
Thanks!
AeroMatter wrote:I found it really difficult to keep track of the player and what was going on in the level due to the lack in contrast with the graphics used.
I'm too scared to increase the contrast, it would hurt someone's eyes.
Yea... I'm back, but with different view.

Known also as Camacho or Harvey36Dice.
Also a furry

Image
Awooo!
If you want to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056

User avatar
HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3453
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 pm
Contact:

Re: (Medium/Hard) Waterfall Spring Melody

Postby HeroLinik » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Camacho wrote:
Linik wrote:Well, for some reason the Lua code isn't working, and there's a point where it's required to proceed, hence I had to turn the level down. What have I done wrong?
Did you installed the latest version of LunaLua (0.7.3) ?
I didn't make this level with SMBX 2.0.
Yeah, I updated it last week.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

User avatar
h2643
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2896
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:23 am
Flair: Украинец

Re: (Medium/Hard) Waterfall Spring Melody

Postby h2643 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:46 pm

Camacho wrote:
h2643 wrote:I don't like how the background in this level has a cut animation (if that even makes sense). I mean you can rip other 4 frames from that YI background, create two looping events, and make these backgrounds change after each second or so. This will help you make these waterfalls look more realistic.
I didn't make the background so don't blame me D:
Eh, it's still not that hard to do, even if you didn't create it in first place (wtf that's not even an excuse).

User avatar
zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: (Medium/Hard) Waterfall Spring Melody

Postby zlaker » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:00 pm

Camacho wrote: I didn't make the background so don't blame me D:
Just because you didn't make doesn't it you can't fix the issue. Saying "I didn't make it" is not a valid excuse.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol


Return to “Levels”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest